Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Ah the old boom day. I got told about that one around 12 hours before my son had to turn up in costume.

Maybe the teacher mentioned it in a week update that I need a login for that I don't have.

So I get a message 'tomorrow is world book day, your son should turn up in fancy dress as his favourite book character.'

World 'turn up in what fancy dress you have in the cupboard' more like. Anyway we had been to see treasure island at the national or somewhere so I dressed him up as long John silver.

God knows how but I had full gear with the hat, the sword, the cap pistol, trousers and jacket. Even sent him in with the parrot having reminded him of the parrots lines.

What did I get what I dropped him off? 'Oh he's come as a pirate'. No he hasn't he's come as long John silver and what the fuck are all the rest of these Harry Potter parent doing to have Harry Potter outfits, and by the way using your Disney dress you bought for the last part does not mean your daugter's favourite book character is Snow White or whatever.

Next year we will work on it and he will go as Fantastic Mr Fox or something.

Just call it 'go as Harry Potter day' if you can't be arsed to give me enough notice to make it important for him.

Or don't do it at all.

Maybe touched a nerve that one.
  • I remember at my junior school, I must have been 9? When it was space day or something like that my dad gave me a suit and sent me as Patrick Moore. I even had to explain it to the teachers. I wasn't bullied in case you ask... parenting on this level taught me the art of the percussive put-down
  • McBobbin said:

I remember at my junior school, I must have been 9? When it was space day or something like that my dad gave me a suit and sent me as Patrick Moore. I even had to explain it to the teachers. I wasn't bullied in case you ask... parenting on this level taught me the art of the percussive put-down

Did you have a monocle in? I'd have got it right away if you did
  • McBobbin said:

I remember at my junior school, I must have been 9? When it was space day or something like that my dad gave me a suit and sent me as Patrick Moore. I even had to explain it to the teachers. I wasn't bullied in case you ask... parenting on this level taught me the art of the percussive put-down

That was the only thing I lacked
    I had the suit, the bad hair, the book, and the entirety misplaced sense of superiority
  • When I was a kid for some fancy dress thing I went as a Mexican bandit in a n outfit made from crepe paper. I won a prize for my bandito walk and my mum asked me where I learnt that walk but it was because the crepe paper trousers had split and I didn't want my pants to be seen by everyone.
  • McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

That was the only thing I lacked
    I had the suit, the bad hair, the book, and the entirety misplaced sense of superiority
    Shoulda said you were McBoJo
  • Or downed a bottle of port, some brandy, worked on what you wanted to say and gone as Winston Churchill.

Although many would say his sense of superiority was subservient to his ability.
  • Or downed a bottle of port, some brandy, worked on what you wanted to say and gone as Winston Churchill.

Although many would say his sense of superiority was subservient to his ability.

And entirely unrelated to space. Get a grip ;)
  • If I could have my time again I'd have gone as Carl Sagan
  • It was the brandy I tell you. I hadn't had enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• The law of averages says that some of those piss poor parents must read this. It generally annoys me that they don't have the guts to even try to defend their appalling way they are bringing up their offspring.
  • Passive aggressiveness annoys the shit out of me

• The law of averages says that some of those piss poor parents must read this. It generally annoys me that they don't have the guts to even try to defend their appalling way they are bringing up their offspring.

I was thinking the very same, Algarve.

My missus is a teacher - pretty much for the age group we're discussing here too. Some of the stories I get of an evening are terrible. From parents sending their kids to school with hygiene issues, parents refusing to get behavioural issues checked (because their kid will grow out of it..?) and so on. The ones that can't be arsed helping their kids with class activities are sadly some of the better ones I fear.

I feel for a lot of the kids to be honest.
  • The fact that my little girls nursery asked that all children come to class today dressed as their favourite superhero and to collect sponsorship for charity in the process. She was the only one that went in an outfit cos all the other kids parents couldn't be fucking bothered. Really pissed me off.

That boils my piss!

I'm eldest had to dress up as her favourite character from a book for national book week and half the kids either didn't bother or the boys came in their football kits and theirs mums just said "but that's all he reads about " they are 8 FFS, let them be kids and they might actually be able to read when they're older
    It's purely down to laziness of parents. Happens at the school where my youngest 2 go. Really disgusts me.
    You don't know the half of it. The things my missus tells me about parents at her school astound me at times. Naturally, she doesn't name names but some complain about the homework their kids are set and state they don't have time to hear them read. Ice cream for breakfast "because they won't eat anything else", TV's left on in rooms until they go to sleep etc.
    These are the parents that will no doubt be on Jeremy Kyle when they grow up/outwards/lose their permanent teeth.
  • edited June 2016
    Getting an email at 1045 asking me to trek up to the office, as the end-client has questions.

I wouldn't mind but I just know that those questions will be aimed at one of the permanently off-site contractors, and I'll be trekking up there to spend the day twiddling my thumbs yet again. It's 2016, forward me the end-client questions and get me on Skype FFS!

Not to mention that technically my contract ran out yesterday - so how they expect me to bill for it I don't know either, I have no protection: not a leg to stand on. Besides, Oxford Circus has been shit at 6pm this week - and if you think I'm going to walk down to Victoria for a third night running, just to go home - eat, pack, and fuck off back out then you're wrong.
  • People who start a sentence with:

"I'm not racist but......"

You just know they're going to follow it up with something racist
  • Normally something spectacularly racist. A MOAB of bigotry
  • People who start a sentence with:

"I'm not racist but......"

You just know they're going to follow it up with something racist

Similar to "No offence, but..." - when you know full well it's gonna be a smack-down of offensiveness.
  • "I'm not being funny, but... " is also rarely funny, normally just offensive.
  • Sponsored links:

• The expression "my bad" .

It doesn't make any sense.
  • People that want to tell you how hard they're working. Stop seeking recognition or validation for your efforts
  • edited June 2016

The expression "my bad" .

It doesn't make any sense.

"My bad" does kind of make sense.

"How on earth did you manage to crash into me?"

"I wasn't concentrating, I take ownership of the fact I am at fault"
    or
    "I wasn't concentrating, my bad"
  • People that are too dim to just step off the dlr at Canary Wharf in order to let people out.

It really isn't that difficult to work out surely?
  • People that are too dim to just step off the dlr at Canary Wharf in order to let people out.

It really isn't that difficult to work out surely?

You get that on all trains... The worst ones give you a look that says: Where do you expect me to go!!
  • Having got a piece of planning permission turned down last night, we're digging in for the coming months, all over a piece of land directly in front of our home, so no doubt we'll move to the next level, and start writing cheques.
  • Glasses like this.

Just as you think you’ve moderated the flow a huge tidal wave of beer smacks you in the face and ends up on your shirt ... Or is that just me?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!