Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Realising you really need to buy a diary, but it's the middle of fucking October.

Get a teacher diary - runs August to August and some of them go right through to December 2017 so you don't have to replace until then.
    Try Paperchase, Staples, Ryman etc.
    Aha, Perfect! Cheers.

CharltonLife comes up tops again! Just got a nice one on Amazon, delivery due tomorrow, and it was the last one in stock.
    Excellent. Happy to help! :smile:
  • Greenie said:

cabbles said:

Tweets from Jack Wilshere to Joel Campbell "gonna miss you bro"

Who gives a f***

I was hoping he tweeted this because Wiltshire had an incurable disease .

No such luck.
    Delightful.
    I have met the man more than once ( he's from Hitchin a few miles from me ) and believe me he's an arsehole. Nobody locally liked him for the way he treats women .
    He really is a pig . I suspect this will get deleted as usual but take it from me. He shouldn't be anywhere near that England squad because of what he gets up to.
    Living in Hitchin I can second Beds' comments... many of my friends have encountered him over the years and all have the same opinion, he's a complete arsehole.
  • Irony......
    Trying to reschedule my Dog training appointments to get to the Valley this weekend. Only to find one of my regular visitors can't make the changed time but insists she doesn't want to miss her lesson, the name of little Miss "let's make things awkward" Kate!! :(
  • Lip Sync Battle

Why is it even a thing?

Even the ads for it make my piss boil.

The audience also deserve the thrashing of their lives.
  • Macronate said:

Lip Sync Battle

Why is it even a thing?

Even the ads for it make my piss boil.

The audience also deserve the thrashing of their lives.
    so glad i don't know what you are talking about!
  • edited October 2016

Trump constantly referring to Clinton as ‘she’ really grates on me.

As a lad, if I ever uttered the word ‘she’ my mum would immediately enquire … “Who’s she, the cat’s mother?” I don’t think Trump’s mum was as classy as mine.

I've never understood what's the point in the English language having pronouns if we're never allowed to use them.

Also, just went back to Obama's debate with Romney and he said 'he' in reference to Romney so what's the issue?
  • Fiiish said:

As a lad, if I ever uttered the word ‘she’ my mum would immediately enquire … “Who’s she, the cat’s mother?” I don’t think Trump’s mum was as classy as mine.

I've never understood what's the point in the English language having pronouns if we're never allowed to use them.

Also, just went back to Obama's debate with Romney and he said 'he' in reference to Romney so what's the issue?
    Obama is not Trump.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Fiiish said:

Obama is not Trump.
    racist!
  • The stupid little prick that just ordered a drink and when it came back with 1 piece of lime he pointed out "I take four pieces of lime"

How the fuck would anyone know that and why the fuck would they care?

Prick
  • I despair for this country. Police being called up because someone is dressed like a clown in a park. Don't worry about your nuclear arsenal Russia or Korea, just send over some teenagers in clown costumes and our entire civilian population will be paralysed.
  • Not sure about the English version but the US version involves celebrities miming over well known songs with dancers on stage, flashing lights etc

The stupid little prick that just ordered a drink and when it came back with 1 piece of lime he pointed out "I take four pieces of lime"

How the fuck would anyone know that and why the fuck would they care?

Prick

Also, what does he mean by 'taking' four pieces of lime?

Does he intend to steal the limes?

Or does he think the limes are drugs?
  • Trump constantly referring to Clinton as ‘she’ really grates on me.

Agreed. I said the same earlier.
  • Funnily enough I was on a flight with a stag party at the weekend and they all went through customs both ends dressed as clowns. ..Full make up etc ...assume their passport photos are the same?
  • Potential nuclear war
  • Fiiish said:

I despair for this country. Police being called up because someone is dressed like a clown in a park. Don't worry about your nuclear arsenal Russia or Korea, just send over some teenagers in clown costumes and our entire civilian population will be paralysed.

Well he did have a knife and apparently it's the latest craze to dress up like a clown & terrify someone.
  • Being told by my wife that the car park at my daughters dance class is a bit tight, laughing and telling her I'll be ok then scraping the car door down a fence post. Got home with my tail well and truly between my legs.

After managing to T-Cut out all the damage I did, my wife has done a proper job of it tonight. Scraped past a tipper truck and gouged the rear wing and both doors.
  • Being told by my wife that the car park at my daughters dance class is a bit tight, laughing and telling her I'll be ok then scraping the car door down a fence post. Got home with my tail well and truly between my legs.

After managing to T-Cut out all the damage I did, my wife has done a proper job of it tonight. Scraped past a tipper truck and gouged the rear wing and both doors.
    Your wife got her doors smashed in?
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

Being told by my wife that the car park at my daughters dance class is a bit tight, laughing and telling her I'll be ok then scraping the car door down a fence post. Got home with my tail well and truly between my legs.

Not lately.
  • Fiiish said:

I couldn’t argue with you technically.

My secondary modern school in 65-70 barely covered capital letters, full stops and commas let alone pronouns. However, I do believe that my mum had a point. To continually refer to a woman in the same room as ‘she’ rather than by name sounds rude and ignorant to my ear. Maybe my mum had read the following advice.

“To one who keeps saying ‘she’ in an impolite manner the reproof is: ‘Who’s she, the cat’s mother?’ ” (from The Lore and Language of Schoolchildren, by Iona and Peter Opie, 1959).
  • LuckyReds said:

Being told by my wife that the car park at my daughters dance class is a bit tight, laughing and telling her I'll be ok then scraping the car door down a fence post. Got home with my tail well and truly between my legs.

Not lately.
    To your knowledge :wink:
    Lol, you owed me that one mate.
  • Fiiish said:

I couldn’t argue with you technically.

My secondary modern school in 65-70 barely covered capital letters, full stops and commas let alone pronouns. However, I do believe that my mum had a point. To continually refer to a woman in the same room as ‘she’ rather than by name sounds rude and ignorant to my ear. Maybe my mum had read the following advice.

“To one who keeps saying ‘she’ in an impolite manner the reproof is: ‘Who’s she, the cat’s mother?’ ” (from The Lore and Language of Schoolchildren, by Iona and Peter Opie, 1959).
    I understand where the convention comes from and my own mother has said the same thing but like other conventions such as 'don't end a sentence with a preposition' and 'don't start a sentence with a conjunction', they're not actually rules and only serve to make the language flow less naturally. Also, this objection only ever seems to get raised when someone says 'she' or 'her', I've never seen anyone object when 'he' or 'him' is used.
  • LuckyReds said:

Not lately.
    To your knowledge :wink:
    Lol, you owed me that one mate.
    Hahaha, I was biding my time my time. 1-1

I've damaged my car 3 times in the last year, all while parking. Because I'm an idiot.
    So can you keep these updates coming, because they make me feel better!

I've damaged my car 3 times in the last year, all while parking. Because I'm an idiot.
    I consider myself to be a safe and decent driver but I'm f****g awful at parking.
  • The phrase "I went there" as if to say something controversial.

I consider myself to be a safe and decent driver but I'm f****g awful at parking.
    Yeah, that's it - I'm perfectly safe, until my speed drops below 5mph.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!