Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• I know grammar nazism of the pettiest of peeves, but if I see one more person on my facebook feed today write "your" when they mean "you're" I'm going to throw my phone out of the window.
  • I know grammar nazism of the pettiest of peeves, but if I see one more person on my facebook feed today write "your" when they mean "you're" I'm going to throw my phone out of the window.

Could have done with a comma after "you're".

Could have done with a comma after "you're".
    Could of done with a comma,,

Just sent you a friend request. Your gonna love me.....
  • Riviera said:

Why the rise from the dead of an imaginary man means I can't go and get some bits from Asda.

There is nothing imaginary about Jesus. He existed, that is an undisputed historical fact. Whether he rose from the dead or was the son of God or even if there is a God, are questions up for debate.
    The question of whether human beings can die and come back to life is up for debate is it?

In the case of Jesus it is, especially as hundreds of millions of people in the world believe that to be the case, even today.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Why the rise from the dead of an imaginary man means I can't go and get some bits from Asda.

There is nothing imaginary about Jesus. He existed, that is an undisputed historical fact. Whether he rose from the dead or was the son of God or even if there is a God, are questions up for debate.
    The question of whether human beings can die and come back to life is up for debate is it?

In the case of Jesus it is, especially as hundreds of millions of people in the world believe that to be the case, even today.
    It's obviously completely fabricated. Obviously.
  • edited March 2016

When you've been swimming, and just about to put your pants on and you drop them on the wet floor, and then have to drive home commando.

you could just take somebody else's.
    That sounds like the voice of experience.

When you've been swimming, and just about to put your pants on and you drop them on the wet floor, and then have to drive home commando.

you could just take somebody else's.
    That sounds like the voice of experience.
    When I said take somebody else's, I should have added probably best not to take then if the person is wearing them.

No experience, just a suggestion.
    Well, storm Katie did them some justice yesterday from the washing line, last seen 3 gardens away. And, no I'm not going round there to claim them.

On the garden lawn, or was your neighbour wearing them (:
    On the edge of the lawn, by the rose border. Probably a fitting end for them.

Indeed. RIP. Of course it wouldn't be a proper Charlton life send off without the condolences of @Brendan_O_Connell

I won't truly believe they're gone until he comments.
  • People who say... That player is shite, I could do better than him or All he does is run around, I could do that for half his wage

Bloody well go on then, show us what you can do on the world stage and prove to everyone why you should be playing for the best in the world rather than just writing about how good you are on an Internet Forum!!
  • The "Search" option on CharltonLife... God you've a 50/50 chance of finding the thread you want
  • Sponsored links:

• Just thought of another one...

The fact that the Premier League is regarded as the fastest league in the World (as said by both Players and Managers) yet the moment an English team sets foot in a continental competition (Champions League) or the moment an England team sets foot in a major competition (the Euros / World Cup) we instantly start playing Football with the speed of a snail!!
  • Just thought of another one...

The fact that the Premier League is regarded as the fastest league in the World (as said by both Players and Managers) yet the moment an English team sets foot in a continental competition (Champions League) or the moment an England team sets foot in a major competition (the Euros / World Cup) we instantly start playing Football with the speed of a snail!!

Agree in friendlies, we also either look fast and sharp or slow and blunt. Sometimes both!

Just the first half of England vs Germany was an ideal example of the slow while the second was the fast and sharp.
  • The "Search" option on CharltonLife... God you've a 50/50 chance of finding the thread you want

Similarly, the Search function on CharltonLife...people could start a new thread on, say, Beans on Toast, but they would rather resurrect a thread from 2006 that received about 6 posts to continue the conversation.
  • Fiiish said:

The "Search" option on CharltonLife... God you've a 50/50 chance of finding the thread you want

Similarly, the Search function on CharltonLife...people could start a new thread on, say, Beans on Toast, but they would rather resurrect a thread from 2006 that received about 6 posts to continue the conversation.
    More so you search for the General Things that Annoy You thread yet get results from post in 2008 rather than the most recent

Could also do with the first part making sense
  • When a TV series finishes without a proper conclusion.

