Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People putting their dirty feet on seats on trains. Sitting at Victoria, polite signs asking people to keep feet of seats, twats sitting here with feet on seats. Twats.

It shouldn't even require a sign, polite or otherwise. Just don't fucking do it.
  • There not being enough hours in the day to do everything you want to do.

Especially getting older and not being able to get up at 5 reliably after having stopped at 2.

Poxy old age.
  • People putting their dirty feet on seats on trains. Sitting at Victoria, polite signs asking people to keep feet of seats, twats sitting here with feet on seats. Twats.

One of the twats now eating his bogeys. Twat.
    Is there a sign saying he can't?
  • Going to brush your teeth and the battery's dead on the electric toothbrush.

first world problems

Reading this when I'm eating my lunch.
  • cabbles said:

Historically low interest rates.

Saving tirelessly for about 8 years (whilst renting) to reach an ever increasing (15k-20k-25k etc) deposit goal as I seem to be the only person who doesn't get a helping hand from a relative. All the while earning diddly squat on those savings and knowing, just knowing that as soon as I get a mortage those rates will begin to rise. Same sob story for many im sure but a tad annoying.

Cue a comment about being grateful - 18% rates in the 80's etc etc.

Nothing wrong with a little release at the situation pal. I've given up to be honest. Never really had much of a savings pot to begin with and don't get me wrong, overspent and let a little loose a lot in my lifetime. Could I have cobbled together a decent crack at it, yes, no one but myself to blame there. But, would that have been at the expense of having a life during my 20s, most definitely.

I think it's hard when you play the game as you think it should be played and the market means bar a windfall or as you say, help from a relative, you're just priced out.

I think the whole thing is a sham especially if you're in an around London. House prices astronomical, all this low interest rate crap only benefits those on the ladder. Government haven't got the bollocks to stop foreign buyers carving up new builds into matchstick boxes and renting them out at extortionate prices. They can build as many houses as they like, until the market comes down to an affordable range in terms of deposits, utterly irrelevant.

You are quite right though that you should keep in mind you do have a roof over your head. I'm doing crisis again this xmas. We're lucky. Doesn't mean you're not entitled to a moan though

Oh - and they expect us to save for a pension as well. LMFAO
    If I were you or any one under the age of 40, I wouldn't worry too much about pensions. The retirement age is drifting off into the distance, to the point where most will be working till the day before they get put in a box. I read last week some nutter thought pensions should be paid at 80. If that's the case why bother to pay into these Ponzi schemes?

Also, one of my great annoyances, the country's obsession with house prices and how much they are worth, especially in the south east. They are only worth the money to the retirement home or local authority who will have the lot off you.
  • Yet nobody agreed with my compulsory euthanasia at 80 suggestion....

There was a bloke picking his hooter opposite me on a crowded train last night ...not just a furtive pick but he was really going for it ,if hed had a jemmy who would have been using it ...the whole carriage was stunned .I am sure King Tuts tomb would have been uncovered sooner if had the job ...maybe he came from a culture where digging around in your snozz in public is admired and revered but not Grove Park ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Peoples reaction on trains when I have a bogey stuck up my hooter.
  • MrOneLung said:

Not knowing what Sagacious means.

MrOneLung said:

I'm none the wiser either.
    T.C.E said:

MrOneLung said:

Holiday resort for the over 50s, in Greece i believe. ;)
    Ask Sam.

Sagacious are those born between November22th and December 21st. :smiley:
  • I gave in:

having or showing acute mental discernment and keen practical sense; shrewd:
  • Some cretin on the train, having a bullshit conversation about stuff that could easily wait, in fact people on the phone on public transport should be banned or a very quick I'll call you back I'm on the train, after rowing down the phone for 20 mins she's now playing some game with the volume turned up to max, selfish c**t of a person.

And for tonight's journey home got some plonker going through what meals she had today so far we've had the cereal she had this morning and she prefers coco pops to shreddies - a fly kick off at Denmark hill may have to be administered.
  • MrOneLung said:

I gave in:

having or showing acute mental discernment and keen practical sense; shrewd:

See, @DaveMehmet all over
  • When you push down the toaster and don't realise that it's not plugged in
  • Don't think I've had a toaster for years that lets you do that, if it's not plugged in it just keeps bouncing back up.
  • Leaving your weekly season ticket complete with photo card on the train and only realising it when home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't think I've had a toaster for years that lets you do that, if it's not plugged in it just keeps bouncing back up.

Alright, get you with your modern gadgets... :wink:
  • Updates on the women's cricket match infecting my tms BBC thread.
  • bbob said:

Umbrellas
    There are 3 generally accepted sizes.
    The telescopic pop up "handbag" size - fine for women and in an emergency for gentlemen.
    The gentlemen's full size.
    The least acceptable - The Golfing umbrella. The name would seem to suggest it is for use when playing golf - although how you hold it whilst swinging your golf stick is a mystery. These seem to be the umbrella of choice for use in densely populated urban environs, despite the inconvenience to others.

Today I witnessed a new phenomenon - the extra extra extra large. The women struggling up the road with it had clearly looked out the window this morning, seen the rain but couldn't find her umbrella, so had gone into the garden and grabbed the parasol from her garden furniture sat and thought "Yes that is perfect for a stroll in the City of London".

Argh I hate Like and Lol posts!!
  • I waited in a bus queue yesterday behind a woman who had her umbrella up. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it wasn't actually raining in the bus shelter where we were stood.

You realise you were standing next to Mary Poppins dont you?
  • having to use a laptop.
  • I waited in a bus queue yesterday behind a woman who had her umbrella up. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it wasn't actually raining in the bus shelter where we were stood.

You realise you were standing next to Mary Poppins dont you?
    Cor blimey!
  • The word "gifting",especally as used by retailers to describe a section of their stock at this time of year.
    WTF is wrong with the word "gifts"? Eh? You marketing bastards, I hate you!
  • Not seen that, maybe they mean 'lifting'

'Don't go lifting our stock at this time of year and redistributing it to the poor and needy. '

That sort of message.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!