Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People making broad assumptions about other people because of the car they drive. I drive an Audi and I don't think you could hope to meet a nicer person that also displays exemplary driving skills.

How is that possible bias view measured? Do you, for example. have a CPC :-) (I don't anybody who believes that he/she is an above-average driver. Surely somebody had to be a below-average driver)
  • PeterGage said:

People making broad assumptions about other people because of the car they drive. I drive an Audi and I don't think you could hope to meet a nicer person that also displays exemplary driving skills.

How is that possible bias view measured? Do you, for example. have a CPC :-) (I don't anybody who believes that he/she is other than an above-average driver. Surely somebody had to be a below-average driver)
  • PeterGage said:

People making broad assumptions about other people because of the car they drive. I drive an Audi and I don't think you could hope to meet a nicer person that also displays exemplary driving skills.

How is that possible bias view measured? Do you, for example. have a CPC :-) (I don't anybody who believes that he/she is an above-average driver. Surely somebody had to be a below-average driver) </blockquote
    I hadn't given it that much thought if I'm honest - I simply know I'm a better driver than most, even in my Audi. That's all there is to it...
  • When you respond by quoting and your point isn't differentiated
  • edited May 2017

Motorway service stations that aren't actually on the motorway (e.g. Banbury Services on the M40). I have wasted literally minutes of my life because of this nonsense.

There are a lot of Service Stations like that now... Lakeside | Folkestone | Cobham and one along the M6 Toll Road have you coming off the Motorway, round a half-dozen roundabouts before you finally get into the car park!!

Then you have to do it all over again on the way out!!
    South Mimms is the worst!

The trouble is after sitting in a jam for however long old gits like me need a comfort break !
  • When you respond by quoting and your point isn't differentiated

Doesnt bother me
  • Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Agree- Such as my reusable whale bladder shopping bags.

Prime example - Almond milk. Absolutely awful environmental consequences. Production process is pretty bad when done on a large scale. Yet vegans drink the stuff by the gallon.
    Please explain.
    If it's the water required I think you'll find cow's milk needs an order of magnitude more to be produced.
    Cows are generally farmed where water is already plentiful. Almond production occurs in some of the worst drought spots in the world.
    But California, where most of the world's almonds are farmed, uses way more water for it's dairy industry. By volume almonds use only a small percentage of the water required for cow's milk.
    But the almond milk you'll find in your local supermarket will most likely have come from California, as opposed to the milk which I hope comes from a British dairy.

It is well documented why this has a much greater environmental impact, if you look at it from a non-biased view as opposed to an anti-dairy view.
    I'm sure there's an impact but in terms of water it's not anywhere near the impact of cow's milk.
    Out of interest do you only consume locally produced foods? Or just local dairy products?
    I try to only buy British produce. I understand certain ingredients in certain products have to come from abroad but those products are not intended to be a costly substitute for a natural product.

As I said there is plenty of evidence why the local impact of almond produce is far more damaging than the general case of milk production.
    That's just not true. The environmental impact of dairy production is immense. Apart from water there is the leeching of vaccines and antibiotics into the aquifer. There is the problem of disposing of dead dairy cattle. There is more but I'm supposed to be working and my boss is giving me her stare at the moment. So back to kpi's.
    Well it is true, I've seen the evidence to prove it.

What do you think the environmental impact is of supplying Californians with enough water because almond production is sapping what little water there is?
    Well as dairy uses many times more water than almonds you could say the more environmental approach would be to stop dairy and switch to almonds. The facts don't lie after all.
  • iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Prime example - Almond milk. Absolutely awful environmental consequences. Production process is pretty bad when done on a large scale. Yet vegans drink the stuff by the gallon.
    Please explain.
    If it's the water required I think you'll find cow's milk needs an order of magnitude more to be produced.
    Cows are generally farmed where water is already plentiful. Almond production occurs in some of the worst drought spots in the world.
    But California, where most of the world's almonds are farmed, uses way more water for it's dairy industry. By volume almonds use only a small percentage of the water required for cow's milk.
    But the almond milk you'll find in your local supermarket will most likely have come from California, as opposed to the milk which I hope comes from a British dairy.

It is well documented why this has a much greater environmental impact, if you look at it from a non-biased view as opposed to an anti-dairy view.
    I'm sure there's an impact but in terms of water it's not anywhere near the impact of cow's milk.
    Out of interest do you only consume locally produced foods? Or just local dairy products?
    I try to only buy British produce. I understand certain ingredients in certain products have to come from abroad but those products are not intended to be a costly substitute for a natural product.

