Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• "The only time remaining now is what's left on the referee's watch".

You mean, the same as it's been since the game kicked off?
  • Over the top air conditioning that makes you want to wear more clothing
  • Naked people walking around, forcing me to turn up the air conditioning
  • The mystery employee at my work who keeps unplugging the toaster instead of cancelling the cycle.

1) if you don't like your toast that brown put it on a lower bloody setting.
    2) to cancel you just push the lever up, you don't have to bloody unplug it.
    3) if you're really too stupid to operate a toaster, at least plug it back in so I don't put my toast in thinking all is working normally only to come back 10 minutes later to bread that looks paler than I imagine Mel Baroni did when she read Roland's statement.
  • Football commentators who say the ball hit the woodwork. They haven't been made from wood for donkeys years.

Saying the ball hit the reinforced aluminium doesn't really have a ring to it ... or does it?
  • JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

People who call League One 'Division One'. Makes no sense. I could almost understand it if the Chanpionship sometimes got called 'division one' as it used to be called that, but calling League One Division One is just confusing.

League one is division three. The premier league is division one.
    Correct. What's your point?
    Mate, I think he was agreeing with you...
  • Finding three bags of bread in the freezer, all consisting entirely of the end bits
  • People who have a conversation on their phone in public on speakerphone.
    I don't want to hear your bloody conversation thank you - Use your phone the way it was meant to be used.
  • The look of a woman who works in the perfume / make up section of department stores. Particularly when the foundation on their face looks like the contents of a cement mixer.
  • Sponsored links:

I don't want to hear your bloody conversation thank you - Use your phone the way it was meant to be used.

Also people who spend the entire journey to/from work on the phone, sometimes calling a number of people just to tell them what they told the last person.

Also people who spend the entire journey to/from work on the phone, sometimes calling a number of people just to tell them what they told the last person.
    Don't tell me you didn't ring 10 different people to say you had Thai green curry for dinner the other day and that you stil had plenty of room for afters.
  • Sport Relief / Comic Relief are great nights but always hate the Celebrities with their lovely wages telling us to donate.

How about they skip a week of their wages and all donate that, I'm sure they'll quickly hit the targets!!

Not just this but once again how the majority of the programmes are dealt with problems outside the UK.

They get the videos about the problems in this country so it proves that help has to begin at home first... They're talking about the problems in Sierra Leone but why arent efforts being made to get their Governments and their own people doing more to help rather than relying on outside aid all the time!!
    Wouldn't it be nice if hedge fund managers and top bankers were on there telling us how much to donate, and CEO's of companies that funnel their profits through Luxembourg, The Cayman Islands or wherever to avoid paying the tax that would actually make causes like sport relief unnecessary, because there would be plenty of money to fund all the good causes. Maybe a month's wages from one of the top lawyers that pick out the loopholes that make that evasion possible - I bet that dwarfs Davina's income. We have no idea what efforts are being made to get the government of Sierra Leone to sort their shit out, and it makes me mad too, but I can see it is no more the fault of most of that country's citizens than it is the fault of most UK citizens that the Tories are collapsing the NHS and taking money off the disabled.

When I saw you had a like on the second post my money was on Rob - I wasn't disappointed... :wink:
    The fact we're letting Google avoid paying tax by claiming that they're an offshore company is a perfect example.

Along with the fact that you see Charities paying the likes of David Milliband over £400k it'll always be a joke the way they beg us to donate.

Not to mention one moment you get Davina McCall sounding extremely effected by the latest tear jerker film and then two seconds later bouncing around the set looking forward to David Crawford's sketch
  • That's why Sport Relief is good, they spend every penny on the projects. Everyone's a volunteer.
  • edited March 2016
    Redskin said:

' 4.99'

'I'm sorry, what was that?'

'4.99'

'Oh, I thought you said please'

Learn some manners you slack - jawed, rheumy-eyed cretin...

That weren't in that shop up Grove Park, next to the BR station was it?
  • Football commentators who say the ball hit the woodwork. They haven't been made from wood for donkeys years.

Even worse, when ball hits the post or crossbar they say "saved by the woodwork" No. The goal is the bit in the middle. Everything else is a miss.
    When the ball hits the post or bar and the commentator says it hit the goal frame.
  • edited March 2016
    People who look over your shoulder when you are reading a newspaper on the train. Worse still if your logged in to your internet banking.

• Sponsored links:

• Overused tropes in TV that never happen in real life.

For example, one classic gag usually involves someone blending some kind of liquid and leaving the top off the blender. No one ever does this.

Or how television writers portray office politics. Apparently all that happens at meetings is a bunch of people screaming profanities and anal rape references at each other.
  • edited March 2016

People who look over your shoulder when you are reading a newspaper on the train. Worse still if your logged in to your internet banking.

As a follow on from this, if in this position I start to type a text message. Something along the lines of - "fuck off you nosey bastard"

Don't tell me you didn't ring 10 different people to say you had Thai green curry for dinner the other day and that you stil had plenty of room for afters.
    Nah, I just come on here and tell a load of strangers

Ever condisdered dogging ? (:
  • People who look over your shoulder when you are reading a newspaper on the train. Worse still if your logged in to your internet banking.

As a follow on from this, if in this position I start to type a text message. Something along the lines of - "fuck off you nosey bastard"
    Come on... Let me have a read too, this book of mine is rubbish!!

Ever condisdered dogging ? (:
    I did try it once but I don't drive and the cabbie didn't really understand why I kept asking him to flash his lights when we were just sat in a car park with the windows open
  • being taxed on a relatively low level work bonus.
  • Men that clearly have hair loss but try and salvage it by giving it a comb over or even worse try and style it.

Just shave it off.
  • Mr Tumble

Aunt Polly would get it though
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!