Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Those Sixt car rental adverts.
  • edited May 2017

'Anythink'

Ha. When growing up my old man was forever correcting my Mum for saying somethink .

He passed away 16 years ago and she still says it but now it winds me up!
  • Those bloody awful Audi indicators that slide across the light like a luminous game of snake.
  • MrOneLung said:

Agree- Such as my reusable whale bladder shopping bags.

Prime example - Almond milk. Absolutely awful environmental consequences. Production process is pretty bad when done on a large scale. Yet vegans drink the stuff by the gallon.
    Please explain.
    If it's the water required I think you'll find cow's milk needs an order of magnitude more to be produced.
  • iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Prime example - Almond milk. Absolutely awful environmental consequences. Production process is pretty bad when done on a large scale. Yet vegans drink the stuff by the gallon.
    Please explain.
    If it's the water required I think you'll find cow's milk needs an order of magnitude more to be produced.
    Cows are generally farmed where water is already plentiful. Almond production occurs in some of the worst drought spots in the world.
  • Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Please explain.
    Cows are generally farmed where water is already plentiful. Almond production occurs in some of the worst drought spots in the world.
    But California, where most of the world's almonds are farmed, uses way more water for it's dairy industry. By volume almonds use only a small percentage of the water required for cow's milk.
  • edited May 2017
    iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Please explain.
    But California, where most of the world's almonds are farmed, uses way more water for it's dairy industry. By volume almonds use only a small percentage of the water required for cow's milk.
    But the almond milk you'll find in your local supermarket will most likely have come from California, as opposed to the milk which I hope comes from a British dairy.

It is well documented why this has a much greater environmental impact, if you look at it from a non-biased view as opposed to an anti-dairy view.
  • IdleHans said:

Those bloody awful Audi indicators that slide across the light like a luminous game of snake.

Also those bloody awful Audi drivers
  • The way Michael Howard doesn't finish pronouncing the L at the end of words such as people.

(There are many other things about him but that really stands out)
  • Something of the night about him.
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

Having to take the middle cubicle of three in the work bogs after a long lunch meeting. I'm trying to dump and read CL in peace but I've got the sound of shitting in stereo. No joke, it sounds like I'm entombed in the creaking hull of a sinking warship

We have 3 cubicles for a floor of so many people and no urinals - so a constant queue, and because it's those 'full' cubicles (i.e. no gaps top/bottom) people take so long in there. I'm not sure if it's the anonymity of it or that they're relatively protected from the experience you describe above... but I don't know what they're doing in there; sleeping, doing their tax returns... could be anything. A poop takes <5 mins, maybe 7-8 mins tops if you went out for a ruby the night before. Was turtle-ing pretty badly this morning, a real near-miss.
  • McBobbin said:

Having to take the middle cubicle of three in the work bogs after a long lunch meeting. I'm trying to dump and read CL in peace but I've got the sound of shitting in stereo. No joke, it sounds like I'm entombed in the creaking hull of a sinking warship

Hate having a shit in the toilet when someone else is in there... Means I have to wait for them to be done and go before I can leave the cubicle because I dont want someone looking at me thinking "Stinky Bastard"
  • McBobbin said:

Hate having a shit in the toilet when someone else is in there... Means I have to wait for them to be done and go before I can leave the cubicle because I dont want someone looking at me thinking "Stinky Bastard"
    I'm sure they were waiting for me. Both other cubicles were filled when I went in, and as soon as I sat down it was "bombs away" on either side.
  • Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Please explain.
    But the almond milk you'll find in your local supermarket will most likely have come from California, as opposed to the milk which I hope comes from a British dairy.

It is well documented why this has a much greater environmental impact, if you look at it from a non-biased view as opposed to an anti-dairy view.
    I'm sure there's an impact but in terms of water it's not anywhere near the impact of cow's milk.
    Out of interest do you only consume locally produced foods? Or just local dairy products?
  • Alpro which I use is produced in the Uk. So the milk doesn't get shipped from CA just the almonds.
  • edited May 2017
    iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Please explain.

I'm sure there's an impact but in terms of water it's not anywhere near the impact of cow's milk.
    Out of interest do you only consume locally produced foods? Or just local dairy products?
    I try to only buy British produce. I understand certain ingredients in certain products have to come from abroad but those products are not intended to be a costly substitute for a natural product.

As I said there is plenty of evidence why the local impact of almond produce is far more damaging than the general case of milk production.
  • Booking train tickets last thing yesterday for a meeting in Reading today then getting to the station this morning and realising I'd booked them for tomorrow by mistake. Dick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Booking train tickets last thing yesterday for a meeting in Reading today then getting to the station this morning and realising I'd booked them for tomorrow by mistake. Dick.

Yesterday, today was tomorrow.
  • People making broad assumptions about other people because of the car they drive. I drive an Audi and I don't think you could hope to meet a nicer person that also displays exemplary driving skills.
  • Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Please explain.

I try to only buy British produce. I understand certain ingredients in certain products have to come from abroad but those products are not intended to be a costly substitute for a natural product.

As I said there is plenty of evidence why the local impact of almond produce is far more damaging than the general case of milk production.
    That's just not true. The environmental impact of dairy production is immense. Apart from water there is the leeching of vaccines and antibiotics into the aquifer. There is the problem of disposing of dead dairy cattle. There is more but I'm supposed to be working and my boss is giving me her stare at the moment. So back to kpi's.

Yesterday, today was tomorrow.
    Think he means that he booked them yesterday (Tues) to travel today (Weds) but has actually booked them for tomorrow (Thurs)
  • Macronate said:

McBobbin said:

Same here.

One of the only times I thought that I'd go for it with someone else having a pee at the urinal, I expelled the loudest guff down the pan that you can imagine before the Richard emerged. It was like a car backfiring. I sat there in silence just praying for whoever it was to leave the toilet but it seemed like an eternity before he did. Once I had finished, I came back into the office with my mobile phone clearly on display on the pretence that I had been on a call and not that Mount Etna had just erupted.
    The worst thing is when someone follows me into the toilet OR when someone is already in the toilet that I know... Usually I'll have to try and clench my arse to try and stop the shit until they've gone else they'll know its me thats done the stench
  • Motorway service stations that aren't actually on the motorway (e.g. Banbury Services on the M40). I have wasted literally minutes of my life because of this nonsense.

There are a lot of Service Stations like that now... Lakeside | Folkestone | Cobham and one along the M6 Toll Road have you coming off the Motorway, round a half-dozen roundabouts before you finally get into the car park!!

Then you have to do it all over again on the way out!!
  • edited May 2017

Motorway service stations that aren't actually on the motorway (e.g. Banbury Services on the M40). I have wasted literally minutes of my life because of this nonsense.

There are a lot of Service Stations like that now... Lakeside | Folkestone | Cobham and one along the M6 Toll Road have you coming off the Motorway, round a half-dozen roundabouts before you finally get into the car park!!

Then you have to do it all over again on the way out!!
    And then you miss the food bit and end up in the petrol station before the exit. Fuck. Wild Bean it is.
  • edited May 2017
    iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Please explain.

That's just not true. The environmental impact of dairy production is immense. Apart from water there is the leeching of vaccines and antibiotics into the aquifer. There is the problem of disposing of dead dairy cattle. There is more but I'm supposed to be working and my boss is giving me her stare at the moment. So back to kpi's.
    Well it is true, I've seen the evidence to prove it.

What do you think the environmental impact is of supplying Californians with enough water because almond production is sapping what little water there is?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!