Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

The thing is. Before this we were really good mates. The closest of everyone in the house. He even came to a protest game with me a while back despite not being a Charlton fan.

He never had a problem before but since the last time he's been a twat. I thought he might have felt left out so I've gone out of my way to do stuff with him since. Brought him beers etc and he's carried on being and twat.

It's got the the point that she doesn't want to come down this weekend when we were planning on going out for our valentines day meal (don't really celebrate it much other than a meal. She's out the country on the actual day) because he has made her feel like she's intruding.

Take her to Oldham instead - everyone wins
    Is that an old fashion euphemism?
  • Options
    Okay Canters I'll be honest with you... Your Girlfriend is a right sort but its not just you I'm jealous of but her... All those likes and lols you've given me for my posts on here, I thought we had something special {...} Sob!!
  • Options

Okay Canters I'll be honest with you... Your Girlfriend is a right sort but its not just you I'm jealous of but her... All those likes and lols you've given me for my posts on here, I thought we had something special {...} Sob!!

Haha didn't even realise I'd given you lots of likes and lols. I usually ignore the username and just read the post. So must mean I agree with you a lot and have a similar sense of humour (or lack of).
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    4 years ago I took my Grandson to The Valley, he saw the photo today and asked if we were going again. I asked him if he would like to, he said "No" .........another generation drifting away.image
  • Options
    edited February 2017

cabbles said:

Graduate schemes. And how they've all decided to add a video interview to their recruitment process this year.

And when I say video interview it's not a chat with a person via Skype. It's some software where a question pops up, you have 15 seconds to plan and 3 mins to talk to your reflection. A horrendous experience.

Made worse by the fact that these companies have no end of technical issues with these to the point where they've asked me to retake the bloody thing. And now they've decided to ignore them and do it the old fashioned way face to face. Thanks for cooking me around in an incredibly busy time and wasting hours of my time. Wankers.

I don't envy you pal. It was bad enough when I was doing all my training contract applications for law firms 10 years ago. God knows what shit they've been conned into putting into them now to get a deeper psychometric profile of the candidate.

It changes all the time. Now some of the big firms are asking candidates to blank out name, age, university and other fields for fear of unconscious bias. I.e. we tend to make assumptions about people dependant upon factors such as the above. I'm sure it's true, it's just that it's getting harder and harder for graduates to get on a good scheme now given sheer numbers of grads vs jobs.

Yeah. It's absolutely horrendous. It's mostly about who can bullshit the best. I've had those ones to avoid unconscious bias. I can see some sense behind it but all it does is add hassle...

Its made worse by the fact that I had something lined up, but that's fallen through for whatever reason and now I'm a bit late to the party with all the best ones that most interest me have been taken already.
    What are you looking for @cantersaddick
  • Options
    Ross Kemps Britain; the Child Sexual Exploitation episode.

Watching it now, and listening to "Amber from South East London", and I'm pretty sure she's sitting along the Thames near Riverside/Anchor & Hope Lane. Pretty graphic description of what it's like to grow up as a teenage girl in the area, in certain groups at least.

Not sure whether it's heartbreaking or enraging.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    bobmunro said:

cabbles said:

Graduate schemes. And how they've all decided to add a video interview to their recruitment process this year.

And when I say video interview it's not a chat with a person via Skype. It's some software where a question pops up, you have 15 seconds to plan and 3 mins to talk to your reflection. A horrendous experience.

Made worse by the fact that these companies have no end of technical issues with these to the point where they've asked me to retake the bloody thing. And now they've decided to ignore them and do it the old fashioned way face to face. Thanks for cooking me around in an incredibly busy time and wasting hours of my time. Wankers.

I don't envy you pal. It was bad enough when I was doing all my training contract applications for law firms 10 years ago. God knows what shit they've been conned into putting into them now to get a deeper psychometric profile of the candidate.

It changes all the time. Now some of the big firms are asking candidates to blank out name, age, university and other fields for fear of unconscious bias. I.e. we tend to make assumptions about people dependant upon factors such as the above. I'm sure it's true, it's just that it's getting harder and harder for graduates to get on a good scheme now given sheer numbers of grads vs jobs.

