Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• This is CBS's fault but the lack of live golf when watching golf on Sky.
  • BBC Countryfile not knowing the difference between Greylag and Pinkfooted Geese.

Those slap dash government lickspittles.
  • Watching SKY in general.
  • edited February 2017

BBC Countryfile not knowing the difference between Greylag and Pinkfooted Geese.

I've no idea either.

• BBC News Website, 3rd story down "Tips for staying awake for the Super Bowl" ffs
  • Phil Neville's punditry.
  • Kelly Cates.

Ruins every phone in show she's on. Never let's anybody get a word in, always interrupts people and makes the most irrlevant and stupid points. Loves the sound of her own voice so much it's a joke. Does my head in. Painfully obvious she would not have any sort of platform if her dad wasn't Dalglish.
  • Used to like her on 606 but now she does my head in. So clearly got her own little agenda with certain things and as you say often cuts in on people.
  • Graduate schemes. And how they've all decided to add a video interview to their recruitment process this year.

And when I say video interview it's not a chat with a person via Skype. It's some software where a question pops up, you have 15 seconds to plan and 3 mins to talk to your reflection. A horrendous experience.

Made worse by the fact that these companies have no end of technical issues with these to the point where they've asked me to retake the bloody thing. And now they've decided to ignore them and do it the old fashioned way face to face. Thanks for cooking me around in an incredibly busy time and wasting hours of my time. Wankers.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

BBC News Website, 3rd story down "Tips for staying awake for the Super Bowl" ffs

And why would anyone want to stay awake?! Just watched the start out of curiosity - what a load of nonsense, don't think they played for more than 10 seconds without stopping. It just looks like some kind of "robot wars vs rugby" mash up, with millions of adverts thrown in.

Presumably the winner will be classed as the world champion, purely on the basis that every other country is too busy playing proper sports to bother with it.
    Invited to 3 superbowl parties tonight. Declined them all. I'd rather be a miserable bastard on my own than watch that crap.

Like seriously what?!

Somehow it's become cool for people to pretend to love it every year. I mean these are people who watch and play proper sports. I just don't get it.
  • How does pretending to like American Football make you cool?

• The sheer number of people that look forward to the Super Bowl , just to complain about the Super Bowl.
    According to twitter feeds everyone is being forced to watch this, everybody thinks it's stupid because it's so stop start and everybody thinks it's not a real sport.

I don't know if they have family held hostage and are being forced to watch, or perhaps they think they are being funny and they might be the only person to point out that the game takes 3 hours to complete.

Is it really that hard to not watch or comment on something that you have such a strong dislike for?
  • Started to watch it as I wasn't feeling sleepy.

Rio Ferdinand popped up to give us the benefit of his knowledge.

So I went to bed and posted this.
  • edited February 2017
    MrOneLung said:

How does pretending to like American Football make you cool?

That's exactly my point. It's the whole thing where people find niche interests and get to them before they become popular to try and look cool. People see American football as one of these so they all come crawling out come superb owl time of year.

I've got my niche interest - Charlton. That's enough for me. Although it's certainly not cool and I doubt it'll ever be popular.
  • MrOneLung said:

That's exactly my point. It's the whole thing where people find niche interests and get to them before they become popular to try and look cool. People see American football as one of these so they all come crawling out come superb owl time of year.

I've got my niche interest - Charlton. That's enough for me. Although it's certainly not cool and I doubt it'll ever be popular.
    I'd love to see a superb owl.
  • iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

I'd love to see a superb owl.
    Deliberate. That's what I call it!
  • edited February 2017

Kelly Cates.

Ruins every phone in show she's on. Never let's anybody get a word in, always interrupts people and makes the most irrlevant and stupid points. Loves the sound of her own voice so much it's a joke. Does my head in. Painfully obvious she would not have any sort of platform if her dad wasn't Dalglish.

To be fair, she did spend most of her early life living in Liverpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Graduate schemes. And how they've all decided to add a video interview to their recruitment process this year.

And when I say video interview it's not a chat with a person via Skype. It's some software where a question pops up, you have 15 seconds to plan and 3 mins to talk to your reflection. A horrendous experience.

Made worse by the fact that these companies have no end of technical issues with these to the point where they've asked me to retake the bloody thing. And now they've decided to ignore them and do it the old fashioned way face to face. Thanks for cooking me around in an incredibly busy time and wasting hours of my time. Wankers.

I don't envy you pal. It was bad enough when I was doing all my training contract applications for law firms 10 years ago. God knows what shit they've been conned into putting into them now to get a deeper psychometric profile of the candidate.

It changes all the time. Now some of the big firms are asking candidates to blank out name, age, university and other fields for fear of unconscious bias. I.e. we tend to make assumptions about people dependant upon factors such as the above. I'm sure it's true, it's just that it's getting harder and harder for graduates to get on a good scheme now given sheer numbers of grads vs jobs.

• cabbles said:

Graduate schemes. And how they've all decided to add a video interview to their recruitment process this year.

I don't envy you pal. It was bad enough when I was doing all my training contract applications for law firms 10 years ago. God knows what shit they've been conned into putting into them now to get a deeper psychometric profile of the candidate.

It changes all the time. Now some of the big firms are asking candidates to blank out name, age, university and other fields for fear of unconscious bias. I.e. we tend to make assumptions about people dependant upon factors such as the above. I'm sure it's true, it's just that it's getting harder and harder for graduates to get on a good scheme now given sheer numbers of grads vs jobs.

Yeah. It's absolutely horrendous. It's mostly about who can bullshit the best. I've had those ones to avoid unconscious bias. I can see some sense behind it but all it does is add hassle...

