Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

When someone pulls out on me at the last minute and then goes at a slower speed than the limit.

i.e. Was driving along at 50mph the other day (as per the Speed Limit) and this car pulled out in front of me, made a huge speeding effort to do it meaning I had to brake hard yet he then decided to go along at 40mph!!

The other irritating scenario is where one car pulls out with just about enough time to get to the right speed, but then a second one tries to make it too but in panic messes up the gear changes or is driving a car with no acceleration.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Just caught a bit of the build up to the coppa Italia game on sky whilst in the gym. Fucking cliched footballers with massive headphones on. Can they be anymore conforming to the stereotype - I can't stand it

Be great one day just to see one of them browsing the new scientist or the economist.

You can guarantee that the majority are listening to some hip hop and r'n'b as well the melons

Graeme Le Saux used to read a broadsheet at Chelsea, some of the other players thought it was something to laugh at.
    You are allowed to say The Guardian you know.
  • Options
    iainment said:

cabbles said:

Just caught a bit of the build up to the coppa Italia game on sky whilst in the gym. Fucking cliched footballers with massive headphones on. Can they be anymore conforming to the stereotype - I can't stand it

Be great one day just to see one of them browsing the new scientist or the economist.

You can guarantee that the majority are listening to some hip hop and r'n'b as well the melons

Graeme Le Saux used to read a broadsheet at Chelsea, some of the other players thought it was something to laugh at.
    You are allowed to say The Guardian you know.
    Careful, the oh-so non-PC, righty, tree hating do badders will be bleating and frothing... :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    It certainly addresses the real issues of the day.

• Options

When someone pulls out on me at the last minute and then goes at a slower speed than the limit.

i.e. Was driving along at 50mph the other day (as per the Speed Limit) and this car pulled out in front of me, made a huge speeding effort to do it meaning I had to brake hard yet he then decided to go along at 40mph!!

I've been driving on the M3 all this week, 17ish miles of 50mph limit with average speed cameras. it's a bit annoying but all you have to do is bang the cruise control on for about 20 minutes and that's what most people do so it flows really well, that is until you get the odd moron who decides that to get to an average of 50 they're going to repeatedly speed up to overtake me then pull in front of me and hit the brakes so I have to actually use my pedals. just piss off or work out how to use cruise control
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Today I refused to go to the office. I worked from home because "I'm not wasting another day with distractions.". At 1030 I found out I'd been given the wrong day for a meeting and I needed to be in Hammersmith within an hour.

Wanna know how many distractions I had? 17:50 was the first time that I was able to do my own work. 20 minutes after I should've - as a contractor - gone home.

Rather than congratulating one of the "permanent contractors" (cough. tax evader.) on his new promotion, I snapped at him on the phone and made it clear he's completely clueless. (I should add that this is after him being utterly awful for 3 months.)

I've taken a young Finnish developer under my wing, and tried to protect him from politics and shoddy attitudes elsewhere - partly as I like the guy, partly because he will be there longer than me, but mainly because I get protective over colleagues. Alas, this has been a time sink because he's not getting support elsewhere.

My contract is up tomorrow but I've been asked to renew for 5 weeks.. Then I was pulled in to a meeting for a project lasting a further 6 months. Now I'm involved in the process I feel a bit.. compelled?

Oh, and I got a sarky comment off the head of department before I left; casting an aspersion on how well I'd done something. I'm not entirely sure where the restraint came from to not tell him to sort his fucking life and team out, and that he should try and recruit someone with a brain larger than a fucking gnat.

Honestly? I feel like I'm expending 90% of my effort on other people's jobs, 20% on anger management and that -10% deficit pretty much matches how much of my own work I've got done. Hah, fuck this place.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Today I refused to go to the office. I worked from home because "I'm not wasting another day with distractions.". At 1030 I found out I'd been given the wrong day for a meeting and I needed to be in Hammersmith within an hour.

Wanna know how many distractions I had? 17:50 was the first time that I was able to do my own work. 20 minutes after I should've - as a contractor - gone home.

Rather than congratulating one of the "permanent contractors" (cough. tax evader.) on his new promotion, I snapped at him on the phone and made it clear he's completely clueless. (I should add that this is after him being utterly awful for 3 months.)

I've taken a young Finnish developer under my wing, and tried to protect him from politics and shoddy attitudes elsewhere - partly as I like the guy, partly because he will be there longer than me, but mainly because I get protective over colleagues. Alas, this has been a time sink because he's not getting support elsewhere.

