Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• people sharing jokes that are exclusive to their group of mates. They often lead with 'this is classic, listen to this'

Yes, very classic. Classic for your mates because you have a bond and have shared previous jokes and laughs etc that make you more likely to laugh at things that neutrals won't find funny. just keep it to yourself
  • When knobs ask what way is everyone voting on Facebook, someone saying "Shake it all about" after a few INS and OUTS
  • Grown men crying at football matches. I've seen this a few times at these Euros.
    God only knows what they are going to be like at the birth of their first child.

Blow a vuvuzualla
    I ain't blowing anything pal, except a brass instrument maybe.
  • When knobs ask what way is everyone voting on Facebook, someone saying "Shake it all about" after a few INS and OUTS

People who get hokey cokey about things.
  • edited June 2016
    Macronate said:

When knobs ask what way is everyone voting on Facebook, someone saying "Shake it all about" after a few INS and OUTS

People who get hokey cokey about things.
    Then they just turn around. Still, I guess that's what it's all about.

I always thought it was a song in honour of the news reader - Femi Oke.
  • This humidity. the fact the air con isn't working in my office and having just looked at the weather report it seems we're going to have this bollocks for the foreseeable
  • People who decide how to vote re Europe based on 'celebrity' opinion.

Tbh this is me, the fact sol Campbell, Ian Botham and Katie Hopkins are voting leave has put me right off that campaign.
    But then Geldof says Remain....
  • The following phrases / words:-
    "we go again". I get the sentiment, but there are better ways of expressing it.
    "no-mark". Often used on here. It supposedly captures everything about the targets credentials, but in reality captures none.
    "narrative". We've always had narratives, but nowadays everything seems to have to have one. Why?
    "Closure". What did people seek before they started to seek closure? I don't think it existed before the 90's..
    "no-mark". Often used on here. It supposedly captures everything about the targets credentials, but in reality captures none.
    "narrative". We've always had narratives, but nowadays everything seems to have to have one. Why?
    "Closure". What did people seek before they started to seek closure? I don't think it existed before the 90's..

or it could be when when a female isn't up for a bedsheet fumble and wants to let her husband Mark know.

That "we go again" one wound me up as well. I remember JBG using it a few times after defeats the season before last. Of course we go again. Why didn't we 'go' to an acceptable level in the 1st place
  • Sponsored links:

• Having a running race cancelled because of flooding. Just make it a triathlon ffs
  • McBobbin said:

Having a running race cancelled because of flooding. Just make it a triathlon ffs

What if someone cant swim?
  • McBobbin said:

Having a running race cancelled because of flooding. Just make it a triathlon ffs

What if someone cant swim?
    This is competion! Use the weak as canoes!
  • Sons school sports day is at risk of cancellation apparently. When I look at the weather forecast for tomorrow it looks hot and sunny.
  • edited June 2016

Sons school sports day is at risk of cancellation apparently. When I look at the weather forecast for tomorrow it looks hot and sunny.

In the sprints, does your son always kneel at the start (sorry, used that one before)
  • The wife when asking me what way I voted.
    when I asked her "don't be so nosey"
  • Just see the new Ghostbusters trailer. That was very annoying.
  • That Hank Williams died aged only 29.
  • Sons school sports day is at risk of cancellation apparently. When I look at the weather forecast for tomorrow it looks hot and sunny.

In the sprints, does your son always kneel at the start (sorry, used that one before)
    Nah he doesn't enter the sprints because his best mate nashon beats everyone by about 30 yards. Same as Nashon's dad victor beats all the dads by a similar distance. Last year victor had to run twice to give all the competitive dads a go.

Roo's more into the three legged race with a female partner. Fair play to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• BBQs in Parks

We're not in Aus****ingstralia.

Go rounds your mates house or down the pub or move to Zone 4.
  • When you're trying to maneuver into a space at a supermarket and some dozy pillock can't wait 2 seconds and tries to squeeze a trolley between your moving vehicle and other cars.
  • iaitch said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Pre match presentations at big games. Most of the time it's Sponsors and puffed up nobodies, If there are no royals present put in some relevant ex-managers or ex-players. The players must look at the people shaking their hands and think, who are you?

The sponsors are the people helping to pay your wages.

My wages? Nope, never worked for Johnson's Paint, Capital One or whoever the latest sponsors are, as far as I can remember.

• BBQs in Parks

We're not in Aus****ingstralia.

Go rounds your mates house or down the pub or move to Zone 4.

If they were also playing Frisby, or even worse boomerang, an all, let me know where and I'll take me Kangoo Van off road for that.

• People who say "somethink" instead of "something".

Divs
  • McBobbin said:

people need to MTFU. this is what we had to run on tonight

• People who say "somethink" instead of "something".

Divs

Summink alright though
  • Whoever it was that started the "pencils are used in elections so the govt can change your vote" rumour. Whatever know-nothing cockwomble started that one deserves to have their balls extruded through an electric socket while the power's still on.
  • edited June 2016
    Stig said:

Whoever it was that started the "pencils are used in elections so the govt can change your vote" rumour. Whatever know-nothing cockwomble started that one deserves to have their balls extruded through an electric socket while the power's still on.

What really pisses me off is that they seem to miss the point... If you want to throw the referendum then you'd simply just print duplicate ballot papers off and pre-mark them. Doctoring existing ballot papers would take time and effort that isn't needed, just pre-prepare a box and swap them around on the way to the count.

Is MI5 really going to be saying to their staff at 2201 this evening "Alright chaps, who's up for some overtime? Here's a box, here's a rubber and here's a pencil.. you know what to do."?
  • Stig said:

Whoever it was that started the "pencils are used in elections so the govt can change your vote" rumour. Whatever know-nothing cockwomble started that one deserves to have their balls extruded through an electric socket while the power's still on.

I'm more annoyed by the idiots who believe such a ridiculous suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!