Its made worse by the fact that I had something lined up, but that's fallen through for whatever reason and now I'm a bit late to the party with all the best ones that most interest me have been taken already.
  • If you get one then you've done well. I really struggled with it all. Ended up working in telesales which is what happens to a lot of grads. Perseverance and I'm sure you'll be fine
  • Graduate schemes
  • cabbles said:

If you get one then you've done well. I really struggled with it all. Ended up working in telesales which is what happens to a lot of grads. Perseverance and I'm sure you'll be fine

Cheers mate. I'll keep trying!
  • Carter said:

I've stewed on this since Saturday

Me and a few pals were down Rochester to watch the rugby, I'd been bought the first round and it was an OK pint of Heineken but flat. When it was my round I bought amongst other drinks another 2 pints of Heineken which were flat as a witches tit. I asked the bar lady for new ones and she was good as gold, turned out the beer or gas or something was on the blink so we had a couple of Kronenbourgs instead which stank of rotten egg. Once again back I go and she is nice as pie and having a sniff herself offers to change them for something else. I plump for Red Stripe at this juncture which is fine.

Now at this point some div came over and asked for the money for the red stripes. The barlady protests on my behalf and I told the guy I'd already paid and wasn't paying again. He told me there was nothing wrong with the kronies as they'd been selling them all day. Not a problem says I, you smell the beer. He said he wasn't going to and if he'd been selling it all day I was the problem. I was laughing at him at this point and said he was off his bin. The lady had the decency to look embarrassed and I told the plonker he could whistle for me paying again.

Now I wasn't rude, he was, he then got a bouncer to come over and sling me out. Unsuccessfully and I had a grown up chat with the meathead and explained nobody had stolen any beer, I had just refused to give me and my companion the shit's from drinking beer that stank like ammonia. He didn't listen and wanted to hook me out. A few other blokes and the bar lady came over and tried to explain as well. He said if I didn't leave he would call the police.

Fine, said I, waste their time but I'm not going anywhere.

Unbelievably 2 coppers turned up and asked to speak to me, I told them what had happened and was completely calm.. these blokes looked like they could absolutely do without this and spoke to the bar lady again.. they came back over and said I can stay if I wanted that it wasnt a police matter and they bollocked the bouncer. The manager (the bloke who kicked all this off) came over and gave the limpest weakest apology ever. And gave us, unbelievably a free round of 7 Kronenbourgs! All of which stank of egg, by this time the game was finishing so we left. The coppers saw me a couple of hours later and stopped me and asked if I'd done anything to wind the guy up.

We laughed about it and I said I'd save them some time and just drink red stripe from the off in future. They said that bar featured as a greatest hits for cctv incidents and to enjoy my night.

I took a long way about doing it but what annoys me is serving staff/management that can't accept a polite complaint. Beer isn't cheap anymore and shit beer shouldn't be tolerated.

F*****g troublemaker.
  • Carter said:

I've stewed on this since Saturday

Me and a few pals were down Rochester to watch the rugby, I'd been bought the first round and it was an OK pint of Heineken but flat. When it was my round I bought amongst other drinks another 2 pints of Heineken which were flat as a witches tit. I asked the bar lady for new ones and she was good as gold, turned out the beer or gas or something was on the blink so we had a couple of Kronenbourgs instead which stank of rotten egg. Once again back I go and she is nice as pie and having a sniff herself offers to change them for something else. I plump for Red Stripe at this juncture which is fine.

Now at this point some div came over and asked for the money for the red stripes. The barlady protests on my behalf and I told the guy I'd already paid and wasn't paying again. He told me there was nothing wrong with the kronies as they'd been selling them all day. Not a problem says I, you smell the beer. He said he wasn't going to and if he'd been selling it all day I was the problem. I was laughing at him at this point and said he was off his bin. The lady had the decency to look embarrassed and I told the plonker he could whistle for me paying again.

Now I wasn't rude, he was, he then got a bouncer to come over and sling me out. Unsuccessfully and I had a grown up chat with the meathead and explained nobody had stolen any beer, I had just refused to give me and my companion the shit's from drinking beer that stank like ammonia. He didn't listen and wanted to hook me out. A few other blokes and the bar lady came over and tried to explain as well. He said if I didn't leave he would call the police.

Fine, said I, waste their time but I'm not going anywhere.

Unbelievably 2 coppers turned up and asked to speak to me, I told them what had happened and was completely calm.. these blokes looked like they could absolutely do without this and spoke to the bar lady again.. they came back over and said I can stay if I wanted that it wasnt a police matter and they bollocked the bouncer. The manager (the bloke who kicked all this off) came over and gave the limpest weakest apology ever. And gave us, unbelievably a free round of 7 Kronenbourgs! All of which stank of egg, by this time the game was finishing so we left. The coppers saw me a couple of hours later and stopped me and asked if I'd done anything to wind the guy up.

We laughed about it and I said I'd save them some time and just drink red stripe from the off in future. They said that bar featured as a greatest hits for cctv incidents and to enjoy my night.

I took a long way about doing it but what annoys me is serving staff/management that can't accept a polite complaint. Beer isn't cheap anymore and shit beer shouldn't be tolerated.

Given the very sensible way the boys in blue dealt with this I hope you've posted this in the 'things that please you' thread too?

;-)
  • cabbles said:

Graduate schemes. And how they've all decided to add a video interview to their recruitment process this year.

They do that at my place, totally blank names, ages and other bits. Its all points based as to who gets an interview but if you read any application you can generally suss out the wheat from the chaff.
    What we do is; pass the applications around the department and come to a consensus of who we want, they get interviewed and get the job. Everybody happy.

Canters, one day it will your turn to play mind games with people but first you have to complete your time on Southeastern.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!