Yeah. It's absolutely horrendous. It's mostly about who can bullshit the best. I've had those ones to avoid unconscious bias. I can see some sense behind it but all it does is add hassle...

Its made worse by the fact that I had something lined up, but that's fallen through for whatever reason and now I'm a bit late to the party with all the best ones that most interest me have been taken already.
    Well I have a degree in economics. A years experience working as an economist/analyst.

Ideally I'd like another economist role (I like the title).

Anything analyst or maybe consulting sort of role. In London preferably. I'm more interested in the company, what the environment is like, is it something I can buy into and really back. These are the things that will make me work hard to make it a success.

I also want somewhere that uses new graduates properly. I've had some friends who have gone into schemes where they've done tiny roles with no responsibility for a couple of years before being trusted with any actual important work.

Ive got a years experience and I know this doesn't mean I know it all but I was leading on high profile projects and presenting to some high up important people. I don't particularly want to feel like an intern for a few years before getting back to that...

• Options

bobmunro said:

cabbles said:

Well I have a degree in economics. A years experience working as an economist/analyst.

Ideally I'd like another economist role (I like the title).

Anything analyst or maybe consulting sort of role. In London preferably. I'm more interested in the company, what the environment is like, is it something I can buy into and really back. These are the things that will make me work hard to make it a success.

I also want somewhere that uses new graduates properly. I've had some friends who have gone into schemes where they've done tiny roles with no responsibility for a couple of years before being trusted with any actual important work.

Ive got a years experience and I know this doesn't mean I know it all but I was leading on high profile projects and presenting to some high up important people. I don't particularly want to feel like an intern for a few years before getting back to that...

It's a trap canters - bob just wants to lure you into his tired old brand of 'transactional HR' despite how strategic he thinks he is :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017

Still not knowing why NLA and Goonerhater got banned.

Clique.

I don't think they were banned. They "voluntarily" chose to not post, as an indication of good faith, as the police were getting involved.
    Got to say, hats off the the pair of them for sticking with it. Keeping away from here would be a real test for me.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Fumbluff said:

LuckyReds said:

How attractive the Danish are. Men included.

I wouldn't get a fucking look in if I lived here. I'd be forced to a life of celibacy, and probably come home with a monk.

Okay
    I'm glad that was an okay post.

I've been sitting on tenterhooks for about 4 days now, unable to get beyond the thought of "I really hope that the self deprecating joke I made about not being good looking enough to pull in Denmark was okay.".

I was worried when it got about 3 pages behind that it may have slipped under the radar, alas - fortunately it was unable to elude your keen eye.
    I was just okaying the bit about you taking a monk home. Each to their own and all that...
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Fumbluff said:

LuckyReds said:

Fumbluff said:

LuckyReds said:

How attractive the Danish are. Men included.

I wouldn't get a fucking look in if I lived here. I'd be forced to a life of celibacy, and probably come home with a monk.

Okay
    I'm glad that was an okay post.

I've been sitting on tenterhooks for about 4 days now, unable to get beyond the thought of "I really hope that the self deprecating joke I made about not being good looking enough to pull in Denmark was okay.".

I was worried when it got about 3 pages behind that it may have slipped under the radar, alas - fortunately it was unable to elude your keen eye.
    I was just okaying the bit about you taking a monk home. Each to their own and all that...
    That's a bit awkward actually, I meant I'd come home AS a monk. I can confirm that Friar Tuck isn't my cup of tea.

Fair play to you, having missed that typo I can agree it was a pretty peculiar post. (As we all know, if you want to come home with a monk you go to a Belgian brewery, not Copenhagen.)

I look like a right prick with that reply now. ;)
  • Options
    People buying old village shops and pubs and converting em into pvc windowed, laminate covered floored houses.
  • Options

People buying old village shops and pubs and converting em into pvc windowed, laminate covered floored houses.

The previous owner of my house dug up the original Victorian era mosaic floor tiling throughout the hall to lay a wood floor. Granted it's a solid wood floor, but what a plum, another orginal feature of the house expunged. Some people shouldn't be allowed to own old houses!
    I know the type of tiles you mean Micky, scandalous mate
  • Options
    Using a pen to dial out on a landline.

Just use your bloody finger.