This of course means there'll be a second series … except that the second series will be called ‘season 2’ and original series renamed season 1

I’ve just finished watching twelve episodes of ‘100 code’. There was no proper conclusion, so I googled it to see wtf is going on. Season 2 is confirmed, but no release date as yet. Will I ever find out who LH is?

Can I invest my time, emotion and energy in another season, when in all likelihood there’ll be further seasons and further disappointments to come. It’s all getting a bit like supporting Charlton.
  • That TFL don't apply a rule during school holidays. Travelling into London with kids must take place from 9.30am and be done by 4pm at the very latest.

Leave all of us miserable bastards who commute in peace.
  • cabbles said:

That TFL don't apply a rule during school holidays. Travelling into London with kids must take place from 9.30am and be done by 4pm at the very latest.

There must have been a few "yummy mummy's" (hate those words) about though?
  • When a TV series finishes without a proper conclusion.

This of course means there'll be a second series … except that the second series will be called ‘season 2’ and original series renamed season 1

I’ve just finished watching twelve episodes of ‘100 code’. There was no proper conclusion, so I googled it to see wtf is going on. Season 2 is confirmed, but no release date as yet. Will I ever find out who LH is?

Can I invest my time, emotion and energy in another season, when in all likelihood there’ll be further seasons and further disappointments to come. It’s all getting a bit like supporting Charlton.

I hate investing my time into a TV series that ultimately isn't worth it.

There was one on Channel 4 a while ago (called 'Hostages', maybe?) about a woman who was to be operating on the president of the USA. Terrorists broke into her house and said she had to kill the president during the surgery, or they would kill her family.

I thought it was a great premise, but it got more preposterous as it went on (the main man holding them hostage actually worked for the FBI, but got involved in a plot to assassinate the president so he could get money to get medical treatment for his wife, blah blah blah).

By the end of the (8- or 10-part) series, about 100 innocent people had been needlessly killed, making a total mockery of the opening problem which asks the viewer whether one life is worth more than another.

There was also the problem that it didn't translate well from American to English - for her, it was unthinkable to kill the president. In this country, most people would be glad of an excuse to kill David Cameron.
  • Sponsored links:

• This advert:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9zJthAk_cVk

What the actual fuck?

I'm deliberately going to use Pizza Hut now.
  • What the fuck indeed.
  • Someone has been paid for that.

Several people.

Several people who probably did 3 years of a marketing degree.

For that.

That.
  • This advert:

What the actual fuck?

Love it!

Where's your sense of humour?
  • edited March 2016
    Riviera said:

This advert:

What the actual fuck?

Love it!

Where's your sense of humour?
    In the corner watching cats fall over things on YouTube.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

That TFL don't apply a rule during school holidays. Travelling into London with kids must take place from 9.30am and be done by 4pm at the very latest.

There must have been a few "yummy mummy's" (hate those words) about though?
    Nah they just piss me off mate, they come up here from the Home Counties on the assumption they have carte Blanche like they're just lunching at Zizzi's in Godalming or wherever it is they appear from. I'm already a ball of rage by the time I have to leave work, they just add to it, regardless of how yummy they are

Edit - apologies for above stereotype

2nd Edit - actually I'm not sorry, stereotype remains and I'm glad I said it
    Sounds like a sequel in the making: Roland and the Curse of the Yummy Mummies
  • Waiting on a call from my fecking Dr
  • Adverts about 'The Big Bad Wolf' and 'Espresso Clooney' feck me, havnt they got any other ads out there ffs? ....and oh.... OUR National Anthem - makes me cringe.
  • Adverts about 'The Big Bad Wolf' and 'Espresso Clooney' feck me, havnt they got any other ads out there ffs? ....and oh.... OUR National Anthem - makes me cringe.

that one does my nut
  • rina said:

I know grammar nazism of the pettiest of peeves, but if I see one more person on my facebook feed today write "your" when they mean "you're" I'm going to throw my phone out of the window.

Could also do with the first part making sense
    First rule of the internet, when bitching about grammar, be sure to leave grammatical errors in your post.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!