Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Eden Hazard obviously needs to read this thread...

• funnily enough i found myself on a french campsite in the south of france about a month ago.it Had a small swimming pool with 2 lifeguards on patrol there were more children(mostly english) in the pool than there was water...ball games,diving,splashing,ducking,accidental sexual penetration was permissable but if you wore the wrong kind of swimsuit out you went !

you cant blame a 5 year old kid for being a nuisance but you can blame their parents or who ever is supervising them
  • ABBA.

How can you hate abba?
    Voulez Vous?

• Seriously though, if you wanted to fight someone because their 5 year old touched your leg, then you've probably got deep lying mental issues.

If it was bothering you that much, approach the father and make your point in an adult way.

Surely you see the difference between attacking someone for kicking your kid and attacking someone because their kids touched your leg!!!?????

VG, first of all Im not even going to respond to your ridiculous last sentence, I gave you a scenario, however it is naive of you to think this does not happen, it does.

Heres the reality, I teach kids and have done so for 25 years, parents of the kids I teach generally come in one of two versions if you like.

Version one are the realistic parents, who understand that their kids are nor perfect, have their faults, but by and large are well mannered, are intelligent as are their children, they know what is right and wrong, understand that as an instructor we know what is best for the student, stay and watch their kid in class, interact with them at home (and I dont mean just watch TV with them) and their children are a pleasure to work with and teach.

Version two are the...ahem....unrealistic parents, now these lovely people are the parents of 'do no wrong' kids. The kids are put so high on a pedestal, no one has ever told them 'NO', and if they did then the Dad would be 'avin a word. I've seen parents wait outside for other instructors where we teach, and argue why their little darling should have achieved more. Now these parents are not particularly intelligent, they seldom interact with their kids, they dont teach the kid any self discipline at home, they dont stay and watch their little angel in class, they give their kids Red Ball type energy drinks before class, in short they are a pain in the arse. These are the type of tossers that, if confronted (in an adult way) would no doubt let you know, both verbally and at times physically, that you are wrong and that their kid is a god and would never do anything wrong.
    IN 99.9% of cases there is no such thing as a bad kid, but there are untold bad parents.
  • I didn't deny it probably does happen, I know plenty of wrongen parents, I grew up in Bexleyheath! Just didn't really see what the point of the scenario was in relation to the original argument. You kick a child, you deserve to get your face rearranged.

• ABBA.

How can you hate abba?
    Voulez Vous?

Ah-ha!
  • I've come in late to this but, from what I can gather, Benny and Bjorn kick kids, is that right?

No that was the Undertones...I think?
  • I've come in late to this but, from what I can gather, Benny and Bjorn kick kids, is that right?

Sometimes, but generally they prefer a Glagow kiss - it's what Head Over Heels is all about.
  • I've just seen today's discussion on this thread.

I'd like to apologise for the upset I've caused, for what I mistakenly thought was a humorous post.
    This post was following on from Dave Mehmet's previous post, about all the parents laughing at another kid's misfortune.

In hindsight I should have put a smiley. It was a failed attempt at humour.

To clarify. This kid kept coming and grabbing my ankle underwater, when I was trying to play ball with my son, who was probably about 12 at the time.

This went on for over half an hour. I politely and repeatedly asked him to stop on each occasion, but he would not. Eventually, when he grabbed my ankle for the umpteenth time, I shook the leg he was holding, until he let go. Unlike, in the previous half hour, when I just stood there not moving, for approximately a minute until he let go.The kid was upset that I shook him off and didn't return.

I couldn't speak to his parents, because there were probably about 500 people around and in this massive pool & they could have been anywhere.

I hope everyone now accepts that I'm not a child beater and I once again apologise for my failed attempt at humour.

• Sponsored links:

I'd like to apologise for the upset I've caused, for what I mistakenly thought was a humorous post.
    This post was following on from Dave Mehmet's previous post, about all the parents laughing at another kid's misfortune.

To clarify. This kid kept coming and grabbing my ankle underwater, when I was trying to play ball with my son, who was probably about 12 at the time.

This went on for over half an hour. I politely and repeatedly asked him to stop on each occasion, but he would not. Eventually, when he grabbed my ankle for the umpteenth time, I shook the leg he was holding, until he let go. Unlike, in the previous half hour, when I just stood there not moving, for approximately a minute until he let go.The kid was upset that I shook him off and didn't return.

