Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Waiting.

Doctor and dentist appointments that always seem to run 20 minutes late.

Being on hold to a call centre for ages.

Standing in a queue for a long time.

I used to have patience but obviously it's all gone now.
  • Putting son to bed, having dinner, deciding fancy a cigarette and go down the corner shop in pj trousers, get back to house realise have picked up wrong set of keys and don't have a front door key.

Have to ring up dog walker who has a set to come and let me in.

Won't be doing that again. Idiot.
  • People describing photos that are clearly not selfies (i.e. the photographer isn't someone in the photo holding the camera) as a 'selfie'. No you idiot, you're not in the photo, therefore it isn't a selfie, it is just a photo you chimp.
  • Andy Murray talking to the media or doing any sort of public speaking. Just seen his flag bearing interview on the news. He's excruciatingly painful to listen too. The shite that came out of his mouth about Cameron when he won Wimbledon was cringeworthy

He should be muted and just play tennis
  • Sean Lock
  • Thank god no. What a terrible thing to happen to someone.
  • Someone who bases their opinions on discussions with their clients and a bloke in the Long Pond, condemning someone else for researching their opinions on the Internet.

Classic Brexit.
  • Sean Lock

....is annoyingly funny?
  • Sean Lock

The door when Neil goes to the shop.
  • Sponsored links:

• People who get expressions wrong.

In the last couple of days I've heard 'cutting off your nose despite your face', and about how someone was made an 'escape goat'.

Do they not realise that would make no sense at all?

'Can't be ASKED' does my head in. Makes no sense at all.
  • Pacifically
    Escape goat
    Arksed
  • Thieving, underhand car park operators who employ all modern technology to catch their 'customers' (a.k.a. poor easily targetted motorist), but would never dream of installing a machine that actually produced change!
    on a Sunday as well. Ba $tards.
  • Thank god no. What a terrible thing to happen to someone.

Neil

You said you put your son to bed and then went down the corner shop.

You left your son alone in the house and then couldn't get back in.

Tad irresponsible?
  • Carter said:

Pacifically
    Escape goat
    Arksed

arksed is terrible. How dem rude boys managed to get from asked to that is beyond me
  • Fiiish said:

People describing photos that are clearly not selfies (i.e. the photographer isn't someone in the photo holding the camera) as a 'selfie'. No you idiot, you're not in the photo, therefore it isn't a selfie, it is just a photo you chimp.

I've taken selfies where it isn't my finger on the shutter button. If I've had the idea, framed the shot, focused the camera and set the exposure and the firing settings of the camera I've done far more to justify calling my shot a selfie than someone who's unthinkingly waved their mobile phone around at arm's length.
  • Stig said:

Fiiish said:

People describing photos that are clearly not selfies (i.e. the photographer isn't someone in the photo holding the camera) as a 'selfie'. No you idiot, you're not in the photo, therefore it isn't a selfie, it is just a photo you chimp.

I've taken selfies where it isn't my finger on the shutter button. If I've had the idea, framed the shot, focused the camera and set the exposure and the firing settings of the camera I've done far more to justify calling my shot a selfie than someone who's unthinkingly waved their mobile phone around at arm's length.
    Selfies are very specifically taking a photo of yourself when holding the camera so if you were holding the camera, fine. I'm more describing the stream of photos I'm currently seeing from holidaymakers where clearly someone not in the photo is holding the camera and then it gets tagged as 'beach selfie' or 'cheeky holiday selfie'.
  • cabbles said:

Carter said:

Pacifically
    Escape goat
    Arksed

arksed is terrible. How dem rude boys managed to get from asked to that is beyond me
    It actually went the other direction. Arks and Aks existed in old english as regional variations. I think Chaucer used 'ax' in the Canterbury Tales.

But someone in the 18th century had enough money to publish a book telling people that the words and expressions they were using were incorrect. And now the English speaking world is full of people who forget that it's a living, breathing language, not on that's designed on high by a committee (like French).
  • Airline websites that try to grab every extra bit of cash they can. A service fee gets added, insurance gets added and you have to hunt find the checkbox to say you don't want it and any other little extras that they can shove on.

Ticket agencies annoy me too. Why do you get the price of the ticket and then get a handling fee or, indeed, a fee to receive an e-ticket.

Just tell me the price up front like shops do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben18 said:

iaitch said:

Thank god no. What a terrible thing to happen to someone.

Neil

Tad irresponsible?
    His son might be in his twenties
    "Putting son to bed" - in his twenties, bit weird.... And if he was in his twenties he could have opened the door...
  • Airline websites that try to grab every extra bit of cash they can. A service fee gets added, insurance gets added and you have to hunt find the checkbox to say you don't want it and any other little extras that they can shove on.

Ticket agencies annoy me too. Why do you get the price of the ticket and then get a handling fee or, indeed, a fee to receive an e-ticket.

Just tell me the price up front like shops do.

And when you buy tickets for an event or visit and are asked to make a donation on top of the extortionate ticket price for the unkeep of the venue. The ticket price includes that, stop asking for more guilt money.
  • bbob said:

Ben18 said:

iaitch said:

Neil

Tad irresponsible?
    His son might be in his twenties
    "Putting son to bed" - in his twenties, bit weird.... And if he was in his twenties he could have opened the door...
    Could have been drunk.
  • iaitch said:

Neil

Tad irresponsible?
    He forgot to mention his son was Kanu. Must be well in to his 50's now.
  • iaitch said:

Neil

Tad irresponsible?
    Thanks for the well considered parenting tips all.

In fact I did get back in after 15 minutes.

I was outside the front door and if, for the first time in 6 years he had needed some help, I would have heard him and he would have let me in unless he was choking in bed in which case I would have had a massive problem with myself for the rest of my life.

But you can't watch over your kids all day every day. They can get into trouble at any time, and the least likely time is asleep in their own bed in a house that has never been burgled, living next door to a copper.
  • The Dartford bloody tunnel. Every day!
  • iaitch said:

Neil

Tad irresponsible?

I was outside the front door and if, for the first time in 6 years he had needed some help, I would have heard him and he would have let me in unless he was choking in bed in which case I would have had a massive problem with myself for the rest of my life.

But you can't watch over your kids all day every day. They can get into trouble at any time, and the least likely time is asleep in their own bed in a house that has never been burgled, living next door to a copper.
    You really, really didn't need to explain yourself mate.
  • The (solitary) ticket machine in the arrivals car park at Faro airport, which has not been working for three weeks, during the busiest summer in years, possibly ever.

Jet2 announcing a ban on selling alcohol before 8AM after people have booked their flights. Never flown with them, never likely to, and if they want to ban alcohol on flights they are selling now, and tell their customers that, then fine, but moving the goalposts seems unfair.
  • iaitch said:

Neil

Tad irresponsible?

You really, really didn't need to explain yourself mate.
    Is the right answer.
  • Money grabbing companies who fleece long standing customers who don't/can't shop around. I just found out that the contemptable bastards at Talk Talk were charging my mother-in-law £30 a month just for a landline and a handful of calls. She never queried it because she assumed that it was the going rate. Thankfully she's seen the light and is now going mobile-only for just £10 per month.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!