As I said there is plenty of evidence why the local impact of almond produce is far more damaging than the general case of milk production.
    That's just not true. The environmental impact of dairy production is immense. Apart from water there is the leeching of vaccines and antibiotics into the aquifer. There is the problem of disposing of dead dairy cattle. There is more but I'm supposed to be working and my boss is giving me her stare at the moment. So back to kpi's.

What do you think the environmental impact is of supplying Californians with enough water because almond production is sapping what little water there is?
    Well as dairy uses many times more water than almonds you could say the more environmental approach would be to stop dairy and switch to almonds. The facts don't lie after all.
    What about soya?
  • iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Please explain.

There are issues surrounding the water supply that are specific to almond production in California that isn't soley regarding the amount of water used (for example, almonds need to be watered which involves an irrigation system, whereas cows can go drink the water themselves). Again, this is well documented.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Please explain.

There are issues surrounding the water supply that are specific to almond production in California that isn't soley regarding the amount of water used (for example, almonds need to be watered which involves an irrigation system, whereas cows can go drink the water themselves). Again, this is well documented.
    But the grass and hay etc they eat is watered isn't it?
  • Kay Burley not being able to keep her mouth shut during a moment's silence in Manchester.
  • Kay Burley not being able to keep her mouth shut during a moment's silence in Manchester.

And on broadcast matches where the commentator has to tell us during the silence how impeccably it is being observed. Except by you, you plum.
  • iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Please explain.

You may well be right @Fiiish , but "I've seen the evidence" isn't enough to seal this one if you do want to go down this rabbit-hole. Edit: For the record, I absolutely do not want to read the evidence and am happy to stay ill-informed.

@iainment do you have a spidey-sense that goes off when the word 'vegan' is mentioned? You appear in a flash, like a Jock does when a Scottish tenner is declined at the tills.
    I thought that the point of this place is to respond to stuff you read. Do I have to wait a set time now if it's a post about certain topics?
  • iainment said:

Kay Burley not being able to keep her mouth shut during a moment's silence in Manchester.

And on broadcast matches where the commentator has to tell us during the silence how impeccably it is being observed. Except by you, you plum.
    Good god (not that I believe in god), I hope you have a happy and fulfilling life outside being a vegan @iainment. Maybe you could bring that contentment into your posts here?

• iainment said:

Kay Burley not being able to keep her mouth shut during a moment's silence in Manchester.

I can't say I've ever seen or heard this

surely just "Kay Burley"
  • iainment said:

Good god (not that I believe in god), I hope you have a happy and fulfilling life outside being a vegan @iainment. Maybe you could bring that contentment into your posts here?

I'm not a vegan.
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Having to take the middle cubicle of three in the work bogs after a long lunch meeting. I'm trying to dump and read CL in peace but I've got the sound of shitting in stereo. No joke, it sounds like I'm entombed in the creaking hull of a sinking warship

Proper lol at that.

One that gets me is people who have no work bog etiquette...

same set up in a previous job of 3 cubicles in a row so when all are free you choose one of the end ones on the premise the next bloke will choose the other end one allowing you both to retain a minute shard of peace/ dignity (before hurrying back afterwards and hoping the fit bird in accounts hasn't clocked where you've been and thus ingrained a mental image in her mind that makes her display even more utter disdain for your middle- aged irrelevance.s) ....only this one time some sick fuck chose the middle one next to me even though the other end one was vacant.

The pure hatred and contempt I felt for that pervert as he sat there merrily going about his business is usually reserved for nonces, politicians and John Terry. What is wrong with some people?!
    The only crime worse is when someone does that at a urinal. My boss did that just before id started. I couldn't go. I didn't want to stand there just holding my cock, so I pushed a bit. Let a squeaker out. I had to mumble an apology and zip up. He was hose blasting like a trooper, the show off.
  • iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

Please explain.

But the grass and hay etc they eat is watered isn't it?
    I cannot stress how much this little sub thread has cheered me up after a shit day at work and everything that has gone on since Monday. Nowhere else can I go than CL to see someone originally post a comment about almond milk, and that then transcends into a debate about the rights and wrongs of it.

It's really tickled me
  • bbob said:

Bloke at the urinal at work today, phone in one hand, eating an apple with the other whilst pissing freestyle.

Who says that us men cant multi-task!!
  • bbob said:

Bloke at the urinal at work today, phone in one hand, eating an apple with the other whilst pissing freestyle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ09paQRBnw
  • Jim Tavare (what happened to him ?) & Lee Mack.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!