Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    johnny73 said:

The plastic handle on toilet roll packaging. Designed I would guess to make it easier to carry to the car or even a gentle walk home. Doesn't even make it out of the store.

Bought some toilet rolls this morning and the handle lasted all the way home, first time for everything.
  • Options
    Things like this on Twitter to do with Deadline Day... I mean seriously?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    They also sent the same pictures to the BBC to get themselves on there.
  • Options
    People who try to make you feel guilty for something you did in their dreams. It was your dream, not mine - you are responsible for it.
  • Options

The modern day trait of starting online petitions & protests whenever something happens that people don't agree with!

Agreed... the best thing about them is the joke petition after Brexit when it was proven that despite a ton of signatures most of them were from foreign countries not involved in the vote or from multiple IP Addresses
  • Options
    Stig said:

People who make sarky 'good afternoon' comments when I come into work mid-morning. Do I make similar retorts when they go home at 4.30 knowing that I'll be in the office for a couple more hours. No, I just keep my head down and get on with my job - of checking the transfer rumours thread.

You still there?
  • Options

Stig said:

People who make sarky 'good afternoon' comments when I come into work mid-morning. Do I make similar retorts when they go home at 4.30 knowing that I'll be in the office for a couple more hours. No, I just keep my head down and get on with my job - of checking the transfer rumours thread.

You still there?
    Oh yeah, I'm here fore a long stretch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tax deadline day.
    Bastards.
  • Options
    "D'ya know what? blah blah blah"

"From the get go..."
  • Options
    cabbles said:

RedPanda said:

cabbles said:

Just seen that BBC piece on illegal chimp trafficking - fuming. I'd quite happily beat the living shit out of anyone involved in any sort of animal trafficking/cruelty.

This poor little chimp - the report said that to get one to go and be some fucking arab's pet, up to 8-10 adults in its family/tribe had to be killed

Was this on BBC News or a documentary? Primate conservation is a subject close to my heart. Slow loris mortality rates are similar when smuggled and partly due to the pet trade and those awful movies, there are now about 2000 wild ring-tailed lemurs left. This planet is now a horrible place for most animals.
    News at 10. Part 2 tonight
    On again now. I don't know why I'm watching it really. It's sending me to bed with rage
  • Options
    Chimp's kept until they're adults then killed
  • Options
    The bastard that smashed my car window last night who then added insult to injury by deciding that nothing in it was worth nicking.
  • Options
    Insurance excess = legalised robbery.
  • Options
    Why did you claim? Madness
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Why did you claim? Madness

I'm sure that post will cheer Stig up Nick :wink:
  • Options
    Arseheads on Ebay.
    Have relisted my other halfs BMW 1 series 3 times, first fella hit buy it now. He wasn't from these shores, turned up to collect with his young son as translator, he thought that 'buy it now' meant he could have a look and haggle, after 20 mins of trying to make him understand, I told him to fuck off, a lot. He understood that.
    Buyer number 2 hit 'buy it now' - terms were £100 deposit within 24 hours, balance is cash on collection. Sent him various messages, didn't answer, finally got back to me and told me that he didn't want the car because it was too far to come and collect it. WTF is wrong with people..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The modern day trait of starting online petitions & protests whenever something happens that people don't agree with! </blockquote

What should you do then? Just accept everything you don't agree with?

• Options
    iainment said:

The modern day trait of starting online petitions & protests whenever something happens that people don't agree with!

No, just stab someone.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Or accept thats what happens with Democracy

There is a vote and from that vote there is a winner and there is a loser... Yes people wont like the result of a vote but of all the things to do, dont start a petition to get that vote over turned
  • Options
    1) Getting "upgraded" to new hardware at work that is broken and means you can't login.

2) Spending all morning chasing the IT "help" desk in Kiev

3) (should be on the please you thread) Playing on my phone for 4 hours and counting whilst getting paid.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

There is a vote and from that vote there is a winner and there is a loser... Yes people wont like the result of a vote but of all the things to do, dont start a petition to get that vote over turned
    Farage said before the vote that if leave lost 48-52 that the fight would go on.
    If that's ok for him then fighting to remain after the vote is fine by me.
    And what trump is doing will effect the uk so protesting against that makes sense to me.
    Thats fair enough... Not arguing with you about that.

I just think its stupid that people try to rely on these petitions to try to get their own way... as already mentioned on here, the fact that fake signatures were being put down for the Brexit petition showed how much of a joke they are.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

iainment said:

iainment said:

Farage said before the vote that if leave lost 48-52 that the fight would go on.
    If that's ok for him then fighting to remain after the vote is fine by me.
    And what trump is doing will effect the uk so protesting against that makes sense to me.
    Thats fair enough... Not arguing with you about that.

I just think its stupid that people try to rely on these petitions to try to get their own way... as already mentioned on here, the fact that fake signatures were being put down for the Brexit petition showed how much of a joke they are.
    I think the fact that it seems to be universally the case that no matter how many signatures the petition gets, Parliament takes zero notice of it, shows how much of a joke they are. Sure, they are legally obliged to discuss it in Parliament it if reaches the threshold, but that is meaningless. Only a few people from either side bother to turn up and half an hour later its back to brandy and cigars in the expenses lounge.

But it makes the armchair activists feel as if they are doing something when in reality they are achieving fuck all, so there is that I suppose.
  • Options
    Appearance of another Brexit thread to keep the usual suspects angry.

GIVE IT UP
  • Options
    Threads being closed just when you are about to press the "Post Comment" button.

And it was a belter...