Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Fiiish said:

This shite about hijacking months for vanity reasons

eg Stoptober, Say No November, Dry January. Octsober etc.

If you want to stop drinking or smoking then good for you. Don't waste valuable oxygen banging on about it though.

It gives people a time and date to start working towards their goals... what is say no November though?

Stoptober - Quit Smoking
    Dryuary - quit drinking
    Octsober - quit drinking

How about...

No-vember - Say 'no' to every yes/no question
    Gnombe-vember - Carry around a small fishing rod/hat
    Nova-ember - Lease a Vauxhall Nova for a month
  • Some wally did 'Say No November' last year. I'd never heard of it but she basically said 'I'm saying no to things like cake and biscuits'. So it's basically Lent in Autumn.
  • LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

Teenaged lads doing wheelies on their bicycles on the main road. I was driving along Shooters Hill Road near the footbridge and there were these lads on their push bikes and one lad about 14 or 15 did a wheely in quite heavy traffic going towards Sun in the Sands.

My message to him is... "Would you Mother approve of you doing this mate?". He knows full well she wouldn't and I very much doubt he will tell her. If she saw him, she would seriously tell him off.

Really? I see a kid living his life and being a kid.
    P'raps as Curbs might say but that life won't last long if he continues like that.
    Kids have always done things like this Len (as I am sure you are aware) and remember no one gets out of here alive, the world is full of dull people not willing to take a risk, so you might as well go for it.........fair play to him I say.
  • "Crazy busy" - get on with it you work shy twat
  • edited October 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

Fiiish said:

If you want to stop drinking or smoking then good for you. Don't waste valuable oxygen banging on about it though.

It gives people a time and date to start working towards their goals... what is say no November though?

Stoptober - Quit Smoking
    Dryuary - quit drinking
    Octsober - quit drinking

The goal of spending over 16% of the year trying to put pub landlords out of business? Bastards!

What about "don't get your wall plastered-ebuary", "don't get you car serviced-arch" or "don't put a bet on-pril"?

:wink:
  • May w*nk holiday Monday
  • The beggar outside Marylebone, in clean clothes and not actually looking that "down-and-out", who walked up to me and grabbed my coffee and eliquid bottle from the ledge beside me. Who then proceeded to give me the coffee back after I asked several times, but refused to give me my eliquid until it looked like I was going to kick off.

The cheeky bastard even came back to me 5 seconds later and said "I don't want to mug myself off, and I know I said I'd never ask you for anything again... but if I see you again, can I ask you to check if you've got change that time?".

This is only the eleventh day I've worked in the office, and last week I managed to get involved in some shop-lift gone wrong that saw me getting threatened by two big Polish blokes.

I fucking hate it here.
  • Greenie said:

LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

Teenaged lads doing wheelies on their bicycles on the main road. I was driving along Shooters Hill Road near the footbridge and there were these lads on their push bikes and one lad about 14 or 15 did a wheely in quite heavy traffic going towards Sun in the Sands.

My message to him is... "Would you Mother approve of you doing this mate?". He knows full well she wouldn't and I very much doubt he will tell her. If she saw him, she would seriously tell him off.

P'raps as Curbs might say but that life won't last long if he continues like that.
    Kids have always done things like this Len (as I am sure you are aware) and remember no one gets out of here alive, the world is full of dull people not willing to take a risk, so you might as well go for it.........fair play to him I say.
    Indeed but as a parent you advise against it and explain the reasons and hope they listen.
  • LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

Indeed but as a parent you advise against it and explain the reasons and hope they listen.
    Yes of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2016
    Oh, and Julian fucking Assange. Apparently he's a bit annoyed that a copper threw some pebbles at his window; well guess what Julian, most of us are annoyed that we're paying that officer to stand outside a building on the off chance you do the decent thing and come outside.

Not content with being nothing more than a drain on the UK taxpayer, and the biggest outlet of Russian propaganda since Sputnik TV, he also thinks he needs an "army" to defend "wikileaks". For a man living in a foreign embassy who clearly understands the intricacies of using borders to avoid facing the consequences, you would think he may understand that Wikileaks is not a country in itself and doesn't actually need an army... either that or he doesn't know what an army actually is.

A complete and utter narcissistic bellend, with the delusions of a king but the morals of - quite literally - a rapist. The sooner one of self-induced ailments finishes him off, the better.
  • LuckyReds said:

most of us are annoyed that we're paying that officer to stand outside a building

Whose decision was that?
  • Retox not Detox
  • edited October 2016
    IA said:

LuckyReds said:

most of us are annoyed that we're paying that officer to stand outside a building

Whose decision was that?
    I would argue the individual who decided that hiding in the embassy was the correct thing to do, rather than confronting the allegations in Sweden. I think any attempt at blaming the Home Office/Met for ensuring a known fugitive isn't granted the freedom to roam is, at best, misguided.

