Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When you tell somebody something and they say, "why didn't you tell me?". Then you have to have a ridiculous conversation where you explain that you did tell them, and that's how they know.
  • Stig said:

Secret Santa - what a load of old nonsense.

Women in offices (yes women, sorry girls and Leuth) who witter on about secret Santa for weeks; hound people into participating; dig away at finding who's got who and then bitch about who got what.
    Or is it only offices I've worked in?
    Nope it happens everywhere!!... Secret Santa stays Secret for about five minutes after presents have been given out because none of them can keep their traps shut!!
  • Stig said:

I've banned it in my office this year. They all nag to do it, who is going to organise it, when will we give out the gifts etc etc.
    Then at least one fool always seems to forget, leaving someone with a big fat zero from Santa.

How about everyone chips in their fiver (new ones only - sod the veggies) and they just get me a gift.....
  • Stig said:

Obliged to do this, its never been a problem but the person who has organised it at my place has used an online reminder system, apparently we can make a SS 'wish list', I haven't made my 'wish list' and a notification tells me at least once a day, we have a limit of £8 (no, really) how about a real Ferrari then?
  • edited December 2016
    Sitting on the train and overheard this conversation.....

Bloke 1 "Saville was like a legend in the paedophille world"

Bloke 2 "yeah, but he was still a wrong un"

Words fail me. I can not believe the mentality of some people.
  • Stig said:

Agreed. Utter cobblers. Ok if you are in Primary school I guess.

I haven't taken part in years - but when I did I just used to put a tenner in an envelope.
  • iainment said:

The new fiver.

They annoy me too.....nowt to do with the cow lard that's in them but more to do with how slippery they are.

Come to think of it - I reckon they are made from eel skin dipped in shower gel.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016

Sitting on the train and overheard this conversation.....

I know, everyone knows that "legend" out scores "wrong'un" in nonce top trumps!
  • "Can I have your email address to sent you the receipt?"

In Argos.

They print the receipt out and you take in to the counter to collect the goods.
  • Mincing. And I don't mean in the sense the word can be used to offensively describe gay men. I mean umming and arring not making decisions.

The world would be so much easier if less mincing went on
  • edited December 2016
    The Post Office.

My daughter asked me post a parcel for her so I did as I was told and ended up queuing for 20 minutes or more in the Post Office.

Me: Please may I post this parcel for my daughter?

Her: Maybe. What's in it?

Me: I've no idea. like I said I'm simply posting the parcel for my daughter.

Her: (accompanied by Meirelike smirk) Well you can't post it then heath and safety dangerous goods reasons.

Me: It might be an idea to display a notice informing that you will be asked the contents of parcels. I can't believe I'm the only person to post things for other people.

Her: You should have known.

At that point the options were to give her a piece of my mind or withdraw from the situation. For the good of my mental health I chose the latter option.

• Sitting on the train and overheard this conversation.....

Didn't think you came in on the Bexleyheath line mate.
    I made an exception today.
  • LenGlover said:

The Post Office.

My daughter asked me post a parcel for her so I did as I was told and ended up queuing for 20 minutes or more in the Post Office.

Her: (accompanied by Meirelike smirk) Well you can't post it then heath and safety dangerous goods reasons.

Me: It might be an idea to display a notice informing that you will be asked the contents of parcels. I can't believe I'm the only person to post things for other people.

At that point the options were to give her a piece of my mind or withdraw from the situation. For the good of my mental health I chose the latter option.

So presumably Len had you said "a bomb", when asked what was in the parcel that would have been OK as you knew what the contents were. For the sake of my mental health I would have gone completely ballistic at the arrogant bitch.
  • Carter said:

Mincing. And I don't mean in the sense the word can be used to offensively describe gay men. I mean umming and arring not making decisions.

I've never heard the term used in that context (umming and arring).

Surely what you describe is either dithering, fannying around or piss balling about?

• Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

The Post Office.

I'm fuming just reading that. Len you have my undying admiration for your self control.
  • Carter said:

Mincing. And I don't mean in the sense the word can be used to offensively describe gay men. I mean umming and arring not making decisions.

Surely what you describe is either dithering, fannying around or piss balling about?

Have you heard "don't mince your words "? It comes from that basically
  • Carter said:

Have you heard "don't mince your words "? It comes from that basically
    Erm....well I think I......what I mean is......what I'm trying to say is.......you're right. I have heard of it.
  • bbob said:

"Can I have your email address to sent you the receipt?"

In Argos.

They print the receipt out and you take in to the counter to collect the goods.

