Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Riviera said:

People who change their profile picture to the latest celebrity to die.

Yes annoying isn't it
  • People who don't like Eddie Izzard (or Jeff Stelling come to that...). :wink:

Cheers Algarve (:

Izzard is Palace as well.

Should point out, it's nothing to do with their charity work - full marks to them for that.
    In a sense it is their Charity work for me... i.e. they shove it down our throats that they're doing 27-marathons in the same number of days.

I'd love to do that myself or I'd love the walk the North Downs Way etc. in record timing but I cant because I've the small matter of work!!
    Over exaggeration in thread responses.

My ex-wife ran marathons and while I can think of worse things than running one marathon if you prepare well enough or go slow enough; needles in soft places etc would be worse; running 27 in 27 days shurely something no one would love to do.
    Nope you see I'd love to complete something like the North Downs Way in one straight attempt like when Jo Brand crossed the Pennines or I'd love to do one of run / walk / cycle from Coast to Coast in America simply for the challenge.
  • The word 'condemn'. Its just hot air now.
  • The "it's good but it's not quite Carling" adverts.
  • Macronate said:

people who spell creme eggs wrong.

Spelling police ;)
  • Riviera said:

People who change their profile picture to the latest celebrity to die.

Yes annoying isn't it
    Your KES avatar give the perfect response to that one ;-)
  • The amount of shirt-pulling that goes on in football nowadays. And players wrestling each other at corners. Frequently unpunished. How is this so prevalent in the game now ?
  • People writing "official" on a thread title when no-one has actually endorsed it as such...
  • People who can't take constructive criticism & instead just accuse me of being in a bad mood or having the hump which, in turn, actually puts me in a bad mood & gives me the hump!!
  • People who can't take constructive criticism & instead just accuse me of being in a bad mood or having the hump which, in turn, actually puts me in a bad mood & gives me the hump!!

Cheer up misery guts.
  • Sponsored links:

Cheer up misery guts.
    Oi, turn it in. Thats hardly constructive, given me the right hump now......
  • 'Me thinks'
  • Anyone that refers to emotions as 'feels'
  • 'Me thinks'

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

• The large figures on Sales banners that promote 50, 60 or even 70 percent off. On closer inspection they invariably are preceded with the words ‘up to’ in tiny letters. It’s so true what they say about the small print.
  • Builders who think it's OK to shout sexist crap at women, but get outraged when I "mistakenly" assume they are talking to me and reply that they aren't so bad themselves
  • McBobbin said:

Builders who think it's OK to shout sexist crap at women, but get outraged when I "mistakenly" assume they are talking to me and reply that they aren't so bad themselves

Embrace it.
  • People who call Duck Tape, Duct Tape.

For the record 'duck' refers to the type of material that was originally used to make such tape. It's a type of linen that's been around since 1640. First known use of duck tape is 1899. Duct tape is a much later corruption of this. First known use of the phrase duct tape is 1965.
  • Sponsored links:

• People who post on this thread starting out, 'People who...". It's not the people, but the things they do that annoy :wink:
  • edited March 2016
    Stig said:

People who call Duck Tape, Duct Tape.

For the record 'duck' refers to the type of material that was originally used to make such tape. It's a type of linen that's been around since 1640. First known use of duck tape is 1899. Duct tape is a much later corruption of this. First known use of the phrase duct tape is 1965.

Duck off Stig, you've really duct me off now. (:
  • Stig said:

People who post on this thread starting out, 'People who...". It's not the people, but the things they do that annoy :wink:

Sometimes it is the people as well
  • The weather turning from lovely to shite when I'm getting married tomorrow

The weather turning from lovely to shite when I'm getting married tomorrow

Congratulations

It pissed down on our wedding but still the best day of my life.

It pissed down on our wedding but still the best day of my life.
    Sadly Mrs Dave Mehmet didn't agree (:

Gutted
  • When you've been swimming, and just about to put your pants on and you drop them on the wet floor, and then have to drive home commando.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!