Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

The idiots responsible for closing the A2 at the M25 last night following a full house at the O2.

Surely someone at the Highways Agency or whoever decides these things these days has a basic enough knowledge of geography to realise that a good proportion of 20,000 people will need either the A2 or M25 if not both!

Morons!

Does seem a bit much just for someone having a bingo win.
  • Options

The term 'to die for'.

'The shaggy Bolivian goat curry was to die for.' Fair enough, next time you're going to indulge, let me know and I'll pop round and end your life.

A dose of strychnine may well be 'to die for', try that in future.

Just like Marty Crane says on Frasier:

"Your family and country are to die for, food is to eat."
  • Options

Absolute beasts on the train home diving head first into a share size bag of crisps drinking lager.

More crisps on the floor than in mouth. Licking fingers between each handful and wiping salty fingers over trousers.

Burping and exhaling slowly so beer breath fills the carriage.

This is a woman. I feel sick.

Come on, admit it. There was no other woman on the train. It was you and a fellow commuter commented on your behaviour. :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks all for your support with my harrowing experience.
  • Options

Thanks all for your support with my harrowing experience.

You are just upset she didn't offer you a crisp.
  • Options
    I hadn't eaten a thing all day funnily enough but I lost my appetite rather quickly.
  • Options

The term 'to die for'.

'The shaggy Bolivian goat curry was to die for.' Fair enough, next time you're going to indulge, let me know and I'll pop round and end your life.

Have never actually heard the phrase "to die for" in real life, only as a pun in movies.

E.g. If someone tells you "the shaggy Bolivian goat curry is... to die for" get out of there now, I guarantee it's poisoned.
  • Options

The term 'to die for'.

Have never actually heard the phrase "to die for" in real life, only as a pun in movies.

E.g. If someone tells you "the shaggy Bolivian goat curry is... to die for" get out of there now, I guarantee it's poisoned.
    Unfortunately I see it written on virtually a daily basis, mostly on Facebook groups relating to food (I have Coeliac disease, so frequent a few groups relating to that). But it's also been used on this forum too, on a restaurant thread.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He said 'you're small and a ginger'.
  • Options

The term 'to die for'.

are you referring to a shaggy bolivian or a shaggy bolivian goat ?..it will make a difference to me whether its to die for ?
  • Options
    People that criticise the club's curry nights. I went a few seasons back and the food was to die for.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

The term 'to die for'.

are you referring to a shaggy bolivian or a shaggy bolivian goat ?..it will make a difference to me whether its to die for ?
    If you feel the need to munch on a shaggy Bolivian, be my guest. I actually meant a goat.

• Options
    People who get a parting shaved in when getting their hair cut, do you not know how to use a comb you wankers?

Also, probably been mentioned plenty of times but doing your make up on the train, I'm shaving on the train tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People who get a parting shaved in when getting their hair cut, do you not know how to use a comb you wankers?

Also, probably been mentioned plenty of times but doing your make up on the train, I'm shaving on the train tomorrow!

Shaving a parting?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

The car in front of me this morning trundled along at 22mph (in a 50 zone) I noticed a sign on the back window, it read 'The Speed Limit Is Not a Target'. by the time I got to Tonbridge there was probably 30+ cars behind this selfish prick.
    Yes that annoyed me, a lot!

What a load of bollocks, would annoy me too. Of course the speed limit is a target. It is in place as the safe maximum speed to travel.
  • Options
    Twitter histeria over a last minute 2-1 home win against Scunthorpe......
  • Options

!

I set the trends others merely follow. Although mines quite a wide parting. ;)
  • Options
    Greenie said:

The car in front of me this morning trundled along at 22mph (in a 50 zone) I noticed a sign on the back window, it read 'The Speed Limit Is Not a Target'. by the time I got to Tonbridge there was probably 30+ cars behind this selfish prick.

I think I may have had to follow him to his destination for a discussion.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Shaving a parting?
    Yeah, silly shit like this prick

• Options
    edited March 2017
    stonemuse said:

Greenie said:

What a load of bollocks, would annoy me too. Of course the speed limit is a target. It is in place as the safe maximum speed to travel.
    It is a speed limit which is defined as a speed you should drive under but as close to as is deemed safe, depending on the road conditions.

This very helpful link goes into the finer detail:
    driving-test-success.com/driving-articles/speed-limits.htm

Edit to tidy up the gibberish wording.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Indeed. If you are not comfortable driving at the speed limit where it is safe to do so, you should not be driving and ought to advise the DVLA accordingly.