Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Nah, if they can afford to watch football they don't work for HMRC.
  • When the queue for each door to the train is about 5 deep, and then for no reason half the middle carriage is first class, so I'm pressed up against the glass divider like the peasant that I am
  • It's been publicised a lot yet there are still selfish ring pieces who sit in the middle lane of motorways, I was on the M20 late the other night by Brands and this one tool was sat there, middle lane 65 mph, what the fuck is wrong with these utter tossers!
  • The sad fact that we can still qualify from our CheckaTrade Trophy group!!
  • edited October 2016
    Carter said:

The guy in a Jeep, who flash me in the middle lane when i was doing 70.
    Get in the fast lane arsehole, and put your Knob away.

You might be on the wind up here and if you are then ignore me

There is no fast lane bro, inside middle and outside lanes and although most drivers are incapable of it we are meant to drive on the left so regardless of speed you should only use the lanes other than the inside lane for overtaking then moving back over to the left
    True other than the knob part.
    So am i in the wrong for driving the legal limit of 70 in the middle lane ?
    the only time i go in the outside lane is to over take the 60 miles an hour traffic in the middle lane and when i go down to 60 i go in the inside lane.
    why should i be encouraged to break the speeding limit.
    I have been unlucky having been done twice in a 30 miles an hour zone on roads that could have been 40. once at 4.30 in the morning and once by the hidden van with a camera down in Dorset.
  • Carter said:

There is no fast lane bro, inside middle and outside lanes and although most drivers are incapable of it we are meant to drive on the left so regardless of speed you should only use the lanes other than the inside lane for overtaking then moving back over to the left
    the only time i go in the outside lane is to over take the 60 miles an hour traffic in the middle lane and when i go down to 60 i go in the inside lane.
    I have been unlucky having been done twice in a 30 miles an hour zone on roads that could have been 40. once at 4.30 in the morning and once by the hidden van with a camera down in Dorset.
    Yes you are wrong and its now up to a £1000 fine if caught 'lane hogging', not that there are any Old Bill on the roads these days.
  • Carter said:

Knob part? Dafuq

I didn't mention knobs, maybe subconsciously but I'mpretty sure I didn't mention a knob

At risk of repeating what's already been said regardless of speed you drive on the inside or left unless overtaking, in that case you overtake then slide back over to the left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trying to pay on card in a pub and it doesn't go through and they look at you like a tramp, you then pop to the cash point and withdraw 400 pound just to prove you aren't a tramp!

The annoying bit is that I will now needlessly spunk that money
  • Adultwork sounds like the site for you.
  • Trying to pay on card in a pub and it doesn't go through and they look at you like a tramp, you then pop to the cash point and withdraw 400 pound just to prove you aren't a tramp!

• Fiiish said:

Trying to pay on card in a pub and it doesn't go through and they look at you like a tramp, you then pop to the cash point and withdraw 400 pound just to prove you aren't a tramp!

I swear he tries to swipe a couple on the way up.

Know the feeling, had to get one of me chums to stump up so I could get back to Blighty a few months back
  • Surely they've been done before but they've annoyed me this morning

(1) Driving to work at 7:30am... Isnt full daylight but its light enough, yet everyone is driving with their full headlights on, erm you dont need them ITS NOT DARK... If you can clearly see the car ahead of you it means the car behind you can see you!! - Turn the damn things off because it actually makes it harder to over-take other cars as the headlight is actually a distraction so you cant judge gaps as easily!!

(2) I use the M25 (Clockwise) in the mornings (coming on from the A2) and no one uses the lane that eventually turns into the exit lane for the M20... Look you idiots stop sticking to three lanes when there are four lanes available (until the top of the hill when you do need to move out), actually do stick to three lanes because the amount of you that I'm able to fly past is lovely.

(3) Instead of tail-gating me (I'm going to slow right down and make your journey a lot longer anyway)... Just use the empty middle lane and over-take me... thats what the f**king lane is there for you cretin!!

(1) Driving to work at 7:30am... Isnt full daylight but its light enough, yet everyone is driving with their full headlights on, erm you dont need them ITS NOT DARK... If you can clearly see the car ahead of you it means the car behind you can see you!! - Turn the damn things off because it actually makes it harder to over-take other cars as the headlight is actually a distraction so you cant judge gaps as easily!!

What's more, there are those bastards who get those performance bulbs from Halfords which are even brighter when dipped than normal bulbs on full beam.

Also, to add to this, people who don't know how slip roads work.

Joining the motorway - they stay at 20-30mph all the way down the slip road until they reach the motorway where everyone is doing 60 to 70 then wonder why they have such a hard time joining the traffic.

Leaving the motorway - When the '1 mile to exit' sign appears, they go into the outside lane and slow down to 40mph.

It's not hard - use the slip-road to accelerate/decelerate as necessary, don't try to do it on the motorway you clowns.
  • edited October 2016
    Is that what those damn bulbs are...? - They're nearly as bad as full beams... How are they legal?

In regards to entry slip roads I've seen it a few times now yet, twice have driven alongside the slip road and someone up ahead of me has moved from the actual lane into the slip road, have realised that its about to end and are forced to move back.

I mean, what do these people think will happen...

When have they seen a slip road that continues on forever without prior signs up saying so?
  • Sponsored links:

• If anyone ever follows up "needless to say..." with whatever it is that is needless to say, then I think it's fair game to punch them.

(2) I use the M25 (Clockwise) in the mornings (coming on from the A2) and no one uses the lane that eventually turns into the exit lane for the M20... Look you idiots stop sticking to three lanes when there are four lanes available (until the top of the hill when you do need to move out), actually do stick to three lanes because the amount of you that I'm able to fly past is lovely.

(3) Instead of tail-gating me (I'm going to slow right down and make your journey a lot longer anyway)... Just use the empty middle lane and over-take me... thats what the f**king lane is there for you cretin!!

I'd get a train if I were you mate.
    Have you seen that SouthEastern thread?

Rather than moaning about the roads I'd be moaning that Smiffyboy doesn't move down the carriages, that AFKA smells of booze after yet another stop off in the pub and that Canters has hijacked the train again because he overslept ;)
    I haven't hijacked any trains yet. That was more an insight into my productive future! ;)
  • Buying the crappy low fat version of something by mistake
  • IdleHans said:

Buying the crappy low fat version of something by mistake

Stick to kebabs - no low fat version mistakes to be made
  • The fact you'll be driving down road where you can go National Speedlimit (i.e. 60mph etc.) yet your stuck behind a car doing about 35mph.

Suddenly you'll come to a 40 zone and they'll speed off at about 50mph

I mean FFS!!... I really think I should just walk everywhere after today!!
  • One limited to those working near lloyds building.

That cyclist who wears a full crash helmet and has ambulance siren noises he insists on hitting all the way as he goes through the pedestrian zone at about 20mph before giving a cheery wave to the construction workers.

Every day at around 8.40.

I'm considering taking a walking stick.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!