Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Reply with a simple text...

Yup as you said, helpful as always... Your welcome, now why are you going out when you should be in the kitchen making my dinner!!
  • Reply with a simple text...

Yup as you said, helpful as always... Your welcome, now why are you going out when you should be in the kitchen making my dinner!!

she may have needed the car to go grocery shopping
  • Reply with a simple text...

I can't complain to much so was going out to pick something up for me.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

I work in a mental health hospital, by my office there is clearly a door which has a security coded lock on it.

Why do people still feel the need to bang and try and open the door when if they dont know the code it is never going to open?! The keypad is not there for decoration.

I think you've answered your own question in the first sentence.
  • rina said:

A good wife will use online shopping so she doesnt have to leave the house!!!!
  • Fiiiiiish said:

I work in a mental health hospital, by my office there is clearly a door which has a security coded lock on it.

Why do people still feel the need to bang and try and open the door when if they dont know the code it is never going to open?! The keypad is not there for decoration.

I think you've answered your own question in the first sentence.
    ....it's staff trying to get in....
  • rina said:

You're getting married soon - you will see things change rapidly.
  • People on busy trains who don't have the foresight to put their backpacks by their feet to make the journey 1% less shit than it already is

Or keep them on their laps when they're sitting down rather than in the gangway
    Or better still, put them in the luggage rack.
  • rina said:

You're getting married soon - you will see things change rapidly.
    Just hoping she dont log on to this thread ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• People on busy trains who don't have the foresight to put their backpacks by their feet to make the journey 1% less shit than it already is

I get more annoyed with those who deliberately sit in an aisle seat thinking that it will discourage others from taking the adjoining window seat. The other day I heard someone ask someone to move so that they could get to the vacant seat and the reply was, 'but that means I'll have to stand up'. This pathetic creature looked so hacked off when the other one explained that she expected her to move anyway.
  • Stig said:

People on busy trains who don't have the foresight to put their backpacks by their feet to make the journey 1% less shit than it already is

I get more annoyed with those who deliberately sit in an aisle seat thinking that it will discourage others from taking the adjoining window seat. The other day I heard someone ask someone to move so that they could get to the vacant seat and the reply was, 'but that means I'll have to stand up'. This pathetic creature looked so hacked off when the other one explained that she expected her to move anyway.
    I always used to sit on the outside seat because as someone who is over 6ft tall I felt as though I'd get more leg room.

Although whenever someone wanted to sit by the window I'd move out the way so they've got the space to get in there.

When you ask someone in that position to move and then get given a look like your something nasty on their shoe, they're the ones that deserve to have their foot stamped on!!
  • Stig said:

People on busy trains who don't have the foresight to put their backpacks by their feet to make the journey 1% less shit than it already is

I always used to sit on the outside seat because as someone who is over 6ft tall I felt as though I'd get more leg room.

Although whenever someone wanted to sit by the window I'd move out the way so they've got the space to get in there.

When you ask someone in that position to move and then get given a look like your something nasty on their shoe, they're the ones that deserve to have their foot stamped on!!
    That's all well and good until some big fat fucker wants to sit on the inside and their fat arse takes up one and half seats!
  • Stig said:

That's all well and good until some big fat fucker wants to sit on the inside and their fat arse takes up one and half seats!
    I'm a right skinny shit though so barely take up half of my seat anyway ;)
  • Stig said:

I get more annoyed when middle classed suits and pen pushers who sit down all day shirking, take all the seats up on the train home, so me and my oppos, the backbone of the country, have to stand by the doors even though we've been grafting all day. Remember always think to meself, at least I can sit down after Sidcup stop......
  • edited July 2016
    Macronate said:

Sitting on the banks of a lake fishing and enjoying the peace and quiet. Only for the phone to ring and my wife to ask "do you know where my car keys are"

Me "seeing as they're your car keys, how the hell would I know? They're probably in your hand bag along with the tonne of shit you cart about"

Her "helpful as always" and hangs up.

