Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Mrs Otto going supermarket shopping and ignoring my request for Peroni and instead buying carlsberg.....

She then says "well it's in a green bottle"

And you have the CHEEK to mock US by saying we dont have our wives trained!!
  • Mrs Otto going supermarket shopping and ignoring my request for Peroni and instead buying carlsberg.....

She then says "well it's in a green bottle"

And you have the CHEEK to mock US by saying we dont have our wives trained!!
    She's skating in very thin ice. She has since redeemed herself by passing the TV remote that was just out of my reach.
    it'd take a lot more that passing the remote for my mrs to redeem herself if she bought me carlsberg!

i might give her a good shoeing tonight just thinking about it!
  • The new mentos advert.
  • Buckingham Palace undergoing a £369 million refurbishment at taxpayer's cost.

Just move to a nice bungalow on the coast like everyone else.
  • Or pay for it themselves ...
  • Emmerdale, unwatchable imo, her indoors loves it.
  • edited November 2016
    Twitter and social media is obviously a great tool for getting information out regarding missing people. No problem with that clearly....

But who the fuck came up with the 3.2 seconds bullshit.

Every tweet that someone is missing starts with "it takes 3.2 seconds to retweet"
    A) that's bollocks, it takes less than a second (it's one touch of the screen ffs) and B ) does it matter if it takes 2 seconds or 10 seconds. People will either retweet or not.
    I hope you find the missing person but stick your 3.2 seconds up your arse.
  • Stig said:

When you're planning to do a job (either at home or at work) that will earn you some brownie points for being proactive and thoughtful, just before you start the boss (either your employer or the real boss) asks you do to do that very same thing. Suddenly your good intent is thrown out of the window and any action you take is relegated from being far sighted and independent to merely following orders.

I think you are overlooking one thing, @Stig . I think it was the Men are from Mars book that said that brownie points do exist but they have no value whatsoever once earnt.
  • Spurs fans. Worst fans in the country in my opinion. Gobby as fuck when they win
  • Sponsored links:

• "35 Sleeps till Christmas" WTF.

Don't send me emails with this rubbish.

I'm not a child sitting on Santa's Lap.
    Even if my daughter is going off to work in Lapland for six weeks as
    one of the Elves to entertain the kids.

I'm a middle aged man with my future behind me.
    I don't believe in David Blaine from 2000 years ago.
    yes, i do still hope to pull a cracker !

• Parody news, with the notable exception of The Onion, which is genuinely very witty.

The two main ones are Dailymash and Jonathan Pie. The former simply is not very funny, at all. The second isn't even parody or comedy, it is simply some toiletmouth intersplicing any headline story with four-letter words every other word.
  • Fiiish said:

Parody news, with the notable exception of The Onion, which is genuinely very witty.

The two main ones are Dailymash and Jonathan Pie. The former simply is not very funny, at all. The second isn't even parody or comedy, it is simply some toiletmouth intersplicing any headline story with four-letter words every other word.

I mostly like both, whilst understanding your opinion too, Fiiish. Yeah, I also know I'm a bit of an odd'n meself...
  • Anyone who uses the phrase, 'it's what I call...' Stop being such a self-indulgent prick. Nobody cares what you call 'it', it's what everyone else calls 'it' that matters.
  • edited November 2016

Adverts banging on about 'Black Friday deals' that last for 2 weeks.
    The point of the fuckwit idea is that its 1 day.
    Next year they'll be calling it Black Friday month.

Some things need to be got out there.

• That tweet brings me nicely on to something that annoys me: having a drawer full of receipts and needing to go through them and work out what's actually expensable.

Dread to think how much last week cost in beer tokens.
  • Heard on the radio this morning that today is national "Hello" day. I just, I can't even start on how much that annoys me.
  • Heard on the radio this morning that today is national "Hello" day. I just, I can't even start on how much that annoys me.

HELLO

• edited November 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Which of these is your favourite?

• edited November 2016
  • Just come back to have a nosey at this thread and got a legitimate "oh for fu-" out of me. Special mention to @ForeverAddickted

Looking forward to tomorrow being 'national titties day', though.
  • Companies that call you and when you ask what the call is in regard too, they ask you 'security' questions which you have to answer. How about you tell me what details you've got on file about me and i'll tell you if they are correct.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!