Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Blokes sitting outside pubs having a nice, leisurely pint with JEANS on, on the hottest September day since the world was created.

Blokes getting off trains with their suit jacket and tie still on, on the hottest September day since England was invented.

What is the matter with these people?

I've just nipped to Sainsburys and it took all my willpower not to go naked due to the heat.
  • Macronate said:

I've just nipped to Sainsburys and it took all my willpower not to go naked due to the heat.

• You do something, the wife complains.

You say what do you want me to do then, she says I don't know!
  • Curb_It said:

This last night really annoyed me. Regardless of offending anyone with religious beliefs, why would you wear a t shirt with that word on it in public with kids about? I am getting old I know but still.

What, 'Jesus'?
  • Macronate said:

Blokes sitting outside pubs having a nice, leisurely pint with JEANS on, on the hottest September day since the world was created.

Blokes getting off trains with their suit jacket and tie still on, on the hottest September day since England was invented.

What is the matter with these people?

Inconsiderate bastards dressing how they want to... I'd get a gun out and force them into Speedo's if the nanny state would let me.
  • edited September 2016
    Have a really annoying twitch in my cheek (face not arse)... Anyone know how to get rid of it?
  • Have a really annoying twitch in my cheek (face not arse)... Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Burn it with a lighter until it releases it's grip and quickly pull it off.
    lol! Sorry put the wrong thing in my comment... Meant a twitch not a tick
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

This last night really annoyed me. Regardless of offending anyone with religious beliefs, why would you wear a t shirt with that word on it in public with kids about? I am getting old I know but still.

I guess you didn't see the front. it has a nun masturbating on it. Its a 'Cradle of filth' t shirt.

he also like 'Anthrax', no hope for him.
  • North Greenwich station bus stop. 1st person there. By the time the bus pulls in 9 minutes later I was lucky to get a seat at back row on the top deck by the time the humans that turn into savages push in front. Arseholes.

Have empathy with this.

Had to get a train home after my van broke down in central London. I was feeling smug as the train slowed to a halt with me situated central to the doors in the pole position. By the time my thought bubble had arrived at the ‘y’ in ‘that’s handy’ I was a poor last, out-sprinted, out-muscled and out-thought.
  • o2 - delivered new phone to old residential address, between them and the courier UK Mail they are making an absolute pig's ear of getting it sorted. Phone delivered to old address last Monday, still not solved getting it out to me.

I'll be calling Ronan Dunne CEO later this afternoon if I call them back and they still don't know what's going on
  • cabbles said:

o2 - delivered new phone to old residential address, between them and the courier UK Mail they are making an absolute pig's ear of getting it sorted. Phone delivered to old address last Monday, still not solved getting it out to me.

I'll be calling Ronan Dunne CEO later this afternoon if I call them back and they still don't know what's going on

I had this also, they delivered it to a neighbour of my old address despite them having my current address? Muppets.
  • James Richardson on BT Sport saying that Spurs struggled tonight cos Wembley pitch is 6% bigger than WHL. What utter bollocks.
  • Dazzler21 said:

cabbles said:

o2 - delivered new phone to old residential address, between them and the courier UK Mail they are making an absolute pig's ear of getting it sorted. Phone delivered to old address last Monday, still not solved getting it out to me.

I had this also, they delivered it to a neighbour of my old address despite them having my current address? Muppets.
    It's doing my head in. Currently have no signal on my current phone and the screen is smashed to shit. I can't type certain letters so basically means I start a post on here and by the time i finish the thread has moved on 12 pages

I'm just about to finish my post match views for the 1-1 draw with brum at the start of the 12-13 season
  • addickson said:

Well, I'm heading home today (to Dumbarton) knowing that I may not be back at the Valley for a while (due to my sheer f***witnessed on the job front). Thanks to Charlton Life I've made friends for life @Strasburger @Riviera and a whole diaspora in between. I really miss the sheer passion of @PeteF although Charlton Live still keeps that flame burning. I may be biased or lucky but I've never met a Charlton fan that isn't a great guy or gal (I really regret not making more of an effort to tie up with @soapy_jones when he was up here 'cos he seems a cool bloke) May RD/KM disappear as quickly as I get a job that makes future Charlton sojourns practical (in the meantime I'll claim boycotting to maintain my utterly cool (and correct) credentials).

