Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• You're blowing it all out of proportionate, Stig.

People who deliberately barge you when you're quite obviously half stepping to avoid such barge. If I was prepared for said barge I would win the mini street battle, but if I'm just walking the street I don't fancy a shoulder barge.
  • McBobbin said:

Cheap shite kitchen goods. I've been through about 3 tin openers in two years. I'm sure my parents have had the same one about 30 years

Had one of these for about a year - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Culinare-MagiCan-Can-Opener-White/dp/B000SUMDCK

So far so good. Prior to that, same as you - found myself trying to saw open a can of beans with a bread knife cos 3-month old tin opener had ceased to work.
  • Kanye West.

Theres not many people id wish death on, paedo's, rapists, RD....but this prick needs to leave this earth. Everything about him pisses me off. His music, his fat little shit face, the bollocks he spurts in mainstream media, his fat arse attention whore of a wife, his clothes...the blokes all wrong.

• lolwray said:

Cat food pouches. Not only do they fucking stink, half of it gets stuck inside and won't squeeze out.

Cats
    People who don't like cats are 89% more likely to be psychopaths than those who do. *

* I may have made that up.
  • I hate cats
  • Norvverners tend to be the only people who can be 'passionate' about anything. Matt Baker

lolwray said:

Cat food pouches. Not only do they fucking stink, half of it gets stuck inside and won't squeeze out.

Cats
    People who don't like cats are 89% more likely to be psychopaths than those who do. *

100% of cat owners are accomplices to the wholesale slaughter of millions of song birds per year, worldwide.

*fact
  • Norvverners tend to be the only people who can be 'passionate' about anything. Matt Baker

lolwray said:

Cats

100% of cat owners are accomplices to the wholesale slaughter of millions of song birds per year, worldwide.

*fact
    I anyone had a black cat pass them in the outside lane of the A2 last night, that was my fault. Apparently it was fast asleep outside my door when I let the dogs out for a late night dump. Sorry!!
  • stonemuse said:

I hate cats

QED mate... :smiley:

lolwray said:

Cats

*fact
    Good - noisy little fuckers... :wink:

lolwray said:

Cats

*fact
    I'm happy to hold my hand up to a dozen or so, but I'm not taking the rap for dickie bird genocide.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Overuse of the words proportionate and unproportionate (not the proper disproportionate though, which is rarely used). When did this sneak in?

Workshop used to mean anything other than a small place for making and mending - especially the modern verb form.

Transparent/transparency, when referring to policies and practices.

Passion/passionate - see @johnnyhumphrey (above)

Strategic, strategic, strategic. Strategy. Strategic proposal. Strategic objectives. Strategic thinking. Strategically placed. Strategic business unit. Strategic architect (actually 'architect' when used to mean anything but a designer of buildings needs a mention in its own right). Gadzooks, does anyone in business realise that not everything is strategy? Bloody Michael Porter has got so much to answer for.

Solutions when used to mean anything but liquid suspensions. It's getting used all over the place now in the most ridiculous of circumstances. I just had a quick look on Yell and found companies called, Local Vehicle Solutions, Sewing Solutions Maidstone*, Cleaning Solutions (I really hope they're just selling bottles of detergent), Platinum Motoring Solutions (I bet the insurance is sky high on those platinum motors), A1 Roofing Solutions (even more expensive is putting a lid on a major trunk road), Sabre Solutions (for people experiencing difficulties with their curved swords), Completech (Completech - wtf!) Solutions, Smart Solutions Recruitment and K9 Solutions. What a load of old crud. These businesses should only be allowed to award themselves the 'solutions' moniker if the have a giant blender that they use to mash all that stuff up into a giant smoothie. Cleaning Solutions might not be very palatable, but K9 Solutions, Mmmm that'll sort the men out from the vegans.

Actually what I hate most of all is Bullshit Bingo.

*Another annoyance is web based service-directories that are incapable of recognising that there's a major river in between me and the business they are recommending. I live in Essex, so I certainly don't want to go to Maidstone for my sewing solutions.

Logistics. When used as a suffix for a company name.
    They are delivery companies not a NASA type organisation.
  • People that talk about their pets like they are children.
  • stonemuse said:

I hate cats

QED mate... :smiley:
    Oi you :wink:
  • Blokes who wear a suit and trainers on their way to work. There is one on my train with a pair of really lairy coloured running trainers that must be about 2 sizes to big for him.

People who swipe their Oyster card and then spend ages looking how much money they have left on it whilst there is a queue of people waiting to swipe.

Thinking about it - people in general.

Not a morning person then?
    No.

The just eat Chicken Madras advert - I hope she got raw chicken and rice that was reheated.

Or evening either :smile:
  • Doing my swede in.......... we know we have a big job to bring back fans like yourself to The Valley, but the staff here are trying hard to improve things at the club.
  • T.C.E said:

People that talk about their pets like they are children.

One of my "Babies" rehearsing introducing himself to VG ;)
    With a snarl like that, I'd prefer you introduce him to Douchbag.
  • Stig said:

T.C.E said:

Easy to get the wrong impression, I'd just thrown him a chicken wing. Not being vicious at all ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• But can he be trained to be vicious towards certain sneering or senile individuals? And how many do you have?
  • The fact that the new Herbal Essences shampoo advert has a warning at the bottom of the screen saying *Please don't shampoo your eyes
  • T.C.E said:

Haha I love dogs mate, he's/she's a beauty.
  • Have to admit I am getting tired of reading the amount of times emails to the club are being posted on here along with the replies... i.e. Its always the same thing back and forth now, its not like we're being told different stories each time.

On second though maybe I'll post a letter conversation between me and the bank on here!!
  • People who support Charlton sucking up to Liverpool - Eeeuugghhhh...
  • T.C.E said:

Stig said:

T.C.E said:

Easy to get the wrong impression, I'd just thrown him a chicken wing. Not being vicious at all ;)
    @T.C.E - Chicken wing? I always thought chicken bones were one of those things that should never be given to dogs because they can choke on them - is that a myth then?
  • T.C.E said:

Stig said:

T.C.E said:

@T.C.E - Chicken wing? I always thought chicken bones were one of those things that should never be given to dogs because they can choke on them - is that a myth then?
    Very much a myth. Cooked bones should never be given to dogs, there is pretty much the same chance of a dog choking on a raw bone as there is us on a cooked one. Nothing mine like more than a chicken carcass or a pigs head ;)
  • Well I never.
    The infinitely deep font of knowledge that is Charlton Life delivers once again!
  • Stig said:

Receiving an email that has a little message at the bottom, 'sent from my Blackberry' or 'sent from my iPhone'. I don't bloody care what sort of machine you sent it from, it's of no consequence whatsoever to me.

Sent from my Muller Yoghurt Pot

An example of where it would be good to be able to 'like' and 'lol'
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!