The Perfume Shop do receipts via email too. I cant stand it. What if I dont want to give my email address out?!

I'm pretty embarassed about my email address as it looks vein as feck - "firstname@firstname.london" so this is a real pet peeve of mine.
  • Right. So as I was typing the last post I ended up in Notting Hill Gate as I got on the wrong train. Rather than go back the other way, I decided to go an alternative route.

I managed to sit on a Central Line train, when a woman taps me on the shoulder and asks me to get up. I was pretty horrified actually, as I always try and offer my seat to pensioners and the like.

Now I should clarify that I have an issue with my left knee. If its stationary for anything more than a few seconds then it "locks" in place, and is incredibly painful when I move it. Sometimes it's just a sharp pain and a click, sometimes it feels absolutely awful and I lose my breathe momentarily, or - worst case scenario - immediately fall over. Needless to say, sometimes standing up requires twisting my knee to a 90 degree angle and slowly straightening it out.

As I've stood up I've ended up hurting myself, I've actually apologised to the woman for "being in my own world" and - realising the old gent who she wanted to sit down didn't want my seat, I even did the old "hah, my stop is next - take it" and gave the woman a knowing smile. Nobody sat in my seat - it was empty for 3 stops.

Then it occured to me: what the fuck? I sat down to try and stop my knee from locking and to take the pressure of it, I have friends who are my age (mid twenties) that have issues that would mean they need a seat too. You've seen my age, figured that I'm just fucking rude and then decided to prove a point. I went from being pretty mortified at myself and embarassed, to just angry to be honest.

There are rude people in the world, and a higher concentration on the London Underground than most places, but don't feckin judge people because of their age.

For what it's worth, I'm currently standing on a train home and my knee feels like it's on fire.
  • It's not even my knee thats pissed me off there. It's the fact that I'm genuinely the type to get up and give people my seat, but some busy body has made a snap judgement and I've ended up embarassed and in pain for no reason.
  • LuckyReds said:

Right. So as I was typing the last post I ended up in Notting Hill Gate as I got on the wrong train. Rather than go back the other way, I decided to go an alternative route.

I managed to sit on a Central Line train, when a woman taps me on the shoulder and asks me to get up. I was pretty horrified actually, as I always try and offer my seat to pensioners and the like.

Now I should clarify that I have an issue with my left knee. If its stationary for anything more than a few seconds then it "locks" in place, and is incredibly painful when I move it. Sometimes it's just a sharp pain and a click, sometimes it feels absolutely awful and I lose my breathe momentarily, or - worst case scenario - immediately fall over. Needless to say, sometimes standing up requires twisting my knee to a 90 degree angle and slowly straightening it out.

As I've stood up I've ended up hurting myself, I've actually apologised to the woman for "being in my own world" and - realising the old gent who she wanted to sit down didn't want my seat, I even did the old "hah, my stop is next - take it" and gave the woman a knowing smile. Nobody sat in my seat - it was empty for 3 stops.

Then it occured to me: what the fuck? I sat down to try and stop my knee from locking and to take the pressure of it, I have friends who are my age (mid twenties) that have issues that would mean they need a seat too. You've seen my age, figured that I'm just fucking rude and then decided to prove a point. I went from being pretty mortified at myself and embarassed, to just angry to be honest.

There are rude people in the world, and a higher concentration on the London Underground than most places, but don't feckin judge people because of their age.

For what it's worth, I'm currently standing on a train home and my knee feels like it's on fire.

So if no one sat down in your place why was she asking you to get up?
  • LuckyReds said:

Right. So as I was typing the last post I ended up in Notting Hill Gate as I got on the wrong train. Rather than go back the other way, I decided to go an alternative route.

Because there was an older gent, but he looked a bit annoyed that she'd done it to be honest, and I figure he was a bit embarassed that she'd done it, so he didnt even go for it!

Thinking of it, he did sit down somewhere else though. So there really was no reason for her to do it.
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Because there was an older gent, but he looked a bit annoyed that she'd done it to be honest, and I figure he was a bit embarassed that she'd done it, so he didnt even go for it!

Thinking of it, he did sit down somewhere else though. So there really was no reason for her to do it.
    Should have shown her your ticket proving that you've paid like everyone else so are allowed to sit down.

Would have ignored her myself as you should wait to be offered, not bloody demand like that!!
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Should have shown her your ticket proving that you've paid like everyone else so are allowed to sit down.

Would have ignored her myself as you should wait to be offered, not bloody demand like that!!
    Or kicked her in the c**t with your good leg.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!