Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• TV programmes that are shot in the dark. There seem to be more and more. Bloody infuriating.
  • Redskin said:

The overuse of 'rain' in films - invariably at night - in an attempt to make a scene more dramatic. Then some twit walking about with his collar turned up holding a newspaper over his head.Rain acting.
    While I'm at it, someone we're meant to feel some sort of sympathy for - friendless, geeky student; busy attorney with a social conscious, misunderstood genius - overloaded with files, books, briefcase etc. Oh no! They dropped it all over the pavement and now they're scrabbling on their hands and knees trying to collect it all while important bits of paper get blown into the traffic. Bloody idiot.
    Theres no way I can carry all this without dropping it acting.

Oh yeah, they're a geek so they must be a good person. The reason a lot of geeks don't have friends is because quietly they're dicks.

Also, the correct British reaction to someone dropping all that stuff is "wheeyyy, wankaaa" - so it's totally unrealistic.

Any lazy movie cliché is kind of annoying, always the scenes after the 'hero saves the day and gets the girl bit' is usually just the director phoning it in for the last 5-10 mins of the movie. "Umm... what did they use in xxxx? Yeah, just use that, let's go to The Horseshoe".
  • People say "touch wood" and then touch their heads, I mean WTF is that all about?
  • hackers / computer geeks in films.

Can all type at 200+ words per minute.

• Owen Jones.

Some people on my twitter have retweeted him recently, dunno who he is but he looks like a right smug prick and another one who shags cats.
  • Owen Jones.

Some people on my twitter have retweeted him recently, dunno who he is but he looks like a right smug prick and another one who shags cats.

He's the poster child for the left. I follow him, tend to agree with him on most things but I can understand how those that have a central/neutral approach to politics could be wound up

I think the problem is he's also about our age so friends in your group may relate etc

Now I know this, I'll prob retweet everything he does now
  • cabbles said:

Owen Jones.

He's the poster child for the left.
    Funny, that's what people keep saying about me.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd follow you on twitter fiiish
  • cabbles said:

I'd follow you on twitter fiiish

Thanks, follow me on @laboureoin
  • edited May 2017
    Every time I turn the radio on there seems to be some shrill Scottish harpy banging on about independence.
    I long for the day when they fuck off to their independent promised land of milk and honey penury, emigration and endless EU bailouts.
  • edited May 2017

Booking train tickets last thing yesterday for a meeting in Reading today then getting to the station this morning and realising I'd booked them for tomorrow by mistake. Dick.

A very fair self assessment.
  • Booking train tickets last thing yesterday for a meeting in Reading today then getting to the station this morning and realising I'd booked them for tomorrow by mistake. Dick.

A very fair self assessment.
    I recently learned that if you want to use the Gatwick express to go from Victoria to Gatwick then it is better to buy a ticket from Victoria to Gatwick than from Gatwick to Victoria.
  • Adverts that show words on the screen which are then just read out. If you don't think I can even read, why are you trying to sell me a Mercedes coupé?
  • But they won the league before football began in 1992.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2017
    iaitch said:

But they won the league before football began in 1992.

"Yeah but that was way back in the 1920's it was ages ago" is the response you'll ALWAYS get

Yeah well if I had a gun I'd always do this to you after that sort of comment you prick!!

• Bit harsh on @iaitch.
  • I was being sarcastic as we all know that football only began in 1992 when the Premier League was formed.

I thoroughly agree with your earlier post about the league being the best because clubs can go up and down the ladder depending on their investment and ambition.

• iaitch said:

I was being sarcastic as we all know that football only began in 1992 when the Premier League was formed.

I thoroughly agree with your earlier post about the league being the best because clubs can go up and down the ladder depending on their investment and ambition.

No I was agreeing with your sarcasm not arguing with your comments as I genuinely have found that conversations about past history goes as follows:

Charlton fan: Yeah dont worry we've won the FA Cup in our time
    Top Six Fan: Oh yeah when was that then
    Charlton fan: Back in 1947
    Top Six Fan: Pfft, well you cant really count that now can you
  • iaitch said:

I was being sarcastic as we all know that football only began in 1992 when the Premier League was formed.

No I was agreeing with your sarcasm not arguing with your comments as I genuinely have found that conversations about past history goes as follows:

Charlton fan: Yeah dont worry we've won the FA Cup in our time
    Top Six Fan: Oh yeah when was that then
    Charlton fan: Back in 1947
    Top Six Fan: Pfft, well you cant really count that now can you
    Ok, thought you were calling me a prick which I thought was harsh but you weren't.

• I bet he is pleased as a Huddersfield supporter
  • Can't remember if I saw it on Twitter or the thread on here but his son tweeted that he thought that Reading still had a penalty to take so didn't even realise they'd won!
  • iaitch said:

Thing that annoys me on here is when we lose to Fleetwood, Bury, Rochdale etc people react as if they have no right to beat us just because they deem them to be smaller clubs.

Yet when Mowbray says his team shouldn't be losing to teams like Charlton then all the toys are thrown out the pram.

I agree your point in general, but Mowbray was talking about Middlesboro ffs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!