Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Words like Wifey and Hubby... No No NO!!!

Especially when you're not married to the said person.
    Especially when people on here think your the wifey in our relationship mate!!
  • edited March 2016

Words like Wifey and Hubby... No No NO!!!

Especially when you're not married to the said person.
    Especially when people on here think your the wifey in our relationship mate!!
    I always thought I was just the 3rd Party (:
  • Bloody annoyed that someone flagged me for the crime of saying I can't drink Guinness because it has fish enzymes in it on the St Patrick Day thread. Really? Seriously?!?

Edit: especially when you consider that I made that post three years ago and I've only just got flagged.

They don't anymore; Guinness is now unfined.
  • 1StevieG said:

Footballers that can't take a proper throw in and then complain when the ref blows for a foul throw. It is not difficult you dummies.

You see dozens a game. In fact I'd be interested to see the percentages of legal v illegal ones

Personal bugbear of mine too
  • Ben18 said:

Stephen Mulhern

Now there is a face you want to slap the smile right off.
  • The BBC's World Twenty20 tables - why do they put a decimal place next to the number of points each team has?

For example England currently have 2 points as reflected on the ICC website yet the BBC has England as having 2.0
  • The BBC's World Twenty20 tables - why do they put a decimal place next to the number of points each team has?

For example England currently have 2 points as reflected on the ICC website yet the BBC has England as having 2.0

I would guess you can get half a point for a no result

I would guess you can get half a point for a no result
    I thought of that, but isn't it 1 point each for a no result? Pretty sure I remember us going out of the 2003 world cup because it rained in Zimbabwe so they got a full point and not a half point?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    If only you could like and lol.
    Spot of Dennis

For greater accuracy, of course
  • The modern interpretation of the highway code, which based on what's going on on the roads apparently states that :

1. When turning right leave the vehicle at an angle with the rear positioned so nothing can filter past on your left

2. If you haven't got daytime running lights drive round in broad daylight with main beam on blinding oncoming traffic as well as the vehicle in front

3. If you do have daytime running lights just drive round in broad daylight with main beam on just like everyone else

4. Indicating is completely optional, especially on roundabouts

5. In a car park , park across the dividing line between spaces to take up two parking spaces with the one vehicle

Love the one about the lights... In the last few weeks its clearly been daylight around 7am and 5pm yet everyone continues driving with their beams on.

You turn your lights on based on the visibility not the bloody time
  • The modern interpretation of the highway code, which based on what's going on on the roads apparently states that :

1. When turning right leave the vehicle at an angle with the rear positioned so nothing can filter past on your left

2. If you haven't got daytime running lights drive round in broad daylight with main beam on blinding oncoming traffic as well as the vehicle in front

3. If you do have daytime running lights just drive round in broad daylight with main beam on just like everyone else

5. In a car park , park across the dividing line between spaces to take up two parking spaces with the one vehicle

6. On joining a three lane road, immediately move into the middle lane to save you the bother of mirror, signal, manoeuvre at any future point in your journey. The rest of the world can just work around you, no worries.

Love the one about the lights... In the last few weeks its clearly been daylight around 7am and 5pm yet everyone continues driving with their beams on.

You turn your lights on based on the visibility not the bloody time
    6. Front fog lights should be used at all times.

7. To turn right at a roundabout always approach in the left hand lane then proceed to turn right.
  • Guy Martin
  • The BBC saying that Tony Watt is on loan at Blackburn from Celtic.

I'ts not that they don't mention Charlton it's just the pure laziness, he has been at Standard and us (plus a Cardiff loan) since leaving Celtic.

edit* he also had a season at Lierse since he last played for Celtic.

BBC, What do you expect
  • Going to a parents evening about internet safety and turning into Mary Whitehouse. Seems the only people thinking about the children are nonces.

Daily mail! Daily mail! Pass me the pitchfork

(Seriosuly though it's pretty worrying)
  • Social Media
  • Sponsored links:

• Religion. All of it.

I'll expand that the any ideology that places itself above human life, and demands blind faith rather than reason and critical thought.
  • edited March 2016
  • Religion not realising they're all either right or wrong together.

It's a dead split, there either are Gods or there are not.

Either way our minds cannot fathom the actuality of them existing... it's like the size of space.

You just can't imagine it all.

I'm agnostic btw.
  • Books that gradually get more boring
  • People who don't like Eddie Izzard (or Jeff Stelling come to that...). :wink:
  • edited March 2016

People who don't like Eddie Izzard (or Jeff Stelling come to that...). :wink:

Cheers Algarve (:

Izzard is Palace as well.

Should point out, it's nothing to do with their charity work - full marks to them for that.
  • People who don't like Eddie Izzard (or Jeff Stelling come to that...). :wink:

Cheers Algarve (:

Izzard is Palace as well.

Should point out, it's nothing to do with their charity work - full marks to them for that.
    In a sense it is their Charity work for me... i.e. they shove it down our throats that they're doing 27-marathons in the same number of days.

I'd love to do that myself or I'd love the walk the North Downs Way etc. in record timing but I cant because I've the small matter of work!!
  • Dazzler21 said:

I'm agnostic btw.

I find that's best, just in case. I don't mind religion all the time the religious keep it to themselves or just sing songs about their imaginary best friend.
    I'm sure the all forgiving entity or whatever will understand my lack of faith and the large amount of scepticism I have when my time ends.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!