I couldn't speak to his parents, because there were probably about 500 people around and in this massive pool & they could have been anywhere.

I hope everyone now accepts that I'm not a child beater and I once again apologise for my failed attempt at humour.

I shook the leg he was holding...

...into his face.
    Repeatedly.
  • LuckyReds said:

I've just seen today's discussion on this thread.

I shook the leg he was holding...

...into his face.
    Repeatedly.
    Until he cried

I wasn't being aggressive to you mate, just trying to put my point across, albeit poorly.
  • edited August 2016

I've just seen today's discussion on this thread.

I wasn't being aggressive to you mate, just trying to put my point across, albeit poorly.
    Well I thought if I've upset you then I've dropped a right bollock, as I normally have the same sense of humour. Anyway, it was my mistake.
  • Oh Falkirk :-(
    Not sure if posting this will give KM ideas...
  • addickson said:

Oh Falkirk :-(

That's going to be a right laugh in January.
  • The general attitude and manners of a lot of kids. Several at our hotel are nothing short of animals. Pushing into queues (and then giving you shitty looks when you send them to the back of the queue) climbing up the water slides when other kids are waiting to come down etc. Most of this takes place in front of their parents, so they're to blame but I shudder to think what the little shits are going to be like as adults. One thing that made me laugh was an English kid, who was a bit of a lump to be fair, waiting to come down the slide in the kids pool. A little shit started to climb up and the English kid waved him back. He ignored him so he shrugged his shoulders and flung himself down the slide, knocking the other one flying. Naturally, he started screaming the place down but half the adults around the pool were laughing.

We were on hols a few years ago and some little shit about 5 years old kept grabbing my leg underwater.

He did it about 5 times and each time I asked him to stop.

The next time he did it I gave him a gentle swift underwater kick.

He started blabbing and said he was going to get his dad.

The dad never turned up thankfully. I was anticipating an Inbetweeners type scenario.
    You kicked a 5 year old child and made that child cry? And then bragged about it on the internet?
    I don't know who is worse you or the people on here who think that is funny.

When you go on holiday and get in a pool you are effectively in a childs playground, don't get upset when they want to play.
    Gotta be the op for actually doing it, surely
  • Sponsored links:

• Any cnut that says 'Oh, is it pay day today?!' when ive been counting the days for the last two weeks and eating scraps from next doors bins.

I found myself redeeming nectar points last night
  • cabbles said:

Any cnut that says 'Oh, is it pay day today?!' when ive been counting the days for the last two weeks and eating scraps from next doors bins.

I found myself redeeming nectar points last night
    Yeah, at Fortnum and Mason. Smug git.
  • People from Essex who use words out of context. For example, BBC reporter interviewing one of Max Witlock's club mates in his Essex gym;

BBC reporter, "So, what do you think of Max's achievements out in Rio?"

Blonde Rylan, "Well I just think it's ridiculous."

It took me a good 3 to 4 minutes to explain to my Mrs, born in Fleet and brought up in Brighton, that he meant it was good and that's just how some Essexites speak.
  • This is probably the stupidest thing that annoys me, I may even have mentioned it before, but the amount of ire it produces in me is utterly disproportionate to the "offence".

When managers are interviewed and the refer to "the football club" or "this football club" every time they mention it. Okay use it once, but after that, just say "the club" - we know what the club does FFS!

I am aware this is totally irrational.

Thank you for listening.
  • I'm with you on that one AA.
  • iaitch said:

I'm with you on that one AA.

that it is the stupidest thing?
  • Car Parks that have a large area of parking bays available...

Can never make my mind up which one I want to occupy and ultimately end up driving into an area of the car park that is full, it annoys the hell out of me that I cant just pick one and it annoys the hell out of the wife as well
  • addickson said:

Oh Falkirk :-(

I've heard Roly's more interested in showers than baths.

• This is probably the stupidest thing that annoys me, I may even have mentioned it before, but the amount of ire it produces in me is utterly disproportionate to the "offence".

When managers are interviewed and the refer to "the football club" or "this football club" every time they mention it. Okay use it once, but after that, just say "the club" - we know what the club does FFS!

I am aware this is totally irrational.

Thank you for listening.

I concur, breath easy Algarve you are among friends here...........
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!