Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• JaShea99 said:

When people applaud the pilot as he lands the plane after a completely normal flight. Clapping and shows of appreciation should be reserved for when it's been a particularly difficult flight with turbulence etc, not for a normal landing which pilots do every day.

Never understood this, surely every pilot should land the plane safely
  • JaShea99 said:

When people applaud the pilot as he lands the plane after a completely normal flight. Clapping and shows of appreciation should be reserved for when it's been a particularly difficult flight with turbulence etc, not for a normal landing which pilots do every day.

On the subject of applause, people who applaud at the end of a movie at the cinema. Now, this may be a Dubai thing, because I'd never experienced this in the U.K. It's also only with new releases, so maybe excitement takes over, I don't know.
    Doesn't annoy me, by the way. Just makes me think "Who's that applause for? Chris Pratt can't hear you! Freaks."
  • Robert Peston
  • The questions my 6 year old will be asking me in the next few days.

Last week at a holiday camp they had usual security guard checking you had entertainment passes and were actually staying at the park. He asks me are they there to stop another Manchester attack?

Try to insulate our boys from the worlds horrors but cannot prevent them hearing these things on the television or radio and have no doubt they will hear more at school too.
  • rina said:

JaShea99 said:

with flights to/from this country it's predominantly eastern europeans who do this- it goes back to the days when they used to have no choice but to fly aeroflot and were genuinely happy/surprised when a landing went well
    My mate flew to Russia in the early 90's with aeroflot and they had a curtain instead of a door on the toilet.
  • People that change their social media profile picture to tell us all what way they are voting. Wankers.

Or change their pictures frame/effect after every terrorist attack in europe only (with one that FB not only provides but promts them to use!), they ignore all the other innocents killed in terrorist attacks outside of that bubble.

(I admit I did change mine twice back in the day, but realised it's a pretty sad thing to do as it changes nothing.)
  • Sponsored links:

• My wife watching shite like Big Brother and then falling asleep, so I'm enduring the "noise", whilst she's asleep.
    Every time I wake her she insists she wasn't asleep.

Same bollox every night. Selfish is what I call it.

She falls asleep, change the channel!
  • My wife watching shite like Big Brother and then falling asleep, so I'm enduring the "noise", whilst she's asleep.

Have you considered changing channel? For some reason Babestation jumps to mind. But then again, then it just something that happens with me.
  • JaShea99 said:

The definition of a good pilot is one that has the same number of landings as take-offs
  • Has the Highway Code changed recently?

I thought vehicles were supposed to drive with dipped headlights in heavy rain.

Not on the evidence of my journey this morning. I am now worrying that I am the one in the wrong.
  • JaShea99 said:

Never understood this.

Why is the pilot the only person that gets applauded when he does his Job. I certainly don't and I don't applaud the chefs in the restaurant, or the assistant that sold me a pair of Jeans last week,

• edited June 2017

My wife watching shite like Big Brother and then falling asleep, so I'm enduring the "noise", whilst she's asleep.

That's the only time she wakes up.

She switches back and falls asleep again or I refuse to give her the remote and she stomps off and doesn't talk to me for the rest of the evening.
    Result :wink:
  • Elderly mother was told to f.off by a really brave cold caller, her only crime being confused and may have said the wrong thing, would love to have been privy to that call and have a chat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks Len, she was really upset but is prone to saying the wrong thing, usually without realising it, we usually intercept these, erm people but this one got through.

She switches back and falls asleep again or I refuse to give her the remote and she stomps off and doesn't talk to me for the rest of the evening.
    sounds like a great relationship. Glad I'm divorced & out of all of that. Can watch what I want when I want.

sounds like a great relationship. Glad I'm divorced & out of all of that. Can watch what I want when I want.
    Got any stories ? Come on you know you want to.

Got any stories ? Come on you know you want to.
    what, about my marriages ?? Don't know that I really want to share to all & sundry - bit different to mu exploits on dating sites. All I will say is that both women were / are very nice women, even if they did go off with other men. Wife no.1 - I have never seen since our divorce - last day I ever saw her was the day we sold the marital home & she came round to move the little of what was left. That was almost 20 years ago. Wife no. 2 cares for my 3 kids so I see her every week. We get on well enough although HER dating exploits probably trump mine !!!
  • My mum about to say something I might regret
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!