Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When you get to work and check this thread only to find that no one is annoyed
  • edited November 2016
    IdleHans said:

The word "gifting",especally as used by retailers to describe a section of their stock at this time of year.
    WTF is wrong with the word "gifts"? Eh? You marketing bastards, I hate you!

Moved into a new build and was 'gifted' the white goods in there, but what they actually mean is 'included in the price'.

Also, when the washing machine wasn't working at first - they said, "well it is gifted so if it's broken we won't fix it" (or words to that effect) - I politely let them know that leaving a broken washing machine in my flat is more like fly-tipping than gifting.
  • sat in work having to use a macbook, what a load of old shit!
  • sat in work having to use a macbook, what a load of old shit!

It's refreshing to hear that! I often get mocked when I go in to offices with a normal laptop.

I'll never forget ringing some guy up to offer him a job about 2 years ago: "Yeah, I love the office and the team seem great... But I saw everyone using PCs... And I refuse to work anywhere that I'm not allowed to use a Mac. Could you swing an iMac for my desk? If so, I'll accept."!
  • LuckyReds said:

sat in work having to use a macbook, what a load of old shit!

It's refreshing to hear that! I often get mocked when I go in to offices with a normal laptop.

I'll never forget ringing some guy up to offer him a job about 2 years ago: "Yeah, I love the office and the team seem great... But I saw everyone using PCs... And I refuse to work anywhere that I'm not allowed to use a Mac. Could you swing an iMac for my desk? If so, I'll accept."!
    i hope you said you would then kicked the shit out of him the second he questioned where his mac was?
  • luddites
  • Being told by my wife that the car park at my daughters dance class is a bit tight, laughing and telling her I'll be ok then scraping the car door down a fence post. Got home with my tail well and truly between my legs.

After managing to T-Cut out all the damage I did, my wife has done a proper job of it tonight. Scraped past a tipper truck and gouged the rear wing and both doors.
    We've been away so only got around to putting it in for the repairs last night. Wife dropped it off and picked up the hire car but didn't take my license or details so I can't bloody drive it!
    Fair play to my wife, she made a proper job of it. Picked it up on Tuesday, was looking through the paperwork and the bill for just the paint and labour was almost £2.5k. This was before they added on the price of the replacement panels and vat.
  • American accents chanting slogans
  • The postal system.

The parcel bloke decided to post a note through the door instead of ringing my doorbell. He was Royal Mail. I had been waiting in for the delivery so imagine my annoyance that that had been a waste of time as the fool didn't even bother to check I was in.

So I had to wait 24 hours to pick up the parcel from my local sorting office. I get there and realise I forgotten the card. No worries, I thought since I had my ID with my name and address on it. The woman said she needed the card, so off home I went to get the card. The Royal Mail fella hadn't even put my details on the card, just ticked the box saying it was at the sorting office. What an utter shambles.
  • Being told by my wife that the car park at my daughters dance class is a bit tight, laughing and telling her I'll be ok then scraping the car door down a fence post. Got home with my tail well and truly between my legs.

After managing to T-Cut out all the damage I did, my wife has done a proper job of it tonight. Scraped past a tipper truck and gouged the rear wing and both doors.
    We've been away so only got around to putting it in for the repairs last night. Wife dropped it off and picked up the hire car but didn't take my license or details so I can't bloody drive it!
    Fair play to my wife, she made a proper job of it. Picked it up on Tuesday, was looking through the paperwork and the bill for just the paint and labour was almost £2.5k. This was before they added on the price of the replacement panels and vat.
    Man alive! I got off lightly with £400 a little while ago then, after hitting the car park gate at work.
  • Sponsored links:

Man alive! I got off lightly with £400 a little while ago then, after hitting the car park gate at work.
    I couldn't believe it either. They ended up replacing the front and rear wings and the door skins. Thankfully covered by insurance.
  • American express
  • Fiiish said:

The postal system.

The parcel bloke decided to post a note through the door instead of ringing my doorbell. He was Royal Mail. I had been waiting in for the delivery so imagine my annoyance that that had been a waste of time as the fool didn't even bother to check I was in.

So I had to wait 24 hours to pick up the parcel from my local sorting office. I get there and realise I forgotten the card. No worries, I thought since I had my ID with my name and address on it. The woman said she needed the card, so off home I went to get the card. The Royal Mail fella hadn't even put my details on the card, just ticked the box saying it was at the sorting office. What an utter shambles.

It's a pain for me too, especially since they shut our local Bexley sorting office and we have to hike over to Dartford to pick up packages
  • Watching this prison programme on channel 4. Pissing me off had to turn it over.
  • Social media. Except this and the other fora I go on.

So thumbs down to face book, twitter, and all that other shit.
  • MrOneLung said:

bellz2002 said:

Leaving your weekly season ticket complete with photo card on the train and only realising it when home.

Where do you put it?
    In the luggage rack?
    Ha no. Literally left it on the table. More annoyed at my stupidity than anything else.
  • iainment said:

Social media. Except this and the other fora I go on.

So thumbs down to face book, twitter, and all that other shit.

I deleted Facebook a few weeks ago, I really haven't noticed! Twitter on the other hand I like, can be decent for getting info on news and stuff; conversing on it is like trying to get a decent conversation at The Den on a matchday though.
  • Watching this prison programme on channel 4. Pissing me off had to turn it over.

That's the truth though.
  • Sponsored links:

That's the truth though.
    I know at it's a disgrace. I know it's your line of work AUN, what can be done about it?
  • AUN - I've picked up on this recently in the news. Surely public funds have to be diverted to sort this out?? The scenes on the news are shocking
  • Karen Brady. fucking horrible stuck up coat tail hanger

That's the truth though.
    Watching it on +1, fucking awful. Feel for you having to work in conditions like that AUN.
  • Motor cyclists weaving in and out and cutting up yet it's the fault of the motorist when their recklessness causes them to be hit or drive into somebody.

• Carter said:

Karen Brady. fucking horrible stuck up coat tail hanger

Ignoring the personality though, would ya?
  • cabbles said:

I've just remembered this but when the final of Bake off was on a few weeks back, the news at 10 was doing a bit on it being the last time the BBC was showing it etc, talking about it's popularity. They cut to a bar in Clapham that was showing the final. I was disgusted to see all these boyfriends or weeds that had gone out to a bar to watch this. They're not men, that's for sure.

For a start it was Clapham and I thought yeah, that sums up the type of weedy man that would go out to watch it. A ponsy gentrified area of London that actually attracts millennials who have never moved to London when they get on their 'grad schemes'.

Just looking at them on camera, they're not my type of bloke. Straight away I could tell none of them have any bollocks. Going to a bar to watch bake off, makes my skin crawl.

I have no problem with the show or that men watch it, but you watch it at home with your missus. You do not, I repeat not, swan out to some ponsy bar in a soulless part of London.

Glad I didn't invite you now
    I bet you didn't see anything like that in Sheffield though. The steel city. You wouldn't see Sean Bean out watching Bake off in some poncy bar
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!