My contract is up tomorrow but I've been asked to renew for 5 weeks.. Then I was pulled in to a meeting for a project lasting a further 6 months. Now I'm involved in the process I feel a bit.. compelled?

Oh, and I got a sarky comment off the head of department before I left; casting an aspersion on how well I'd done something.
    I'm not entirely sure where the restraint came from to not tell him to sort his fucking life and team out, and that he should try and recruit someone with a brain larger than a fucking gnat.

Honestly? I feel like I'm expending 90% of my effort on other people's jobs, 20% on anger management and that -10% deficit pretty much matches how much of my own work I've got done. Hah, fuck this place.

take a shit on his desk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fiiish said:

Why do service station toilets have about 20 sinks but only 2 hand-dryers? Where do they find the people thick enough to design these buildings?

like an asthmatic 95 year old who has just eaten an ice cream is breathing on your hands...

Not entirely sure what that would be like. Is this a Portuguese tradition?
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

Oh, and I got a sarky comment off the head of department before I left; casting an aspersion on how well I'd done something.
    I'm not entirely sure where the restraint came from to not tell him to sort his fucking life and team out, and that he should try and recruit someone with a brain larger than a fucking gnat.

take a shit on his desk
    I'd love to. Unfortunately, I'm disinclined to pay for a flight to Dublin just to shit on someones desk.. thats a level of revenge that I can only aspire to. :wink:

I have a conference call in an hour about the situation. Currently sipping a Guinness and trying to make some notes, all I've got is "fuck this shit.".
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

take a shit on his desk
    I'd love to. Unfortunately, I'm disinclined to pay for a flight to Dublin just to shit on someones desk.. thats a level of revenge that I can only aspire to. :wink:

I have a conference call in an hour about the situation. Currently sipping a Guinness and trying to make some notes, all I've got is "fuck this shit.".
    Simple, send him a shoe box containing a great big sticky Guinness shit!
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

take a shit on his desk

Simple, send him a shoe box containing a great big sticky Guinness shit!
    To be fair, if I'm going to send any type of shit to someone in Dublin...
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Why do service station toilets have about 20 sinks but only 2 hand-dryers? Where do they find the people thick enough to design these buildings?

While we are at it, hand dryers that feel like an asthmatic 95 year old who has just eaten an ice cream is breathing on your hands...
    That's describes the hand dryers in the upper west toilets.
  • Options

Trains again, but slightly different. My train was delayed by 4 minutes this morning (which is absolutely fine, tbh) and then the apology comes over the tannoy...

"We are sorry that the xxxx service is delayed by approximately four minutes, this is due to a derailed train".

No no no, I'm sorry but I'm not having that the 4 minute delay has absolutely anything to do with a derailed train on a different line from 3 days ago. What was it precisely about that derailment that directly made it impossible to run the service 4 minutes earlier?

Had they not apologised at all, or said "this is due to us being generally a bit shit" it'd have been fine.

You mean you don't arrive at the office late and say "Sorry chaps, it's utter gridlock in Beijing."?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Fiiish said:

While we are at it, hand dryers that feel like an asthmatic 95 year old who has just eaten an ice cream is breathing on your hands...
    That's describes the hand dryers in the upper west toilets.
    There you go #SheffieldRed - you can find out for yourself... :smiley:
  • Options
    When ring binders go wrong.

This Kind:

Not this kind:

Though I imagine that has the potential to be even more annoying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When your bank reduces your overdraft by £1300 leaving you deep in the brown stuff. They're reducing my limit because they feel it's not suitable for me. Well reducing it by £1300 is going to make it much more suitable isn't it!?!?!
  • Options
    At Edinburgh Airport in the toilets there is a tap and hand dryer all in one unit. The unit is in the shape of a Y with the water coming out at the base of the Y and hot air from the two prongs at the top of the Y. The units comes out of the wall from the top of the Y. With me so far? It's all triggered by sensors. After washing your hands you move to dry your hands. So far, so good. But, as you go to move away after drying your hands, the water gets you again and you repeat the process. After about 5 attempts, you learn to swing your hands out to the side. Or, depart with wet hands.
  • Options
    If I hear 'special relationship' one more time.
  • Options
    Being in a pub in town and it's full o cunty students.
  • Options
    And putting on the prodigy and mixing it with some ragga shit
  • Options
    And kicking out at 11 pm. Shit pub.
  • Options
    Fitbit/gym adverts. Always some wanky song playing whilst they tell you that flipping a tire round a gym is the new cool way to exercise
  • Options
    And no i don't want a fucking plastic "cup"
  • Options
    Bee in your bonnet Boom :wink:
    Have another drink
  • Options
    Jedward