Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• cabbles said:

People that want to tell you how hard they're working. Stop seeking recognition or validation for your efforts

Seems to be a bit of a thing with the retired British immigrants out here that, "we've been so busy" - "we never watch the telly" - "he's worked so hard"
  • Glasses like this.

Just as you think you’ve moderated the flow a huge tidal wave of beer smacks you in the face and ends up on your shirt ... Or is that just me?

That glass looks empty
  • edited June 2016

Glasses like this.

Just as you think you’ve moderated the flow a huge tidal wave of beer smacks you in the face and ends up on your shirt ... Or is that just me?

That glass looks empty
    Looks full to me
  • edited June 2016
    Lee Novak. Or to be exact, people calling him Lee Nowak.
  • Cyclists on Pavements. Especially when they expect you to move out of their way.
  • edited June 2016
    People who stand in shop doorways or supermarket isles talking. They start huffing and puffing when you ask them to get past.

I really think I could turn in to Derek Bird this afternoon.
  • Cyclists on Pavements. Especially when they expect you to move out of their way.

Was soooooo tempted to kick one off his bike the other day and tell the stupid c*** which was pavement and which was road. This is what this last week has reduced me to....
  • Sponsored links:

• The fact that people delivering flyers house to house leave them sticking out of the letter box rather than opening the letter box and pushing them through.
  • Rush hour, train is packed and some prick just has to try and force their bike onto the train....tyres rubbing dirt on peoples legs. But don't worry mate, why cycle to the next stop when you can get a 4 min train journey.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Rush hour, train is packed and some prick just has to try and force their bike onto the train....tyres rubbing dirt on peoples legs. But don't worry mate, why cycle to the next stop when you can get a 4 min train journey.

Is There somekind of rule (that people ignore) about bikes on trains during certain hours? - or have I just made that up?
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Rush hour, train is packed and some prick just has to try and force their bike onto the train....tyres rubbing dirt on peoples legs. But don't worry mate, why cycle to the next stop when you can get a 4 min train journey.

Is There somekind of rule (that people ignore) about bikes on trains during certain hours? - or have I just made that up?
    Some general points
    If a cycle reservation is required please make it as far in advance as possible
    If a customer travelling with a bicycle has purchased an Advance ticket for a train on which cycles are permitted but cycle reservations are not possible and there is no room for the cycle on the booked train for the Advance ticket, the customer is allowed to travel on the next train with the Advance ticket on which there is cycle space available.
    Cycles are not carried during periods of restriction as listed below
    Please label your cycle clearly
    Please cover your folded cycle
    Tandems, tricycles and bicycle trailers are not carried unless otherwise stated
    Unaccompanied cycles cannot be carried on any services.
    Motorcycles cannot be carried on any services
    Cycles must be carried in the designated area on trains and must not obstruct doors or aisles
    Cycles are carried at owner’s risk (see National Rail Conditions of Carriage)
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Some general points
    If a customer travelling with a bicycle has purchased an Advance ticket for a train on which cycles are permitted but cycle reservations are not possible and there is no room for the cycle on the booked train for the Advance ticket, the customer is allowed to travel on the next train with the Advance ticket on which there is cycle space available.
    Cycles must be carried in the designated area on trains and must not obstruct doors or aisles
    I knew somebody on here would have the answer so I didn't bother with Google.
  • Charlton Life & National Rail web site, should be top of every supporters list :smile:
  • edited June 2016
    T.C.E said:

Your obviously doing something wrong, Never had that problem. They've always moved for me. ;)

Cyclists on Pavements. Especially when they expect you to move out of their way.

Only trouble is, that's a lot of dog shit to pick up.

• T.C.E said:

Your obviously doing something wrong, Never had that problem. They've always moved for me. ;)

Cyclists on Pavements. Especially when they expect you to move out of their way.

Swings and roundabouts...
  • T.C.E said:

Swings and roundabouts...
    I guess you could lob the dog dirt at a cyclist (one on the pavement)
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Some general points
    They should tow the cnuts behind
  • Sponsored links:

• The fact that people delivering flyers house to house leave them sticking out of the letter box rather than opening the letter box and pushing them through.

Nope, don't have a junk mail problem either. ;)
  • T.C.E said:

Goes with the job. ;)

• When you are working flat out too much stuff and risk letting things slide and then your boss casually mentions 2 more huge projects are going to be delivered by you in the next three months.
  • Oh, and sorry for annoying Cabbles there, that'll teach me to post without reading.
  • The tendency of tv channels to show the footage of goals filmed at eye level just before the adverts/end credits, giving you no perspective or idea of how good the strike is. Particularly annoying if you missed the goal during the actual match.
  • 'Comedians' on Question Time, fuck off
  • 'Comedians' on Question Time, fuck off

Is that on BBC?
  • Michael portillos's clothes blinding me
  • Putting the dead cigarettes into a packet and taking it out to the bin. Coming back and deciding to have a last cigarette only to find that I have the stub ends in the house and the live tabs in the bin.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!