Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    It's Smiths it is.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Fiiish said:

Stig said:

The way that Walkers (Lays) have fooked up the internationally recognised crisp colour co-ordination scheme. Everything was well ordered and everyone knew where they stood. Now it's anarchy out there.

Is this the myth that Walkers Cheese and Onion used to be Green and Salt and Vinegar used to be blue?
    No, it's the fact that before Walkers all crisps had those colours. Except for 'Freddie Bee' crisps that were striped but no-one remembers.
    Walkers have been around since just after the war though, haven't they? Were all S&V blue and all C&O green before that? I'm not sure there was a dominant colour scheme back then.
    For a lot of people, I think a big influence is that the main choices of crisp brand were, if memory serves, KP or Golden wonder back in the 70s and 80s. Walkers crisps just weren't the dominant brand back in my (and many others) youth, so we remember the colour schemes from that time. That became 'right' to us.
    If you ask people under the age of about 30, I expect most of them will probably associate green with S&V and blue with C&O because Walkers have been the dominant brand since the 90s.

No science in this and I could be wrong, but it seems pretty clear to me.
  • Options
    Hedgehog Crisps are the ones I miss, thry were tasty.
  • Options

Stig said:

Fiiish said:

Stig said:

The way that Walkers (Lays) have fooked up the internationally recognised crisp colour co-ordination scheme. Everything was well ordered and everyone knew where they stood. Now it's anarchy out there.

Is this the myth that Walkers Cheese and Onion used to be Green and Salt and Vinegar used to be blue?
    No, it's the fact that before Walkers all crisps had those colours. Except for 'Freddie Bee' crisps that were striped but no-one remembers.
    Walkers have been around since just after the war though, haven't they? Were all S&V blue and all C&O green before that? I'm not sure there was a dominant colour scheme back then.
    For a lot of people, I think a big influence is that the main choices of crisp brand were, if memory serves, KP or Golden wonder back in the 70s and 80s. Walkers crisps just weren't the dominant brand back in my (and many others) youth, so we remember the colour schemes from that time. That became 'right' to us.
    If you ask people under the age of about 30, I expect most of them will probably associate green with S&V and blue with C&O because Walkers have been the dominant brand since the 90s.

The first flavoured crisps were produced by the Irish company Tayto. Not a lot of people know that...
  • Options

The Taffy's always trying to stir emotions with their boring fuckin mens choirs singing at sports events. It worked the first time, but it evidently don't win you sports games, do your talking on the pitch ffs

At least someone listens to you mate. :lol:
  • Options

Monster Munch best crisps

Use to be Whatsits until Kulvinder ate a whole pack on school journey to London Zoo and chucked the lot up on the coach home, illuminous orange sick puddle going up and down the bus, and the smell...jesus wept

Kulvinder was Sikh on the bus?
    Yeah, bright orange Sikh everywhere. Shes a right sort now by all account, but I couldn't, not after the Whatsit episode
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stig said:

Fiiish said:

Stig said:

It's one of those ones where there was no dominant standard but for some reason Walkers went one way and everyone else the other. Similar to how the UK went with 3 pin plugs and everyone else went for a variation of the two pin plug (excepting the handful of countries that have their own weird system).
  • Options
    Waking up with a hangover, trudging downstairs and realising the fridge is devoid of sausages/bacon.

What a terrible start to the day.
  • Options
    Losing two club play off matches in tennis sandwiched between the Belgium protest. 4 months hard work down the drain
  • Options
    The constant rugby players from yesteryear reminiscing clips they play on the BBC and ITV. Has em sitting in a random disused wharehouse, looking to the side, while they narrate over the top, with the odd clip from them playing in the '70's. It's so fuckin boring, and the less said about Eddie Butler's voice over when the program starts, usually about vikings or someone going into battle, the better.

Sooner watch Harry Hill's Who's Been Framed to take up ths half hour before thd game.

Get on with it FFS!!!!!!
  • Options

The nine MPs claiming Amazon Prime subscriptions on their parliamentary expense accounts.

The SNP’s Lisa Cameron defended herself by saying, 'the service offered longitudinal savings on timeous delivery costs'. WTF?

Just get 12 email addresses and use one to sign up for the free trial each month, once you reach the end of that month, cancel the subscription (Meaning your not charged) and then move on to the next email address and start over.

A friend of mine says that works quite easily
  • Options

The nine MPs claiming Amazon Prime subscriptions on their parliamentary expense accounts.

The SNP’s Lisa Cameron defended herself by saying, 'the service offered longitudinal savings on timeous delivery costs'. WTF?

She might have a point there
  • Options
    I use JustEat myself and have only ever had the one issue with our local Chinese when they sent the wrong order.

At the time I realised the order was wrong moments after the delivery guy had gone and got straight on to the Chinese place to rectify the issue... Thankfully they dealt with it themselves but in your case @Stig talk about passing the buck!!
  • Options
    Never ever order Burger King delivery on hungry house. They purposely fuck up your order and get away with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    John Bishop
  • Options
    Big 'Ed Sheeran having 14 tracks in the top 15. Couldn't have done that in my day!

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/
  • Options

Never ever order Burger King delivery on hungry house. They purposely fuck up your order and get away with it.

Can you actually get a Burger King from online?
  • Options
    The worst thing about that Just Eat thing is the horibly patronising sounding use of your name every time.

• Options

The worst thing about that Just Eat thing is the horibly patronising sounding use of your name every time.

North Lower Neil is a bit of a mouthful though
  • Options

Big 'Ed Sheeran having 14 tracks in the top 15. Couldn't have done that in my day!

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/

In Ireland it's the entire top 16. What a joke the "charts" have become.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Absolutely disgusted with Just Eat and with local pizza company, Perfetto Pizza, who cocked up our order resulting in my wife, a pescetarian, eating chicken. Both denying responsibility. Will be taking the matter further and will never use either company again.

Just Eat

Did you click on the "thumbs up" option?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Absolutely disgusted with Just Eat and with local pizza company, Perfetto Pizza, who cocked up our order resulting in my wife, a pescetarian, eating chicken. Both denying responsibility. Will be taking the matter further and will never use either company again.

Just Eat

Twitter is the way forward with this stuff. They couldn't give a monkey's toss one to one correspondence but tweet something and you'll have refunds and compensation vouchers coming out of your ears.