Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited July 2016
    When people use train station shops to do their yearly shop.

I just want my packet of crisps and bottle of water and I don't want to queue for 20 minutes to get it.
  • Train-related... again, but people who push past you to get off when you're getting off at the same stop.

Also people who stand up straight after a plane has landed. SI' DAAN!
  • Yes if you get up before the seat belt sign goes off then you should be shot on the spot.
  • iaitch said:

Yes if you get up before the seat belt sign goes off then you should be shot on the spot.

Or get the pilot to slam on the anchors....
  • Or a big spike comes up through the bottom of the seat!!!!
  • iaitch said:

Or a big spike comes up through the bottom of the seat!!!!

Surely that would be a reason to stand up?

• Why do people stand up on the plane before the doors are open anyway? They then rush off the plane first and you meet up with them why they are waiting for their suitcase, which, with any luck is one of the last one's off
  • That does my head in too.

The amount of times I can be sitting in the corner by the doors, and still end up being one of the last to get off the train is fucking ridiculous.

Same for planes too, I flipped my shit to someone in Berlin for doing this. I was sat right at the back of the plane, right by the exit. After waiting for half the plane to exit so I could simply get up, I was actually putting my hand luggage on my back when people were STILL squeezing through. FFS - I'm actually ready to move myself you utter cretins.
  • Fiiish said:

ross1 said:

Why do people stand up on the plane before the doors are open anyway? They then rush off the plane first and you meet up with them why they are waiting for their suitcase, which, with any luck is one of the last one's off

Because the pilot forgets to tell people that usually the plane doesn't take off again until all the passengers have alighted.
    You need to reconsider who you fly with ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• People sitting in front of you on flights of 2 hours or less who, the split second the seat belt sign goes off, recline their seats as far back as they will go, irrespective of the 6foot 3 man cramped up behind them.
  • People sitting in front of you on flights of 2 hours or less who, the split second the seat belt sign goes off, recline their seats as far back as they will go, irrespective of the 6foot 3 man cramped up behind them.

A real pet hate of mine. Selfish in the extreme.
  • edited July 2016

People sitting in front of you on flights of 2 hours or less who, the split second the seat belt sign goes off, recline their seats as far back as they will go, irrespective of the 6foot 3 man cramped up behind them.

Hate this! They are basically being selfish and deciding to make you a lot less comfortable so they can sit at a slightly different angle.

At least ask.

I had a guy do it to me on a flight once when I'd just put a drink on my tray, only for him to be really affronted when I suggested he should apologise, buy me another drink for the one he just spilt then put his chair back up.

Didn't do either of the first two but did put his chair back up once I told him my drink was going on the tray or his head!
  • edited July 2016
    The person in front on you that's paying for something or at the cash point and they spend ages faffing about looking for their bank card or money, surely it must have occurred to them that this is something they would need.
  • edited July 2016
    People who look over your shoulder when you're sending a text.

A couple of times I've found myself typing "piss off you nosey bastard" in the hope they read it'
  • The person in front on you that's paying for something or at the cash point and they spend ages faffing about looking for their bank card or money, sure it must have occurred to them that this is something they would need.

Or people who get to the front of a queue for food or drink then start to decide what to have.

• edited July 2016

People sitting in front of you on flights of 2 hours or less who, the split second the seat belt sign goes off, recline their seats as far back as they will go, irrespective of the 6foot 3 man cramped up behind them.

One benefit of having a small child is to let them sit in your seat and kick the back of his all flight long.
  • The person in front on you that's paying for something or at the cash point and they spend ages faffing about looking for their bank card or money, sure it must have occurred to them that this is something they would need.

Or people who get to the front of a queue for food or drink then start to decide what to have.

Infuriating. You just want to punch them in the back of the head.
  • I'm convinced their some sort of conspiracy going on in my life when it comes to quieing. Like a really shit Truman Show. It takes me 20 seconds to order food or pay for petrol or get money out. But every shit stain infront of me, oh no....minutes for these pricks.
  • Soporific voice, dreamy background music ..................................... Huge gaps between sentences. Brian Cox. What’s he on about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Soporific voice, dreamy background music ..................................... Huge gaps between sentences. Brian Cox. What’s he on about?

Brian Cox

Met plenty of people who have met him, all think he's an arse
  • I absolutely love Brian Cox. Makes science easier to understand and engaging. His TV shows are brilliant.
  • I absolutely love Brian Cox. Makes science easier to understand and engaging. His TV shows are brilliant.

His shows are good ill grant you. Especially the astronomy one. Can't warm to him though
  • His birth name is Cocks, says it all

He was good in Manhunter too.
  • Makes nice apples an all
  • McBobbin said:

I absolutely love Brian Cox. Makes science easier to understand and engaging. His TV shows are brilliant.

His shows are good ill grant you. Especially the astronomy one. Can't warm to him though
    Bit harsh. Give it time, things can only get better...
    I can only DReam
  • Mates who argue passionately about the finer points of Article 50, when a fortnight ago they had never even heard of it.

Mates who argue passionately about May and Eagles when a fortnight ago they had never even heard of them
  • On last night’s show (before I fell asleep) Cox spent an age explaining the effects of the Moon’s gravitation on tides. He then hitched a ride on a Typhoon jet to prove (in effect) that the World is round. Com’on this is not rocket science, he’s just dressed himself in the King’s new clothes!

Cox out … ahem.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!