More accurate and a lot more quiet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

Arseheads on Ebay.
    Have relisted my other halfs BMW 1 series 3 times, first fella hit buy it now. He wasn't from these shores, turned up to collect with his young son as translator, he thought that 'buy it now' meant he could have a look and haggle, after 20 mins of trying to make him understand, I told him to fuck off, a lot. He understood that.
    Buyer number 2 hit 'buy it now' - terms were £100 deposit within 24 hours, balance is cash on collection. Sent him various messages, didn't answer, finally got back to me and told me that he didn't want the car because it was too far to come and collect it. WTF is wrong with people..........

Its like bastard Groundhog Day, the BMW was relisted as auction on EBAY, I put in the listing that no one under 5 feedback should bid, or contact me prior to bidding. All was going well, the winning bidder was bonafide until he was sniped with a bid with one minute to go by a buyer who has just joined eBay last week. I called the winning bidder who wasn't an English speaker, but he managed to say 'I no want car', thats all he said about 4 times........ WHATAFUCKINGCUNT!
    Yes Im fucking annoyed, thank Christ for this thread.............!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Arseheads on Ebay.
    Have relisted my other halfs BMW 1 series 3 times, first fella hit buy it now. He wasn't from these shores, turned up to collect with his young son as translator, he thought that 'buy it now' meant he could have a look and haggle, after 20 mins of trying to make him understand, I told him to fuck off, a lot. He understood that.
    Buyer number 2 hit 'buy it now' - terms were £100 deposit within 24 hours, balance is cash on collection. Sent him various messages, didn't answer, finally got back to me and told me that he didn't want the car because it was too far to come and collect it. WTF is wrong with people..........

Its like bastard Groundhog Day, the BMW was relisted as auction on EBAY, I put in the listing that no one under 5 feedback should bid, or contact me prior to bidding. All was going well, the winning bidder was bonafide until he was sniped with a bid with one minute to go by a buyer who has just joined eBay last week. I called the winning bidder who wasn't an English speaker, but he managed to say 'I no want car', thats all he said about 4 times........ WHATAFUCKINGCUNT!
    Can you not contact the bidder who came second?
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

How does pretending to like American Football make you cool?

That's exactly my point. It's the whole thing where people find niche interests and get to them before they become popular to try and look cool. People see American football as one of these so they all come crawling out come superb owl time of year.

I've got my niche interest - Charlton. That's enough for me. Although it's certainly not cool and I doubt it'll ever be popular.
    I'd love to see a superb owl.

iainment said:

MrOneLung said:

How does pretending to like American Football make you cool?

That's exactly my point. It's the whole thing where people find niche interests and get to them before they become popular to try and look cool. People see American football as one of these so they all come crawling out come superb owl time of year.

I've got my niche interest - Charlton. That's enough for me. Although it's certainly not cool and I doubt it'll ever be popular.
    I'd love to see a superb owl.
    Yes that's superb enough for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    MrOneLung said:

Using a pen to dial out on a landline.

Just use your bloody finger.

More accurate and a lot more quiet.

I bet they saw some high-flying lawyer on some telly show do it once and they're like 'Yes, I am that person'. Except you're not Doug Sexworth, attorney-at-law at prestigious New York Law Firm Kunt & Partners, you're Geoff in accounts for a kitchen outfitters in Catford.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Arseheads on Ebay.

Yes I can, and I have, but thats not really the point is it! Why the fuck do this fucking parasites bid?
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Arseheads on Ebay.

Yes I can, and I have, but thats not really the point is it! Why the fuck do this fucking parasites bid?
    I'll give you at tenner for it. Can you put it in the post for me?
    Comedy fucking gold!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Arseheads on Ebay.

I'll give you at tenner for it. Can you put it in the post for me?
    Comedy fucking gold!
    Sorry I forgot to check in the book of things that Greenie allows and doesn't allow first.
  • Options
    I have this incredibly sulky teenage boy who lives in our home, he obviously does us a favour by treating everything like shit, doing next to nothing and leaving as many electrical things on as is humanly possible, tomorrow he is doing us another favour by buggering off to Austria for a weeks skiing, all paid for by this mug, still could be worse, at least Charlton have a wonderful benefactor.