Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Fiiish said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

The modern day trait of starting online petitions & protests whenever something happens that people don't agree with!

What should you do then? Just accept everything you don't agree with?
    Or accept thats what happens with Democracy

There is a vote and from that vote there is a winner and there is a loser... Yes people wont like the result of a vote but of all the things to do, dont start a petition to get that vote over turned
    Farage said before the vote that if leave lost 48-52 that the fight would go on.
    If that's ok for him then fighting to remain after the vote is fine by me.
    And what trump is doing will effect the uk so protesting against that makes sense to me.
    Thats fair enough... Not arguing with you about that.

I just think its stupid that people try to rely on these petitions to try to get their own way... as already mentioned on here, the fact that fake signatures were being put down for the Brexit petition showed how much of a joke they are.
    I think the fact that it seems to be universally the case that no matter how many signatures the petition gets, Parliament takes zero notice of it, shows how much of a joke they are. Sure, they are legally obliged to discuss it in Parliament it if reaches the threshold, but that is meaningless. Only a few people from either side bother to turn up and half an hour later its back to brandy and cigars in the expenses lounge.

But it makes the armchair activists feel as if they are doing something when in reality they are achieving fuck all, so there is that I suppose.
    Sometimes a petition is all someone can do. Even if you know it will be ignored or ridiculed at least you know that your opinion has been expressed.
  • Options

Trump .

Over here.

Fixed that for you... :smiley:
  • Options
    another fucking tube strike.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

When you text someone your email address and autocorrect replaces your surname with the word "shenanigans".

"Shenanigans" is a quality word, one of my favourites along with "malarkey".
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

MrLargo said:

When you text someone your email address and autocorrect replaces your surname with the word "shenanigans".

Add "gerrymandering" to that list
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LuckyReds said:

MrLargo said:

I like that word, but it annoys me that it seems to have been incorrectly used by nearly everyone ever since the invention of the Internet.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

LuckyReds said:

MrLargo said:

I like that word, but it annoys me that it seems to have been incorrectly used by nearly everyone ever since the invention of the Internet.
    Yeah, this malarkey where people abuse the word 'gerrymandering' needs to stop.
  • Options

Watching the first twenty minutes of Split on Kodi only to realise you're watching a romantic film about bowling

Keep watching mate, he might get to take her up the alley.
  • Options
    I never knew mr Largo's real name was mr shenanigans

Roger Hargreaves could have two new books right there
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Arseheads on Ebay.
    Have relisted my other halfs BMW 1 series 3 times, first fella hit buy it now. He wasn't from these shores, turned up to collect with his young son as translator, he thought that 'buy it now' meant he could have a look and haggle, after 20 mins of trying to make him understand, I told him to fuck off, a lot. He understood that.
    Buyer number 2 hit 'buy it now' - terms were £100 deposit within 24 hours, balance is cash on collection. Sent him various messages, didn't answer, finally got back to me and told me that he didn't want the car because it was too far to come and collect it. WTF is wrong with people..........

At least 97% of them are just plain fucking stupid.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Greenie said:

Arseheads on Ebay.
    Have relisted my other halfs BMW 1 series 3 times, first fella hit buy it now. He wasn't from these shores, turned up to collect with his young son as translator, he thought that 'buy it now' meant he could have a look and haggle, after 20 mins of trying to make him understand, I told him to fuck off, a lot. He understood that.
    Buyer number 2 hit 'buy it now' - terms were £100 deposit within 24 hours, balance is cash on collection. Sent him various messages, didn't answer, finally got back to me and told me that he didn't want the car because it was too far to come and collect it. WTF is wrong with people..........

Granted, there's no excuse for the second one and that would be annoying, but do you really expect someone to buy a car without checking it over and test driving it?

It must be annoying having people waste your time when selling a car but I also don't agree with the idea that webuyanycar and similar seem to perpetuate that a buyer checking a car over is unreasonable. Buying a second hand car is a minefield at the best of times and only an idiot would buy one without taking a good look at it first.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

IdleHans said:

Greenie said:

Arseheads on Ebay.

Granted, there's no excuse for the second one and that would be annoying, but do you really expect someone to buy a car without checking it over and test driving it?

It must be annoying having people waste your time when selling a car but I also don't agree with the idea that webuyanycar and similar seem to perpetuate that a buyer checking a car over is unreasonable. Buying a second hand car is a minefield at the best of times and only an idiot would buy one without taking a good look at it first.
    I quite agree. But surely you go and look BEFORE you bid.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

JaShea99 said:

IdleHans said:

Greenie said:

Arseheads on Ebay.

I quite agree. But surely you go and look BEFORE you bid.
    Yeah good point. Think I misread it.
  • Options
    Jose Mourinho’s self pity.

He manages the biggest club in the World, is on fabulous money and will be scrutinised. It comes with the job. His petulant outbursts and lack of grace is beginning to wear a bit thin imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38836249
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd had enough of Mouhrino after about 2 seasons over here. Can't stand him.
  • Options
    Not being able to make the Unity Protest!! :( - any other weekend around that time would have been fine!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Greenie said:

Arseheads on Ebay.

Spot on with this..I've got something on Ebay at the moment which is pick up only and i've got one bid...from a guy in Spain! I'll let them off as they're a newbie. :)
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Adults who don't understand that people have different food tastes to them e.g. someone will taste your food and go "Eurrrghh how can you eat that"

Totally agree with you, with the exception of people who eat things like kidney, liver and tongue - that is cannibalism and these people are not to be trusted.
  • Options
    The stupid matrix road signs on the a2 from the m2 junction to Bexleyheath in the morning.
    Flashing away, warning you that the speed limit has been reduced from 70 to 40.
    Get to fuck 40mph.
    Lucky to average 15mph most days.
    Its like they're taunting you. Bastards.