Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The real question is who put it there? And why?

Glad you found it.
    Truth is as much as we say things like "it's only a ring" when we lose things, really we're only lying to ourselves. Some things are irreplaceable.
  • Yeah I'm now annoyed that he should be getting treated to the full wife experience in the hotel room when I've already had my breathless, sweaty disappointment for the day. And the toe rag is on holiday
  • @cabbles, I've noticed a few comments from you on this thread recently, it sounds like things are a bit rubbish at the moment! Hope you're doing alright; don't get too down. I'm probably only noticing because I mainly read the thread where you go to vent.

(Just to clarify - no, I don't know you and there isn't any reason why I'd be noticing patterns in your comments!)
  • @cabbles, I've noticed a few comments from you on this thread recently, it sounds like things are a bit rubbish at the moment! Hope you're doing alright; don't get too down. I'm probably only noticing because I mainly read the thread where you go to vent.

(Just to clarify - no, I don't know you and there isn't any reason why I'd be noticing patterns in your comments!)

Haha - no mate, that dating one was tongue in cheek. The work situation could be better but I'm working on that :-)
  • Powell and Cabbles singing in a tree

***Stop Press - Ring Update***

After another night of my wife mopping around with a right face on and no news from the hotel, the bar where my wife lost her wedding ring was quiet this morning. So I took the opportunity to pretty much take the armchair she was sitting in apart. Despite her telling me she and the waiter had looked all around it when she went back, tucked right down the side of the cushions, almost into the framework was something shiny and familiar! Gawd knows how it worked it's way down in there but there it was!

I'm now my wife's hero and we can get on with our holiday.

Karma does work!

Typical public sector working blaming private sector staff of theft when it wasn't their fault.

:wink:

Glad she got the ring back and you are the hero
    Point of order Mr I, if someone had half inched it my money would defo be on the guests before any of the staff first. Some right dodgy looking sights around the pool here...
  • cabbles said:

And I'm all the way over in West Hampstead. Still, at least it's the jubilee back to Canada Water then overground to Forest Hill so relatively easy journey back

Maybe try closer to home - I hear sarf London birds put out on the first date......
  • Sponsored links:

• having the bosses son with me all week for work experience

waste of time...........he'll be MD once his dad retires so no point learning the ropes.
  • Being in an office when it's hotter than Britneys bum outside.
  • Pretty specific one, but when someone makes a good point and then ruins it at the end with an over-the-top similie.
  • 1StevieG said:

Being in an office when it's hotter than Britneys bum outside.

It's not very hot, wherever you are then?
  • Dazzler21 said:

1StevieG said:

It's not very hot, wherever you are then?
    Have you got inside info on the whereabouts of Britney's bum then Daz?

(Other than between her back and her legs)
  • 1StevieG said:

I believe their are laws about office working conditions - either too hot or too cold - if they are not being adhered too then invoke your rights & strike.
  • 1StevieG said:

I believe their are laws about office working conditions - either too hot or too cold - if they are not being adhered too then invoke your rights & strike.
    Only minimum I believe.
  • 1StevieG said:

I think it is only for one of them (too cold I think)
  • 1StevieG said:

Think it only applies to minimum temperature, not maximum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Everyone is correct, only applies to a minimum as otherwise all restaurant kitchens would be empty in summer!
  • ***Stop Press - Ring Update***

After another night of my wife mopping around with a right face on and no news from the hotel, the bar where my wife lost her wedding ring was quiet this morning. So I took the opportunity to pretty much take the armchair she was sitting in apart. Despite her telling me she and the waiter had looked all around it when she went back, tucked right down the side of the cushions, almost into the framework was something shiny and familiar! Gawd knows how it worked it's way down in there but there it was!

I'm now my wife's hero and we can get on with our holiday.

Karma does work!

Nice one.

Mrs Fiiish is exactly the same. She will lose something then claim she's looked everywhere. I look in an obvious crevice and lo and behold it's there.
  • 1StevieG said:

I have invoked my rights. And finished for the day. Nice walk down to Cannon Street to roast on the train home!
  • Its amazing what you can get up to on trains these days....
  • Absolutely done with my twitter feed over acts of terrorism and responses from both the left and right. Gone into overdrive today over Piers Morgan and Tommy Robinson.....ridiculous
  • Twitter users
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!