@AFKABartram and @LoOkOuT - thank you so much for the gift that is Charlton Life, I'm sure that I speak for many farther flung Addicks when I say that CL is a vital and much loved link to CAFC without which we'd be bereft of the great work that so many do @castrust @PragueAddick, #CARD, #VOTV, gossip (and would yas).

So grateful that CL will keep giving me a fix. Good luck on B&W day on Saturday (yet another example of the positive action that CL engenders).

COYR

This is probably the most appropriate thread to choose to say thank you on as well :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• addickson said:

Well, I'm heading home today (to Dumbarton) knowing that I may not be back at the Valley for a while (due to my sheer f***witnessed on the job front). Thanks to Charlton Life I've made friends for life @Strasburger @Riviera and a whole diaspora in between. I really miss the sheer passion of @PeteF although Charlton Live still keeps that flame burning. I may be biased or lucky but I've never met a Charlton fan that isn't a great guy or gal (I really regret not making more of an effort to tie up with @soapy_jones when he was up here 'cos he seems a cool bloke) May RD/KM disappear as quickly as I get a job that makes future Charlton sojourns practical (in the meantime I'll claim boycotting to maintain my utterly cool (and correct) credentials).

@AFKABartram and @LoOkOuT - thank you so much for the gift that is Charlton Life, I'm sure that I speak for many farther flung Addicks when I say that CL is a vital and much loved link to CAFC without which we'd be bereft of the great work that so many do @castrust @PragueAddick, #CARD, #VOTV, gossip (and would yas).

So grateful that CL will keep giving me a fix. Good luck on B&W day on Saturday (yet another example of the positive action that CL engenders).

COYR

Hey addickson... back to the mothership eh?

Will be up to see my brother before the New Year hopefully. Will try and schedule it so we can perhaps take in a game. Always look out for the results of the Sons of the Rock! Will PM you if it comes off.

Happy travels.
  • BT.

Placed an order for a new phone line on the 18th August. Last 3 weeks I've had phone calls every 2/3 days from BT giving me an update. But each call is just to say when the next call with an update will be. Never an actual update.

Now been told earliest date in October 10th. And that is subject to delays.

8 weeks is a fucking joke.
  • Most traumatic time of my working life was working with BT on a project. It would be better if each department communicated with each other. But never came across anything like it.

O2 are next on the hit list.
  • BT run Southeastern close on the shit list
  • Curb_It said:

He might be called Jesus.
  • Thames Water - took 5 week to respond to my fault report to say "it needs a repair" and the after complaining on Twitter, they tell me earliest they will repair is 5th December. This is a massive hole in a main road which is pouring out water. So far the extent of their work is to put five cones into the hole so drivers avoid it.
  • edited September 2016
    People insisting on receiving information in a format that suits them rather than that originally sent.

The answers are no different and the original format is legible and logical but because it's not 'the preferred format' it's regarded as bollocks!

Worse than that the patronising attitude of the person demanding the 'preferred format' is intended to make the originator feel incompetent and inadequate.

Unfortunately these people get away with it because those with the power to slap them down don't unless directly impacted themselves.
  • Curb_It said:

Most traumatic time of my working life was working with BT on a project. It would be better if each department communicated with each other. But never came across anything like it.

O2 are next on the hit list.

When we moved premises at work back 2012 it took BT 6 months to install a line at the new address, even though the previous company had left 6 weeks before.
    Then again in 2014 we moved again but this time stayed at the same exchange as the move was only down the road and it still took BT over 4 months.

Can't stand them.
  • The way its acceptable to promote plus sized female models by saying skinny models aren't real women.
  • The way its acceptable to promote plus sized female models by saying skinny models aren't real women.

As a skinny woman, I agree!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!