Also, when did the allegations in Sweden come to light - and why did he head to the UK? There would've been one much bigger country closer to Sweden, one that would take joy in providing him security and freedom..
  • No, it would be either the police or the Home Secretary
  • IA said:

No, it would be either the police or the Home Secretary

I appear to have edited my post at the same time you posted, just to pre-empt this:

"I think any attempt at blaming the Home Office/Met for ensuring a known fugitive isn't granted the freedom to roam is, at best, misguided."

What on earth would you expect the Home Office to do? "Oh, this chap has a warrant out for his arrest in Sweden relating to some sexual offences.. nevermind."?
  • edited October 2016
    The guy in a Jeep, who flashed me in the middle lane when i was doing 70.
    Get in the fast lane arsehole, and put your Knob away.
  • LuckyReds said:

The beggar outside Marylebone, in clean clothes and not actually looking that "down-and-out", who walked up to me and grabbed my coffee and eliquid bottle from the ledge beside me. Who then proceeded to give me the coffee back after I asked several times, but refused to give me my eliquid until it looked like I was going to kick off.

The cheeky bastard even came back to me 5 seconds later and said "I don't want to mug myself off, and I know I said I'd never ask you for anything again... but if I see you again, can I ask you to check if you've got change that time?".

This is only the eleventh day I've worked in the office, and last week I managed to get involved in some shop-lift gone wrong that saw me getting threatened by two big Polish blokes.

I fucking hate it here.

Seemed OK on the 30th LR ... :smile:

Squeezing a haircut, a pint, my lunch and a relaxing stroll in to my lunch hour. Fantastic, and the joys of working above a train station that has a barbers and two pubs downstairs.

Plus it's friday, so I may just be able to wangle some desk beers. I'm also going to sneak a mate in to the building and work in one of the private/quiet rooms at 4 or 5, and have the last hour or two as a catch up and chillax session.
  • LuckyReds said:

The beggar outside Marylebone, in clean clothes and not actually looking that "down-and-out", who walked up to me and grabbed my coffee and eliquid bottle from the ledge beside me. Who then proceeded to give me the coffee back after I asked several times, but refused to give me my eliquid until it looked like I was going to kick off.

I fucking hate it here.

Seemed OK on the 30th LR ... :smile:

Squeezing a haircut, a pint, my lunch and a relaxing stroll in to my lunch hour. Fantastic, and the joys of working above a train station that has a barbers and two pubs downstairs.

Plus it's friday, so I may just be able to wangle some desk beers. I'm also going to sneak a mate in to the building and work in one of the private/quiet rooms at 4 or 5, and have the last hour or two as a catch up and chillax session.
    That was Friday... completely different situation. ;)

In all seriousness though, it's a nice place to work but I can't stand the commute, having to deal with the issues right on the doorstep and the general constant busy-ness. (Marylebone is out of action today though, so it's a tad better!)
  • To blame an individual for the spendthrift political decisions of a minister is delusional.

Assange, for his part, should go to Sweden to face charges. From my limited understanding of the allegations, he has a serious case to answer for and potentially some time behind bars. But it's Theresa May who chose to spend a lot of money on watching him while he hides in South America.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Fiiish said:

Stoptober - Quit Smoking
    Dryuary - quit drinking
    Octsober - quit drinking

The goal of spending over 16% of the year trying to put pub landlords out of business? Bastards!

What about "don't get your wall plastered-ebuary", "don't get you car serviced-arch" or "don't put a bet on-pril"?

:wink:
    Fanuary ain't bad though.
  • My wife told me that when she lived at home, she was woken up by a banging downstairs. When she went down to check it out, her cat was trying to bring a seagull through the catflap.

Seriously?
    Is nobody else going to complain about @DaveMehmet posting about his wife, "banging downstairs", pussies and catflaps without even the merest hint of a snigger?
    I expect a lot better from you dirty buggers.

This place has gone right down the pan.
    I refused to take the bait, he was after cheap Lols. ;)
  • MrOneLung said:

Using a new can of deodorant.

The first spray leaves your armpits looking like a bad case of dandruff with white detritus falling all around you until you get your shirt on.

Sure you didn't pick up the squirty cream by mistake :wink:
  • The inner packaging inside a Weetabix box
  • I like that.
  • Some fans are a waste of space. Why do some people go to games to just shout obscenities at the away fans!? Why can't they construct a sentence without f'ing and blinding and resorting to physical threats?

"I'll see you outside"
    "Oh my days why you sat over derrr, come on then, come on"

-er well you might find that's where away fans are allocated.

What do these slithering life forms do for the other 22 hours a day???!
  • Losing to crap teams
  • Some fans are a waste of space. Why do some people go to games to just shout obscenities at the away fans!? Why can't they construct a sentence without f'ing and blinding and resorting to physical threats?

"I'll see you outside"
    "Oh my days why you sat over derrr, come on then, come on"

-er well you might find that's where away fans are allocated.

What do these slithering life forms do for the other 22 hours a day???!

They work for HMRC
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!