Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• and play that funny little left, right game with approaching pedestrians.

Used to suffer this chronically. Learned that if you stare/ focus over the shoulder on the side you intend to pass you'll never suffer it again. It works a treat.

You might end up missing the old pavement tangos though.
  • The just eat Chicken Madras advert - I hope she got raw chicken and rice that was reheated.

She is a bit fit though...
  • Dazzler21 said:

The just eat Chicken Madras advert - I hope she got raw chicken and rice that was reheated.

She is a bit fit though...
    She won't be if she keeps getting take aways.
  • The dumbing down of language on TV.
    Was enjoying a BBC doc on space yesterday when the narrator said that mars was "way colder" than the Atacama Desert. Turned it straight off.
  • Seperate threads about general things that annoy you.
  • Maybe you should cull a few then the others may speed up?
  • cabbles said:

Slow walkers (again). I say again because I've mentioned it numerous times before. Basically if you're a slow walker, leave London. The city is just too fast for you now. You haven't evolved and changed to cope with the modern day world. This is exactly what Darwin was talking about in evolutionary terms.

Don't go to the supermarket, don't zig zag across pavements and just stay at home or move to the Home Counties and work there.

The majority of these slow walkers are dawdling along gawping at their Ipads watching a film or their mobile phone playing Candy Crush.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Slow walkers (again). I say again because I've mentioned it numerous times before. Basically if you're a slow walker, leave London. The city is just too fast for you now. You haven't evolved and changed to cope with the modern day world. This is exactly what Darwin was talking about in evolutionary terms.

Don't go to the supermarket, don't zig zag across pavements and just stay at home or move to the Home Counties and work there.

The majority of these slow walkers are dawdling along gawping at their Ipads watching a film or their mobile phone playing Candy Crush.
    Then when they walk into you they look at you as if its your fault.
  • EastStand said:

The dumbing down of language on TV.
    Was enjoying a BBC doc on space yesterday when the narrator said that mars was "way colder" than the Atacama Desert. Turned it straight off.

• The innate ability I have to be in the way. It’s not a skill that one can learn or develop, you either have it or you don’t. I sometimes wonder if I am being tested by a higher being.

Yesterday I was waiting for an Amazon parcel in a Tesco Express. The manager was gone for five minutes looking for it - the shop was empty save for a shop girl who wanted to stack a shelf - the one where I was standing. The location that I chose to move to happened to be in front of the second shelf she wanted to attend to. I decided to decamp to a completely different aisle. A customer then came into the shop and I immediately knew that she would want to check out the pasta stuff - cos that was where I was standing. Sure enough …

I can also easily locate and block where cleaners want to sweep, stand in the main through-route of a crowded pub and play that funny little left, right game with approaching pedestrians.

I feel your pain!

Why us?

Do people see us unobtrusively try to find a corner way from everybody and think you WILL join in you bastard! Or am I expessing just a smidgin (only a smidgin mind) of paranoia?

There's a Phd there for someone clever I reckon.
  • LenGlover said:

The innate ability I have to be in the way. It’s not a skill that one can learn or develop, you either have it or you don’t. I sometimes wonder if I am being tested by a higher being.

Yesterday I was waiting for an Amazon parcel in a Tesco Express. The manager was gone for five minutes looking for it - the shop was empty save for a shop girl who wanted to stack a shelf - the one where I was standing. The location that I chose to move to happened to be in front of the second shelf she wanted to attend to. I decided to decamp to a completely different aisle. A customer then came into the shop and I immediately knew that she would want to check out the pasta stuff - cos that was where I was standing. Sure enough …

I can also easily locate and block where cleaners want to sweep, stand in the main through-route of a crowded pub and play that funny little left, right game with approaching pedestrians.

I feel your pain!

Why us?

Do people see us unobtrusively try to find a corner way from everybody and think you WILL join in you bastard! Or am I expessing just a smidgin (only a smidgin mind) of paranoia?

There's a Phd there for someone clever I reckon.
    Magnetism :wink:
  • The fact that when you hunting through things whether it be paper / boxes or whatever, the thing you want will either not be there (wasting your time) or it'll be right at the bottom of the pile...

You then learn from your mistake and the next time you have to hunt through things you remember the last time you wanted was right at the bottom so thats where you start this time, but no, this time the thing you want is right at the bloody top!!
  • People parking outside my house. I don't park there myself and I know I don't own that piece of road but it just annoys me that someone has parked in front of my house when they could park elsewhere.
    Also people who cant be bothered to walk on my driveway and instead walk on my grass.

People parking outside my house. I don't park there myself and I know I don't own that piece of road but it just annoys me that someone has parked in front of my house when they could park elsewhere.

That is a weird one, I'll grant you that. Is it because they intrude on your view of the Eiffel Tower, or the Serengeti?

People parking outside my house. I don't park there myself and I know I don't own that piece of road but it just annoys me that someone has parked in front of my house when they could park elsewhere.

That is a weird one, I'll grant you that. Is it because they intrude on your view of the Eiffel Tower, or the Serengeti?
    Oh good. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought this was a strange 1.

How dare people park in, what I gather is, an open parking slot on a public street
  • people walking across my drive to get to the neighbors house, i don't mean cutting the corner off i mean cutting right across the drive.
  • Sponsored links:

• people walking across my drive to get to the neighbors house, i don't mean cutting the corner off i mean cutting right across the drive.

Land mines are the way to go. Dont come home pissed up one night though and forget where you put them. My advice is let the missus walk a few paces ahead of you.

Land mines are the way to go. Dont come home pissed up one night though and forget where you put them. My advice is let the missus walk a few paces ahead of you.
    I won't be going home ever again then!
  • Stig said:

When cats puke, they never go out but instead pick the nicest bit of carpet in the middle of the living room to do it. And if you chase them they still don't go out, but run upstairs and puke in the most awkward place under the bed.

I do a blinding impression of a cat being sick, was even thinking about going on Britain's Got Talent and maybe taking it to Broadway
  • You guys with drives, honestly first world problems. Still I got riled the other day, I have a car and a campervan that I pay an exorbitant amount a year for residents parking.

I live opposite halstow school so I park the van in the residents bays outside the school rather than outside someone's house.

So far so considerate I thought.

Until some guy from over the road asked me to move it because he couldn't see round it easily enough when pulling out up the road and he had nearly had an accident....

I moved it a space further up the road. Tosser.

Does sound a bit weird but I bet I'm not the only one who gets a little irritated by this, even if they won't admit it. I know it annoys annoys my neighbours so I would say it annoys lots of people.
  • Stig said:

Going to the bar and forgetting that I'm wearing my invisibility cloak.

Surely your loud hailer makes up for that?
  • Stig said:

When cats puke, they never go out but instead pick the nicest bit of carpet in the middle of the living room to do it. And if you chase them they still don't go out, but run upstairs and puke in the most awkward place under the bed.

I do a blinding impression of a cat being sick, was even thinking about going on Britain's Got Talent and maybe taking it to Broadway
    As you're about to yak please go and stand over Amanda Holden. Then we'll see what sort of stupid facial expression she pulls
  • Any Real Madrid fan that's booed Ronaldo.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!