30 seconds later a text come through. "It's ok I found them, they were in my bag"

hmm, sounds to me as if she knew full well where her keys were and that she was just ringing you to check that you were still fishing

#thecoastisclearnowmilkman
    Or she was simply checking to make sure he wasn't down the pub again.

Dont worry Ricky when you get home we'll back you up if your wife wants to ask us... @Macronate will confirm that you were fishing whilst I'll let her know that your still at the lake
  • It must be depressing to be the only person no one sits next to on the train because you are taking up nearly two seats and even the thinnest eating disorder coach sharer can't fit their skinny self in the gap.

Better sort that depression out with a couple of slabs of chocolate, a pie and two cakes when you get to work.

Eating disorders work both ways folks.

Any chance we could solve this dislike by being a bit nicer to everyone? Maybe Valium in the water supply or something?
  • It must be depressing to be the only person no one sits next to on the train because you are taking up nearly two seats and even the thinnest eating disorder coach sharer can't fit their skinny self in the gap.

Better sort that depression out with a couple of slabs of chocolate, a pie and two cakes when you get to work.

Eating disorders work both ways folks.

Any chance we could solve this dislike by being a bit nicer to everyone? Maybe Valium in the water supply or something?

I hope you buy two train tickets when traveling...
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Stig said:

I get more annoyed when middle classed suits and pen pushers who sit down all day shirking, take all the seats up on the train home, so me and my oppos, the backbone of the country, have to stand by the doors even though we've been grafting all day. Remember always think to meself, at least I can sit down after Sidcup stop......
    It's high time they re-introduced 3rd class travel (open carriages and wooden seats) for the manual labourers. When I'm going home in my smart business suit I don't want to be pushed together with someone who has sweaty pits, dusty knees and a big bag of rusty tools.
    I know my place, but a seat is a seat at the end of the day I spose
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

It's high time they re-introduced 3rd class travel (open carriages and wooden seats) for the manual labourers. When I'm going home in my smart business suit I don't want to be pushed together with someone who has sweaty pits, dusty knees and a big bag of rusty tools.
    Might as well have all the First-Class trains going down the Bexleyheath line then in that case
  • cabbles said:

Previously on the Otto's. Ricky went out for a couple of lunchtime pints and then returned to the same pub for dinner but this time accompanied by Mrs Otto.......She found out he'd been there twice in one day......

Sitting on the banks of a lake fishing and enjoying the peace and quiet. Only for the phone to ring and my wife to ask "do you know where my car keys are"

Me "seeing as they're your car keys, how the hell would I know? They're probably in your hand bag along with the tonne of shit you cart about"

30 seconds later a text come through. "It's ok I found them, they were in my bag"

Join us again tomorrow for another episode of at home with the Otto's, exclusive to the general things that annoy you thread on Charlton Life

:wink:
    It's going to be a really boring day with the ottos tomorrow I'm afraid. Unless you want updates on laying a wood floor.
  • cabbles said:

Previously on the Otto's. Ricky went out for a couple of lunchtime pints and then returned to the same pub for dinner but this time accompanied by Mrs Otto.......She found out he'd been there twice in one day......

Join us again tomorrow for another episode of at home with the Otto's, exclusive to the general things that annoy you thread on Charlton Life

It's going to be a really boring day with the ottos tomorrow I'm afraid. Unless you want updates on laying a wood floor.
    All done to the theme tune of Terry and June.....
  • Dazzler21 said:

You have got to stop that :neutral:

I keep that picture in my wallet, three times I've had my pocket picked and three times its been found with the cash and cards still in there. ;)
  • T.C.E said:

Dazzler21 said:

You have got to stop that :neutral:

I keep that picture in my wallet, three times I've had my pocket picked and three times its been found with the cash and cards still in there. ;)
    Put me right off my lunch....
  • cabbles said:

I'm sure you can find something in that activity to put a post on here....I know DIY is a particular rage enducing activity for me
  • People who seem to suggest 34 is older than Noah.

People who say "years of age" rather than "years old" (can't explain why, just annoys me)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!