Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Giggs - the ersatz Welsh version of Lawrenson - whimpering last night;
    Oooooh, look at Biscuits, he's just standing there, doing nowt. That's class that it is, right there. He knows he doesn't have to get involved with that because he's just standing there and that's class that is.
    Ooooooh, now look when someone from the other team score: he's just standing there, totally unruffled, it takes a world - class player to stand there and completely dominate play when the other team are scoring...

Er, Ryan...
    Biscuits...
    Ryan?
    Biscuits...and a nice cuppa.
  • Interviewees on the wireless commencing their answers to questions 'So.'

It seems to have crept in like a virus over the last few months or SO.
  • LenGlover said:

Interviewees on the wireless commencing their answers to questions 'So.'

Its the 'sheep' mentality, like the morons who say 'Simples'.
  • CHGCHG
    edited November 2016
    LenGlover said:

The same goes with Aussie cricketers starting every sentence with look,

• Aidan O'Brian starts every sentence with 'listen'.
  • LenGlover said:

The one that winds me up is the answer to any question asked by the interviewer that starts "Yeah...." closely followed by a change of mind as in,

Interviewer - "So Tom (or Dick or whoever), that looked like a real battle out there today".

Interviewee - " Yeah, No, it's always tough to come here and get a result",

Make your mind up FFS. Mo Farah especially is guilty of this.
  • JWADDICK said:

LenGlover said:

The one that winds me up is the answer to any question asked by the interviewer that starts "Yeah...." closely followed by a change of mind as in,

Interviewer - "So Tom (or Dick or whoever), that looked like a real battle out there today".

I'm guilty of doing this a lot myself... Very much a habit rather than done deliberately
  • JWADDICK said:

LenGlover said:

I'm guilty of doing this a lot myself... Very much a habit rather than done deliberately
    Me too.
  • on a 2 hour car journey why is it necessary for us to stop halfway for drinks
    JWADDICK said:

LenGlover said:

Mo Farah has done this for every question in every interview ever, it's not just the last few months for him. I can't believe no one's ever told him
  • JWADDICK said:

LenGlover said:

Yeah, that doesn't annoy me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our friends getting robbed by a couple of cowards at gunpoint in their own home, 5 minutes after us leaving. Fuckers must've been watching us through the window, waiting for us to go......
  • That's fucking awful.

Probably best you weren't there. I hope your friends are getting through it.

Wish them well.
  • That's fucking awful.

Probably best you weren't there. I hope your friends are getting through it.

Wish them well.

Cheers mate, they're in shock but baring up.
  • That's horrible Rob. Hope they catch the bastards that did it. Wish them well from me too.
  • That's shit.

Hope they are ok
  • People that don't understand cheese. Like how can you want a mild cheddar?! What are you!!???
  • People that don't understand cheese. Like how can you want a mild cheddar?! What are you!!???

Whoops only just read the posts above. Mine seems pretty flippant now..

Hope your friends are all okay @i_b_b_o_r_g

There was a good Daily Mash article with the headline something like "Mild cheese, officially an abomination, say scientists". :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

There was a good Daily Mash article with the headline something like "Mild cheese, officially an abomination, say scientists". :smiley:
    CHEESE which is weaker than ‘medium’ is an abomination, experts have confirmed.
    Researchers at the Institute for Studies criticised the dairy industry for bestowing the ‘cheese’ label on products that had the flavour of insulating foam.
    Professor Henry Brubaker said: “Mild cheese is vile. We sampled things that were really just slices of milk, and skimmed milk at that, which is basically white water.
    ”As a rule of thumb, if you eat it with wine, and both taste better as a consequence, it’s probably cheese. If you eat it with corned beef in a sandwich, you’re in no position to say what is and what is not food.”
    Mild cheese fan Roy Hobbs said: “I tried some so-called mature cheese once. It smelled of garden mulch and tasted like soft, spreadable goat.
    “Dairylea Lunchables are superior to your workshy, fancy French and Italian cheeses, and they go beautifully with a vintage Ribena.”
    Very true...
  • Adverts banging on about 'Black Friday deals' that last for 2 weeks.
    The point of the fuckwit idea is that its 1 day.
    Next year they'll be calling it Black Friday month.
  • Stig said:

When you're planning to do a job (either at home or at work) that will earn you some brownie points for being proactive and thoughtful, just before you start the boss (either your employer or the real boss) asks you do to do that very same thing. Suddenly your good intent is thrown out of the window and any action you take is relegated from being far sighted and independent to merely following orders.

Happens all the effing time with me...
  • My voice repeating during a mobile phone call.
  • When you have waited in the queue for the microwave at work and have your delicious lunch ready to go, start the walk back to your desk and someone starts chatting to you.
    You try not to make eye contact, grunt answers and keep taking half step shuffles away but they aren't taking the hint. The steaming pile of food in your hand doesn't phase them.
    You finally get away with your at best luke warm lunch. bastards.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!