Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited June 2017
    LuckyReds said:

Looks like I'm single after 8 years, fuck knows what happened there. My choice though, and a late night visit to the mother has pretty much put it in perspective.

On the plus side, I got to tell some fat fuck who tried to get in my face to "fuck off to weight watchers and then come back and try again". Not sure what nonsense he'd been told, but seeing it take multiple people to hold the human wrecking ball back was quite amusing.

For someone who shies away from confrontation, it was pretty interesting. All I remember was yelling and demanding they let him free; "Let him fucking go then; if it looks like he's going to do some damage then all I have to do is walk away quickly". Most unlike me.

A bit numb really. First train home to collect a few bits, and - to be honest - ask a few questions before I decide if I've done the right thing. One being what the hell was up with that cretin.

Sorry for your situation, and hope it all works out OK, but can you confirm how many people holding back tubs screamed "leave it, he's not worth it.."
  • Probably been posted here already, but people that care too much about grammar and spelling when writing on a football forum. Who cares? As long as you understand what they're saying it doesn't matter. It's not an essay or report.

It's the written equivalent of going to the shops in your pyjamas. It doesn't really matter, but it reveals something about the person concerned... :wink:
    here here, well said
    The irony. (I do hope I understand what irony really means).

It's hear hear not here here.
  • iainment said:

Probably been posted here already, but people that care too much about grammar and spelling when writing on a football forum. Who cares? As long as you understand what they're saying it doesn't matter. It's not an essay or report.

It's the written equivalent of going to the shops in your pyjamas. It doesn't really matter, but it reveals something about the person concerned... :wink:
    here here, well said
    The irony. (I do hope I understand what irony really means).

It's hear hear not here here.
    I think this is one of those "whoosh" moments?
    Here here.
  • Haw haw
  • Whore whore.
  • Department stores. I don't want to walk 500 miles just to look at ties. Why can't you put the bastard things all in one place?
  • Sponsored links:

• As it happens, I walked 500 miles in house of Fraser then went to Debenhams and walked 500 more.
    Got a nice tartan tie at the end of it, mind you.
  • IdleHans said:

As it happens, I walked 500 miles in house of Fraser then went to Debenhams and walked 500 more.
    Got a nice tartan tie at the end of it, mind you.

On the away coach to Cheltenham earlier in the season they put a DVD (musical) using the procalimers music. Think that mama Mia thing they did a few years with Abba.

It was so shit I'd have rather watched a DVD about your tie shopping @IdleHans

• People who cannot respond properly to an email with voting buttons. Is it just my friends and colleagues that are crap at this? Half of them think that voting buttons are an invitation to write an essay and the other half think it gives them carte blanche to blank me.
  • People who are supposed to be giving way to you at roundabouts but instead of waiting behind the line until you have passed, they enter the roundabout about half way across then stop, leaving you a small gap to drive through.

This seems to be an increasing trend and it is really pissing me off.
  • Range Rover Evogue drivers.

They are the equivalent of the short bloke with a chip on their shoulder.

It's crap off road (most are 2wd), there's not much space and they THINK they are driving something special.

Apologies to any Evogue drivers out on here, i'm sure you guys don't have an attitude ;-)
  • edited June 2017
    I've been having a hard run at work at the moment. Basically I'm in sales and I've been struggling to sell. Processes and approaches that have worked for me in the past haven't worked so well in the last few months. I'm trying to change it up but old habits die hard etc.

So if you've ever done a sales role, one of the hardest things is that your performance is there, staring back at you on a daily basis.

My company is small, about 7 of us. I've given absolutely all I have to it to the extent that when my form dipped off last year, I didn't have a holiday and only used 4 days annual leave. It's a similar story this year and besides I can't afford it.

So with all this anxiety and fear etc and wanting to do well, today I get sent an email whilst I was away from my desk on my mobile to a prospect from my MD, asking why that was my third long break this afternoon and it was a similar situation this morning, and is there a problem? Now I'll admit I do have a few bog breaks, but they are often for perfectly good reasons (i.e. I need the loo). I'll also admit that I take the phone with me and browse this site among other things.

Yet this is a watershed moment in my career. Shit breaks and perceived long absences from my desk are being monitored.

