Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Brendan Foster
  • The squeaking noise Andy Murray makes when he serves.
  • Not sure if he still does it as not seen him play for years, but watching Rafael Nadal unpick a wedgie before every point he plays.
  • Australians
  • finding out my youngest cousin is going to be the mascot for millwall against us.
  • Usain Bolt
  • ....well not so much him personally, but the way the 100m is made out to be the amazing sport it clearly ain't
  • Officious looking officials at the Olympics
  • Sponsored links:

• The comparison to our footballers whenever someone does well an another sport. Zzzzzzz.
  • The comparison to our footballers whenever someone does well an another sport. Zzzzzzz.

Chris Boardman commenting on the road race, when the little Spaniard fell off his bike send got back on straight away "there's no man with magic sponge in this sport", 10 minutes later, the little Spaniard has slowed right down and the team doctor is leaning out the team car with the old cotton wool, putting summin on a non existent injury on the riders elbow
  • ....well not so much him personally, but the way the 100m is made out to be the amazing sport it clearly ain't

I think what annoys me most is when they introduce Justin Gaitlin as '2 times drug cheat Justin Gaitlin'. Why is he even there?

Yes, this. Or there's a big injury to a player (whatever the sport), the injured player gets up, and they come out with.... 'that would never happen in soccer', Have they never seen lower league football.....?
  • Brian Moore, the rugby commentator is like that. Bloke gets injured and he always comes out with 'they don't roll around like soccer players'.
  • iaitch said:

Brian Moore, the rugby commentator is like that. Bloke gets injured and he always comes out with 'they don't roll around like soccer players'.

No, they just use fake blood capsules.
    A point I take great pleasure in reminding my holier than thou, rugger bugger brother and sister in law.
  • This Twin Atlantic song:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wcqeM4KLqok

Specifically the double negative in "We're not going to get no sleep".

It bugs me.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Hoy has been really informative to be honest.
  • To be fair Neil, so do I. But I was watching tonight and there was racing going on in the background that we couldn't see whilst Balding was asking all sorts of inane questions of him that didn't shed any light on what was going on.
  • iaitch said:

Brian Moore, the rugby commentator is like that. Bloke gets injured and he always comes out with 'they don't roll around like soccer players'.

A point I take great pleasure in reminding my holier than thou, rugger bugger brother and sister in law.
    They also go on about it's a mans game. What is so tough about treading all over someone's face when they are trapped at the bottom of a ruck/maul?
  • iaitch said:

iaitch said:

They also go on about it's a mans game. What is so tough about treading all over someone's face when they are trapped at the bottom of a ruck/maul?
    iaitch said:

iaitch said:

Then shoving various vegetables up each other's arses in the bar afterwards before drinking each other's piss.
  • edited August 2016

iaitch said:

iaitch said:

iaitch said:

iaitch said:

Then shoving various vegetables up each other's arses in the bar afterwards before drinking each other's piss.
    Actually, that last sentence has a certain attraction if I'm honest.
  • This Twin Atlantic song:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wcqeM4KLqok

Specifically the double negative in "We're not going to get no sleep".

It bugs me.

"If you don't get yours, I won't get mine as well"

From Some Might Say.......proper boils my piss that lyric.
  • Stig said:

At the risk of sounding like Big Rob, the BBC's coverage of the Olympics. Why do they keep changing bloody channels - is it just to punish anyone that dozes off waiting for their favourite event?

Here an idea pick a channel, either BBC2 or BBCFour, and make that a dedicated Olympic channel. Don't show anything else on that channel for a month but coverage of the most interesting live events and highlights. Make the other channel a dedicated non-Olympic channel; use it exclusively for non-Olympic programming. Use BBC1 for the flagship events only. Use the red-button service and iPlayer for minority events and those without a British interest. Absolutely simple and everyone would know where they stand.

And here's another idea - this one's an absolute belter. Try showing more of the events rather than interminable conversations between Claire Balding and Chris Hoy about who's engaged to whom and what it's like to be the spouse of an Olympic Athlete. Save money by flying these two and the other hangers-on back home. Film their conversations on Hoy's garden shed in Clackmannanshire and release it on iPlayer only for the three people that are actually interested in this drivel.

Have you tried the ten or so dedicated channels the BBC have?
    On your tv planner, just below the other Sky ports channels.

Don't tell me you don't have Sky and only council telly.
  • Claire Balding is really annoying, there have been a few interviews with the athletes where she will interrupt them to ask a totally different question and the athlete sort of stands there like 'riiiight, ok'.

Get her off the telly.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!