Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

Mrs Brown

Gordon's wife?
  • Options

people that put blackcurrant in a pint of Guinness, especially when you forget and they look at you when you return from the bar like you have just pissed on there kids.

That concoction needs to go on a UN ban list. If people don't like Guinness they should leave in the barrel instead of ruining it. Best they stick to a lemonade.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Fiiish said:

When you put your items on the checkout belt in the order you intend to pack them (heavy items at bottom, separate meat, frozen items together etc.) and the Doris on the checkout starts leaning into the middle of the belt for some reason to scan those items first instead of just scanning the ones at the front first and generally just fucks up the order and you just have this expression...

I agree 100%. I do tell them sometimes that I've loaded the belt that way for a reason. They usually do it right then.
    Once i walked out and just left the stuff on the belt because the cashier started arguing with me about it.
    Wait, you went through the effort of getting your shopping, but walked out without it because the cashier annoyed you? That's an impressive level of commitment to being pissed off!
  • Options
    I have a solution, move to Scotland where some supermarkets have introduced slow lanes where the process of packing and paying can take as long as you want, aimed at the retired and lonely, but certainly a good idea
  • Options

I have a solution, move to Scotland where some supermarkets have introduced slow lanes where the process of packing and paying can take as long as you want, aimed at the retired and lonely, but certainly a good idea

They've introduced slow lanes at Homebase too. I can never seem to find the fast lane though, every cashier seems to take 5 minutes to scan two paintbrushes and a bottle of white spirit.
  • Options

People with no sense of urgency during rush hour.

People handing out/ asking for stuff. No I don't want a yoghurt / metro etc.

Deliveroo
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Deliveroo

Even worse is that people actually queue up for those things. Often see a line of people at Liverpool Street station for a free box of cereal - one that costs about 50p in a shop and contains about 14 cornflakes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ronnie O'sullivan
  • Options
    "Banter"! If you want to gee me up and you get a dig because of it, how can you look surprised/upset? You wanted a reaction and you got one.
  • Options

Ronnie O'sullivan

Yep. The greatest snooker player of all time, but an absolute twat of a human being!
  • Options
    Love Ronnie
  • Options

Deliveroo

Even worse is that people actually queue up for those things. Often see a line of people at Liverpool Street at Liverpool for a free box of cereal - one that costs about 50p in a shop and contains about 15 cornflakes.
    Doesn't surprise me. You could drop a ten pence piece in Liverpool Lime Street and cause utter chaos.
  • Options
    Have to say though - 5 world titles, 7(?) Masters and 6(?) UK's, the most number of 147's, the most number of centuries, loads of ranking events and yet he is still an underachiever.

Just shows how talented he is.

So that's what annoys me. The fact that Ronnie's career stats aren't even more ridiculous than they are now.

(Sorry if stats are off, was off the top of my head).
  • Options

Ronnie O'sullivan

Yep. The greatest snooker player of all time, but an absolute twat of a human being!
    Great voice though.
  • Options
    Happy Friday!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday my arse. It's just like any other work day, except you don't have to go to bed at a reasonable time for work the next day.
  • Options
    Neil Harris - his face winds me up and his interview style. It's not the fact it's he's Millwall either as I liked Kenny Jacket when he was manager there. It's just Neil Harris. And he's gonna get more air time this weekend because of the flat cap fashion show taking place at White Hart Lane
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My 6 year old being sent home from school with suspected chickenpox and knowing got 10-14 days of misery ahead of us as he will no doubt give it to the 3 year old too.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

My 6 year old being sent home from school with suspected chickenpox and knowing got 10-14 days of misery ahead of us as he will no doubt give it to the 3 year old too.

I have liked that but only in the absence of a "my deepest sympathy" button
  • Options

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

When you put your items on the checkout belt in the order you intend to pack them (heavy items at bottom, separate meat, frozen items together etc.) and the Doris on the checkout starts leaning into the middle of the belt for some reason to scan those items first instead of just scanning the ones at the front first and generally just fucks up the order and you just have this expression...

I agree 100%. I do tell them sometimes that I've loaded the belt that way for a reason. They usually do it right then.
    Once i walked out and just left the stuff on the belt because the cashier started arguing with me about it.
    Wait, you went through the effort of getting your shopping, but walked out without it because the cashier annoyed you? That's an impressive level of commitment to being pissed off!
    I have high standards. ;-). And sometimes a short fuse.
  • Options
    Carter said:

iainment said:

Fiiish said:

I've done the same in Gillingham Tescos. A whole months shop as well, I'm pretty regimental in how I load the conveyor belt and when the lady asked "need any help with your packing" I asked her not to throw it through at the speed of sound. Which she then did, this was also a long time before carrier bags had to be paid for and about half way through she announced she had no more bags. And continued to fling everything through regardless. "Enough" said I

"Can you hold on until we get some more bags please"

And she ignored me, so I fucked off leaving all the shit in bags in the trolley and the rest on the belt. I can't even say it felt good, I was foaming at the mouth at her lack of being able to do one thing, I didn't even ask her to help apart from not try and break a checkout speed record and then I had to brave Jeremy Kyle's holding pen at Chatham Asda and do all that shit again
    We should shop together one day.
  • Options
    Someone on my Facebook has just said that their daughter has chickenpox, they live in Greenhithe.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The younger they get it the better. Mine was 3 when she got it and although a bit drowsy at times, was fine. We went away 2 days after she was diagnosed and apart from the spots you wouldn't have known she was ill.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

My 4 year old got sent home from nursery yesterday with it. School made out she had high fever, so rushed home from London, only to find her buzzing about on her scooter at 30mph. She's covered in spots this morning but completely fine in herself.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Today? Everything.

Could have something to do with getting about 2 hours sleep thanks to my 3 year old daughter last night!

I had a shocker in terms of sleep last night as well. That's 2 out the last 3 nights. Monday night into Tuesday morning I remember nodding off at 3.30am, up at 5.30am. Last night nodded off at 2am up at 6am

Not as bad as only 2 hours but feel like utter crap and this is a pressurised time at work so not good
    The worst thing is that our youngest is teething, she was brilliant last night for once, and her sister picked that night to kick off half the night.
    Hoping tonight is better for you mate. I'm done with today
    Just seen this, it was luckily! Cheers.
  • Options
    One of my work colleagues has two poxy kids at home and she slept 2 hours last night.

Fortunately once it's done it's done.