Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The phrase 'big time' used to annoy me, because it sounds so stupid.

"They really messed up big time."
    Big... time? Time that's big? Time isn't even measured in bigness. And the rest of the sentence is nothing to do with time. What is time when it's big?

It doesn't bother me so much these days.
  • edited October 2016
    When Americans call Hillary 'Clitton'. There's an N in there. Use it.
  • When videos are shared on Facebook with the caption "Who made this???" - presumably to give the impression they stumbled across it in some lost corner of the internet. Rather than, say, they edited it so as not to give credit to the person who created it.
  • 1StevieG said:

When Americans call Hillary 'Clitton'. There's an N in there. Use it.

I think it might be Freudian after all she she can be a bit of a Cnut!
  • People who say "liable" instead of "libel"
  • If you're paying someone money - presumably because you need their skillset - then listen to them. It's pure fuckwittery not to, and to pretend you know best.

This is week 4 in a client office, and for 2 of those weeks there's been question marks over a chunk of work I did. The CTO wants it done another way, but I didnt think it was a good idea due to performance issues.

Well, wanting an easy life, I wrote off my afternoon yesterday to rewrite it how the CTO wanted. I've just benchmarked it and it's 10 times slower and pretty much unusable. Utter fuckwittery.
  • edited October 2016
    Oh, and today is renewal day. We discuss extending my time here for another 8 weeks.

I decided I've got to say no. But now I'm not even sure if they want me to renew, so I want to jump in there with a rejection first.

I dont do rejection.
  • Anyone who wears a grey t-shirt to a 'lights v darks' five-a-side game.
  • Weller, singing for Corbyn. Prick
  • LuckyReds said:

Oh, and today is renewal day. We discuss extending my time here for another 8 weeks.

I decided I've got to say no. But now I'm not even sure if they want me to renew, so I want to jump in there with a rejection first.

I dont do rejection.

I guess I got rejected :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Weller, singing for Corbyn. Prick

Rick Weller is still a big draw, lay off him
  • Edit - I think I meant Rick Waller so the joke won't work

Whoever the fat x-factor singer was.
  • cabbles said:

Edit - I think I meant Rick Waller so the joke won't work

Whoever the fat x-factor singer was.

Michelle '2 of doughnut' McMannus?
  • Stig said:

Anyone who wears a grey t-shirt to a 'lights v darks' five-a-side game.

Racism in football.
  • People that say "my bad"
  • Macronate said:

Stig said:

Anyone who wears a grey t-shirt to a 'lights v darks' five-a-side game.

Racism in football.
    F***** greys
  • LuckyReds said:

If you're paying someone money - presumably because you need their skillset - then listen to them. It's pure fuckwittery not to, and to pretend you know best.

This is week 4 in a client office, and for 2 of those weeks there's been question marks over a chunk of work I did. The CTO wants it done another way, but I didnt think it was a good idea due to performance issues.

Well, wanting an easy life, I wrote off my afternoon yesterday to rewrite it how the CTO wanted. I've just benchmarked it and it's 10 times slower and pretty much unusable. Utter fuckwittery.

You don't by any chance work for the PR company currently employed by Charlton?
  • I think mor likely the combined operations function run by everyone's bestie Mr Cohones.
  • Always opening packets of tablets at the wrong end.

By the wrong end I mean the end where the 'instruction manual' is folded over and you can't get to the tablets straight away.

THIS, THIS AND MORE THIS!

i have to take quite a lot of medication every day and ALWAYS open it at the wrong end.

i usually end up getting the hump and going through all the boxes removing the little slip and dropping cards of pills everywhere.

repeat prescription? repeat the above!

• Sponsored links:

• Pardew was on the NFL highlights show yesterday, not happy with just ruining 'proper' football for me. At least he's a Packers fan.
  • Kitchen foil has always annoyed me. I could never tear it off in a clean straight line. However, yesterday I discovered the ‘secret’ tabs at each end of the box that once pressed in form an axle, secures the foil and facilitates the smooth running off.

Why do the manufacturers not cover the ‘less intelligent’ consumer and just pre install the vital axle?
  • Charlton Life going down.
  • Charlton Life going down.

Just like the club, then.
  • Lefty do-gooders like palarshater...
  • edited October 2016
    Whenever you buy something online from a specific website that you have never bought from and never will buy from again, even though you tick or untick whatever it is that means they cannot use your contact details for marketing, then a month later you get their catalogue delivered to your front door. What a waste of time and paper. And unlike an email, you can't just click 'unsubscribe', you have to call them and tell them to stop harassing you.
  • Seeing that the M25 is pretty much clear for my route home... Yet with 10mins to go till I can leave work I know there is still a 99% chance it'll be fucked within minutes. Its a Friday as well, I never get to use the M25 on a Friday!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!