Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Macronate said:

Tangerines/satsumas with tight skins.

Just struggled to open one in the office and juice spurted all over my desk and up my computer.

Glad it's not just me that hates this.

Am very partial to satsumas/tangerines, my extensive research has led me to conclude that the best ones for both taste and ease of peeling are the ones we get from Ocado.
  • IAIA
    edited November 2016
  • the wifi repeater that covers the toilets at work is on the blink
  • Macronate said:

Just struggled to open one in the office and juice spurted all over my desk and up my computer.

Am very partial to satsumas/tangerines, my extensive research has led me to conclude that the best ones for both taste and ease of peeling are the ones we get from Ocado.
    I'm disappointed at your response to "spurted all over my desk and up my computer" there @DaveMehmet. I expected more from you
    I'm getting old
  • Macronate said:

This was Ocado, very disappointing.

Must've been a bad batch because never had problems like this before.

Will be checking the rest when I get home.
  • Macronate said:

I'm disappointed at your response to "spurted all over my desk and up my computer" there @DaveMehmet. I expected more from you
    To be fair sometimes he's very sagacious. I was expecting him to have a field day as well when I put the post up about my colleague that stank, and how best to deal with it. Yet he surprised me with his considerate and well thought out response
  • Englands squad selection AGAIN.

Lingaard in the squad. Played 6 times this season for United. Gets in over Redmond and Antonio. Austin not even been given a sniff.
  • Sponsored links:

• It isn't the fact that Christmas adverts are already on that annoys me (I mean it does annoy me but that isn't what I'm posting about).

It's the fact that I'm now already totally bored of Christmas adverts because they began about 8 weeks ago.
  • Not knowing what Sagacious means.
  • Macronate said:

Macronate said:

This was Ocado, very disappointing.

Must've been a bad batch because never had problems like this before.

Will be checking the rest when I get home.
    Aldi - easy peelers!
  • Historically low interest rates.

Saving tirelessly for about 8 years (whilst renting) to reach an ever increasing (15k-20k-25k etc) deposit goal as I seem to be the only person who doesn't get a helping hand from a relative. All the while earning diddly squat on those savings and knowing, just knowing that as soon as I get a mortage those rates will begin to rise. Same sob story for many im sure but a tad annoying.

Cue a comment about being grateful - 18% rates in the 80's etc etc.
  • Historically low interest rates.

Saving tirelessly for about 8 years (whilst renting) to reach an ever increasing (15k-20k-25k etc) deposit goal as I seem to be the only person who doesn't get a helping hand from a relative. All the while earning diddly squat on those savings and knowing, just knowing that as soon as I get a mortage those rates will begin to rise. Same sob story for many im sure but a tad annoying.

Cue a comment about being grateful - 18% rates in the 80's etc etc.

Put it all on us to lose to Millwall next month.
  • Why don't people use the luggage rack on trains anymore? There'd be a lot more room if they did instead of ruck sacks between legs and satchels and handbags on laps resting on the person sat opposite or next to them.
    Bloody hell, I hate the train commute!
  • The G Wiz car has recently been voted the worst ever car to appear on British roads. Ex owners advise that the vehicle is slow, uncomfortable, unsafe and as ugly as sin.

This perceptive bunch also go on to advise that you can still get stuck in a traffic jam and the G Wiz will then feel like a tiny, uncomfortable box.

Well you would never know that just by looking at it, would you?
  • andyg90 said:

Stig said:

Superdry - What on earth are they putting in the water to make otherwise rational people decide they want to buy some overpriced tat from Cheltenham, pretending to be from Japan. Also, why is it so hard to actually get dry?

I purchased one of their windcheaters the other month and have to admit I am impressed as they're great at keeping me warm
    I bought a replacement at bluewater on Wednesday, £75. Then went to Bicester Village on Thursday and saw it for 49...probably my own fault but annoying nonetheless!

I also had the most annoying commuter sitting next to me on Friday morning. Eating something that smelt like puke, feet on the opposite seat and loudly telling her friend on the phone how as a lawyer her assumptions are correct 98% of the time...
    Did you thank her for her good work as CEO of Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• I maybe posted this before but it was still on the list so I did it again. Sorry.
  • John Lewis advert coming this week apparently. Exact date is a secret.
    Fuck knows why it's a secret.

I get annoyed with those adverts because they're NOTHING TO DO WITH CHRISTMAS!

No no, I don't mean a Christmas advert has to take place in a barn with a manger and a virgin birth etc etc, not at all.

I mean the one where the boy has a penguin and gets another penguin? Nothing to do with Christmas, could have been his birthday. Last year, a man on the moon wants to spy on children - nothing to do with Christmas, that could have taken place at any time of year.

The first one, where the boy is counting down the days until he can GIVE a present - that was quintessentially Christmas.
  • People putting their dirty feet on seats on trains. Sitting at Victoria, polite signs asking people to keep feet of seats, twats sitting here with feet on seats. Twats.
  • Going to brush your teeth and the battery's dead on the electric toothbrush.
  • Student landlords...
  • Going to brush your teeth and the battery's dead on the electric toothbrush.

I feel for you.
  • Student landlords...

Otherwise known as 21st century land barons. Or more simply extortioners.
  • You mean students can afford to live in rented accommodation?

I blame the squatting rules. Should always have some free accommodation available to the more enterprising students.
  • People putting their dirty feet on seats on trains. Sitting at Victoria, polite signs asking people to keep feet of seats, twats sitting here with feet on seats. Twats.

One of the twats now eating his bogeys. Twat.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!