Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Insomnia.

Absolutely shattered, been laying in bed since 2am and it's now gone 7am. Whenever I'm not at work this happens, I end up unable to sleep for a couple of days or on a 48 hour sleep pattern if I'm lucky.

• LuckyReds said:

That does my head in too.

The amount of times I can be sitting in the corner by the doors, and still end up being one of the last to get off the train is fucking ridiculous.

Same for planes too, I flipped my shit to someone in Berlin for doing this. I was sat right at the back of the plane, right by the exit. After waiting for half the plane to exit so I could simply get up, I was actually putting my hand luggage on my back when people were STILL squeezing through. FFS - I'm actually ready to move myself you utter cretins.

Yeah and that's another thing. Fecking rucksacks or backpacks or whatever they call them these days and the people wearing them! They have no consideration for other travellers and seem incapable of realising that the amount of space they need for their body changes when they put them on. The worst thing that's ever been invented.
    It's called hand luggage it's not called back luggage. They always have that bit of nylon netting for a bottle of water. What's the point of that? You're in an airport, not the Atacama desert. Why would you choose to carry around something as heavy as water? Rant over.
  • Any meeting that is booked between 12noon and 2pm... Dont the organisers think that we need a lunch break and that there is plenty of time left in the day if its booked either in the morning or afternoon.
  • The fact that you can buy Glasses as a fashion accessory rather than as a prescription need... I dont mean Sunglasses here as they are needed by everyone as protection from the sunlight.

Yet I have to wear glasses whenever I'm awake because I'm extremely short sighted, I got all the usual nicknames thrown at me throughout primary / secondary school yet find it a bit of an insult that someone will wear them simply because they look good with a certain outfit... Well I dont have the advantage of that so go do one

Yes I could wear contact lenses but as someone who hates things being in their eye (or having to touch their eye) that isnt an option.

You dont see people walking around with a hearing aid on, not because they're deaf but because they want the music to be even louder!!
  • When you wake up early, walk the dog in the glorious sunshine, cycle to work and then the shit hits the fan because some pillock has decided to work from home on the morning of a very important meeting. One you've never been invited to, never even discussed and as such that can't be held in full without them.

The external client arrived at 09:30 left at 10:30 an hour early and apparently the one at fault is me for not having prepared better for the meeting that I wasn't even meant to attend...

Rather aggravating that one chaps.
  • The fact that you can buy Glasses as a fashion accessory rather than as a prescription need... I dont mean Sunglasses here as they are needed by everyone as protection from the sunlight.

Yet I have to wear glasses whenever I'm awake because I'm extremely short sighted, I got all the usual nicknames thrown at me throughout primary / secondary school yet find it a bit of an insult that someone will wear them simply because they look good with a certain outfit... Well I dont have the advantage of that so go do one

Yes I could wear contact lenses but as someone who hates things being in their eye (or having to touch their eye) that isnt an option.

You dont see people walking around with a hearing aid on, not because they're deaf but because they want the music to be even louder!!

Stop moaning 4 eyes... :-)

THATS IT... I'm telling my Mum on you!!! :cry:

Don't worry, I'll tell her.

Classic playground material.
  • edited July 2016

The fact that you can buy Glasses as a fashion accessory rather than as a prescription need... I dont mean Sunglasses here as they are needed by everyone as protection from the sunlight.

Ooo itchy beard!!

Or don't you youngsters do that one anymore?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

The fact that you can buy Glasses as a fashion accessory rather than as a prescription need... I dont mean Sunglasses here as they are needed by everyone as protection from the sunlight.

Ooo itchy beard!!

Come on you two. Make up, make up, never never break up.

Ooo itchy beard!!

The beard itch should be accompanied with a high pitched "sssuuuuurrreeeeeee" when you don't believe someone. That was a general thing that annoyed me.
  • The prevalence of Mongolians in Japanese sumo competitions.
  • Companies that "spruce up" their website from clear, easy to understand instructions to souped-up arty trendy and utterly incomprehensible shit.
    Yes, that's you flybe and SW Trains, I want to travel within the UK not qualify for Mensa.

(Caution: Fogey alert)
  • couriers that lie and make up they attempted to deliver stuff, cunts

• Nah... More

• The Chinese clubs throwing silly money around. Higuain's turn today, been offered FIFTY MILLION EUROS A YEAR!

Its disgusting.
  • People who are employed saying my statutory redundancy would of only been £3,750
    That's £3,750 more than me my friend
  • Sponsored links:

• Jimmy reckon (strokes imaginary long beardy chin)
  • edited July 2016
    ITV Coverage of Sport...

Watching the Tour de France and just as they get to the bottom of Ventoux they go to an ad break... I've seen more bloody adverts for Skoda than I have done of the actual cycling!!

Seriously... ANOTHER break five minutes after the last!!!
  • Radio 4 coverage of Sport...

I was looking forward to watching TDF tonight. One of the joys of Radio 4 is that I can listen on the way home from work safe in the knowledge that they are not going to mention anything sporty. Not today though. I'd have loved to have watched the drama as it unfolded, instead of that though they the play a crucial clip of commentary with no warning at all, so now I know exactly what happened.
  • In fairness Stig, it's only when something like that goes off that most of us know exactly what is happening...
  • Non announcements.

This one on Southern region today. "We are currently stopped at a red signal. We will be proceeding when it turns to green".

And recently "there are no delays on the Bakerloo Line".
  • edited July 2016
    Being indecisive and a bit of a worrier.

So I've been bumming around for a week now, and there was no major hurry to find more work.

Out of the blue I had a very interesting introduction on Wednesday, subsequently a very good chat and was invited to put a proposal in for a really decent looking project. I've busted my balls to produce this document with next-to-no-time, and I finally sent it off at 08:45 - on the understanding they're making a decision today. (Read receipt says the latest it was read was 10:15, so they should be assessing the options now.)

So this morning has been me chewing on my nails to the point it hurts to type a little bit.. but once again - no big deal; it would be good to get the work but I'm not in a hurry and there's nothing else in the pipeline I need to deal with...

Until an hour ago. I've now got a phone-call at 3:30 about a project that needs to kick-off on Monday. It's a longer/meatier project, but for a variety of reasons it isn't as good as the other one. I'm now worried that the phone-call is going to be a success and I'm going to have to take a gamble either way as I wont have heard about the original project. :(
  • Can't you contact the first lot and explain your position, without making it sound like blackmail? I am sure they would appreciate your enthusiasm to be involved with their project in front of the other potential offer? Good luck either way, LR!
  • Can't you contact the first lot and explain your position, without making it sound like blackmail? I am sure they would appreciate your enthusiasm to be involved with their project in front of the other potential offer? Good luck either way, LR!

I had finally given up on hearing from the first lot, when my phone buzzed and I got the good news that I was selected to run with the project.

To say I am stunned is an understatement; I've been doing contract work but this is an entire project (w/ management) that I'll be delivering on behalf of my company. I ended up running outside for a cigarette whilst laughing like a mad man!

Funnily enough, the second place didn't even ring..!

I guess I have a new thing that annoys me now: this weekend will involve lots of tidying up and a bit of DIY as I fix up my neglected home office..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!