Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Bit like when you go McDonalds and the tomato sauce comes out in a fuckin sachet and not a pot, how are we expected to dip the fries in a sachet ffs
  • I end up suckin the sauce out and spitting it on me fries
  • ...if I don't get at least 2 flags there, I'll be asking for me money back

It's Tuesday morning - all the Guardian readers are collecting their housing benefit. You'll have more luck this evening
    Change the record
  • Bit like when you go McDonalds and the tomato sauce comes out in a fuckin sachet and not a pot, how are we expected to dip the fries in a sachet ffs

People that call chips "fries" this is not France ffs. ;)
  • T.C.E said:

Bit like when you go McDonalds and the tomato sauce comes out in a fuckin sachet and not a pot, how are we expected to dip the fries in a sachet ffs

People that call chips "fries" this is not France ffs. ;)
    I had chips typed out and was ready to post, but deleted it coz Mcd's do actually refer to their deep fried potatoes as fries.

Point taken though

; )
  • Think you meant i_b_b_o_r_g-esque there pal
  • When attending homes of small breed dog owners, (miniature yorkie last week) and after addressing a constant yapping problem and asking if there is anything else I can help with, she tells me "he pulls on the lead and hurts her shoulder" (it's about size of Bailey's head ffs) I ended up walking around her garden in the foetal position teaching the dog to walk properly. Still can't straighten up. ;)
  • See my comment of the "General things that please you" thread.

When you stand by and defend a player (and their mistakes) for so long they still get worse and worse making you look like a complete and utter idiot who doesnt have a scooby about anything to do with Football (Reza)
  • Matt Baker---nob incarnate.
    People who seem to think that the word passion is needed every time they talk and
    can't be bothered to consider any other description.
    Same with stunning.
    People who say pacific instead of specific.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheap shite kitchen goods. I've been through about 3 tin openers in two years. I'm sure my parents have had the same one about 30 years
  • Matt Baker---nob incarnate.
    People who seem to think that the word passion is needed every time they talk and
    can't be bothered to consider any other description.
    Same with stunning.
    People who say pacific instead of specific.

Sounds as though you are stunningly criticising my pacific passion for Charlton

• edited April 2016
    Blokes who wear a suit and trainers on their way to work. There is one on my train with a pair of really lairy coloured running trainers that must be about 2 sizes to big for him.
  • People who swipe their Oyster card and then spend ages looking how much money they have left on it whilst there is a queue of people waiting to swipe.
  • edited April 2016
    Thinking about it, people in general.
  • Pigeons
    Seagulls
    Magpies
    Grey Squirrels
  • Them lazy feckers (usually Jeremy Kyle customers) who sit in their cars eating McDonalds then instead of taking their rubbish to the bin about 5 feet away they just open their door and dump it on the floor.

As bad as those who leave their rubbish on seats on public transport or public areas. Infuriates me. Lazy bastards...
  • McBobbin said:

Cheap shite kitchen goods. I've been through about 3 tin openers in two years. I'm sure my parents have had the same one about 30 years

Ring pull cans are the way to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pigeons
    Seagulls
    Magpies
    Grey Squirrels

Pideons = General licence (Woodpigeon edible)
    Seagulls (Lessser Black Backed ONLY) = General licence.
    Magpies = General licence.
    Grey squirrels = Non native to the UK and edible.

Get yourself a decent air rifle and obey the laws and you're away pal
  • Belgian squirrels - kill by any means nessecary.
  • Belgian squirrels - kill by any means nessecary.

General licence, but not edible.
  • McBobbin said:

Cheap shite kitchen goods. I've been through about 3 tin openers in two years. I'm sure my parents have had the same one about 30 years

Just pinch theirs then when it comes up in general conversation that their trusted tin opener has gone walkies buy them one of the cheap shite ones you're so keen on.
  • Cat food pouches. Not only do they fucking stink, half of it gets stuck inside and won't squeeze out.

Cats
  • Blokes who wear a suit and trainers on their way to work. There is one on my train with a pair of really lairy coloured running trainers that must be about 2 sizes to big for him.

People who swipe their Oyster card and then spend ages looking how much money they have left on it whilst there is a queue of people waiting to swipe.

Thinking about it - people in general.

Not a morning person then?
  • Stig said:

Belgian squirrels - kill by any means nessecary.

General licence, but not edible.
    Not even if hidden in a pulled pork sandwich?
  • Overuse of the words proportionate and unproportionate (not the proper disproportionate though, which is rarely used). When did this sneak in?

Workshop used to mean anything other than a small place for making and mending - especially the modern verb form.

Transparent/transparency, when referring to policies and practices.

Passion/passionate - see @johnnyhumphrey (above)

Strategic, strategic, strategic. Strategy. Strategic proposal. Strategic objectives. Strategic thinking. Strategically placed. Strategic business unit. Strategic architect (actually 'architect' when used to mean anything but a designer of buildings needs a mention in its own right). Gadzooks, does anyone in business realise that not everything is strategy? Bloody Michael Porter has got so much to answer for.

Solutions when used to mean anything but liquid suspensions. It's getting used all over the place now in the most ridiculous of circumstances. I just had a quick look on Yell and found companies called, Local Vehicle Solutions, Sewing Solutions Maidstone*, Cleaning Solutions (I really hope they're just selling bottles of detergent), Platinum Motoring Solutions (I bet the insurance is sky high on those platinum motors), A1 Roofing Solutions (even more expensive is putting a lid on a major trunk road), Sabre Solutions (for people experiencing difficulties with their curved swords), Completech (Completech - wtf!) Solutions, Smart Solutions Recruitment and K9 Solutions. What a load of old crud. These businesses should only be allowed to award themselves the 'solutions' moniker if the have a giant blender that they use to mash all that stuff up into a giant smoothie. Cleaning Solutions might not be very palatable, but K9 Solutions, Mmmm that'll sort the men out from the vegans.

Actually what I hate most of all is Bullshit Bingo.

*Another annoyance is web based service-directories that are incapable of recognising that there's a major river in between me and the business they are recommending. I live in Essex, so I certainly don't want to go to Maidstone for my sewing solutions.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!