I couldn't believe it. Also given the fact I was on my mobile busting my gut to try and speak to a prospect etc

You gotta love work
  • cabbles said:

I've been having a hard run at work at the moment. Basically I'm in sales and I've been struggling to sell. Processes and approaches that have worked for me in the past haven't worked so well in the last few months. I'm trying to change it up but old habits die hard etc.

So if you've ever done a sales role, one of the hardest things is that your performance is there, staring back at you on a daily basis.

My company is small, about 7 of us. I've given absolutely all I have to it to the extent that when my form dipped off last year, I didn't have a holiday and only used 4 days annual leave. It's a similar story this year and besides I can't afford it.

So with all this anxiety and fear etc and wanting to do well, today I get sent an email whilst I was away from my desk on my mobile to a prospect from my MD, asking why that was my third long break this afternoon and it was a similar situation this morning, and is there a problem? Now I'll admit I do have a few bog breaks, but they are often for perfectly good reasons (i.e. I need the loo). I'll also admit that I take the phone with me and browse this site among other things.

Yet this is a watershed moment in my career. Shit breaks and perceived long absences from my desk are being monitored.

I couldn't believe it. Also given the fact I was on my mobile busting my gut to try and speak to a prospect etc

You gotta love work

My sympathies.

Some people in the workplace generally cannot help but mind the business of other people and not in a good way. They love the power and /or want to deflect attention away from themselves.

Try and ride it out. Better still get out of sales if you can.
  • cabbles said:

You gotta love work

I feel your pain. I've been a financial advisor for over 25 years, but the first 9 of those were with a very large "Prudent" insurance company & in those days you were a "salesman" not an "advisor". I've lost count of the number of "presentations" I've sat through on how we could increase our sales figures or how we weren't meeting our targets. I was eventually "forced out" 6 months before they made everyone else redundant (a fact that still rankles with me to this day as I missed out on 9 years worth of redundancy money) as although I was ahead of 3 of my sales plans (savings, investments and mortgages) and below on 2 of them (car/home insurance and bank deposits).

• I feel for you cabbles.

Another office-related one. People who get too comfortable in themselves when at work. We had a couple of new starters who for a couple of weeks do the usual new starter thing of trying not to tread on people's toes and generally just trying to make a good impression by not 'standing out' too much. Now they feel they can get away with all manner of disgusting habits and generally annoying behaviour that I imagine they only do in the comfort of their own home and certainly not in front of total strangers.

One particular example is, as its hay fever season, lots of people sneezing in the office. That's not the annoying thing. No matter who sneezes, even if they are 10 banks of desks away, the one next to me always has to go 'Ooh, bless you!' in a stupid high-pitched voice. They can't hear you, you daft cow.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

You gotta love work

Explain what you were doing, is surely the way forward.
  • cabbles said:

You gotta love work

Explain what you were doing, is surely the way forward.
    Yeah i sent a response straight away. It was more after knowing him for 10 years now, 5 of those him being my boss he felt the need to send it. I'm 35 and have bills to pay, not some 21 yr old newbie that needs to be monitored etc

He comes from an old school boiler room rule by fear. The company has grown in revenue, but very few people stay. It's why we're on 7 employees after 3 years.

Laughable really
  • I was a successful Financial Adviser (salesman) for over 10 years, but it's a bit like being a football manager, the only thing your bosses care about is the here & now.

I'd win an award for best performer one period and then be getting the heat some months later.

I used to say the same as you. If what I've been doing has been successful for x no of years and was only a few months ago, then it's just a blip, so get off my case.

But of course there's only so long you can say that for, because your boss is getting the heat from above.
  • I was a successful Financial Adviser (salesman) for over 10 years, but it's a bit like being a football manager, the only thing your bosses care about is the here & now.

I'd win an award for best performer one period and then be getting the heat some months later.

I used to say the same as you. If what I've been doing has been successful for x no of years and was only a few months ago, then it's just a blip, so get off my case.

But of course there's only so long you can say that for, because your boss is getting the heat from above.

It's his company. Very driven individual and hats off to his success to date. But very disregarding of anything other than his way/thoughts etc

Just needed to get it off my chest. This site is great for it

• Dunno how I feel about this. Doesn't annoy me but I find it a strange angle
  • Superstitions and old wives tales. Saluting magpies and all that shit. It means nothing
  • That magazine is actually bloody awful. Offensive for the sake of it
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!