Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Clowd cuckoo land

Isn't that where Roland lives?
  • edited March 2016

People who find the weather interesting
    People who find star gazing interesting
    People who want to see the norvern lights
    People who go on about the solar eclipse

If you were to meet me I would probably be the most annoying man you would ever meet. I could add a few more to your list that also annoy the hell out of my wife.
  • The person in my open plan office who has the stupid whistling message tone on his/her phone. If I find it, it's going in a toilet!
  • People who find the weather interesting

If you were to meet me I would probably be the most annoying man you would ever meet. I could add a few more to your list that also annoy the hell out of my wife.
    i doubt @i_b_b_o_r_g is bothered about you masturbating on the bus...

You sicken me.
  • edited March 2016

Unless he's using @i_b_b_o_r_g 's hand
  • Football TV listings web sites that are wrong. Setanta are claiming they are showing Villa v Spurs on Saturday afternoon - it's on Sunday, and Benfica TV telling me they are showing Arsenal v West Brom on Saturday at 5.30, when Arsenal are playing Watford at 1.30 on Sunday. Benfica TV are also claiming Leicester v Newcastle is on Sunday 14th at 8PM. Incompetent buffoons...
  • Football TV listings web sites that are wrong. Setanta are claiming they are showing Villa v Spurs on Saturday afternoon - it's on Sunday, and Benfica TV telling me they are showing Arsenal v West Brom on Saturday at 5.30, when Arsenal are playing Watford at 1.30 on Sunday. Benfica TV are also claiming Leicester v Newcastle is on Sunday 14th at 8PM. Incompetent buffoons...

If you do watch the Villa and Arsenal matches on Saturday, please let us know the results so we can place bets.
  • edited March 2016
    People from Glasgow or Norway both being described as -wegians. How does that make sense.
  • People who can't be rose tinted. Trust me it's a better place to be!
  • Sponsored links:

• Insomnia. Specifically, my children's insomnia
  • When you pop in to the local corner shop to get a pint of milk, go to the till to pay and get stuck behind someone who's done their entire weeks shopping!
  • The word Robust and people (over)using it in an utterly meaningless way
  • Arsenal.
  • edited March 2016
    Wilma said:

The person in my open plan office who has the stupid whistling message tone on his/her phone. If I find it, it's going in a toilet!

Well, just open plan offices are pretty annoying. I was forever complaining about mine. The bar stewards got their revenge by putting someone with the exact same name as me in my pod.

After I left they went over to hot desking, so employees now have to waste time booking their desk space. Utterly ridiculous.
  • Fiiish said:

People from Glasgow or Norway both being described as -wegians. How does that make sense.

what like Glaswegians and Norwegians ??

anyway, the great unwashed from the west are weegies
  • chappers said:

Arsenal.

Sadly not as much as Leicester City at the moment!
  • Fiiish said:

Yes. As far as I am aware they are the only two ending in -wegians but the endings of both words are completely different. Ever since I realised it has been on my tits.

I also realise that this is General Things that annoy you as opposed to linguistic inconsistencies.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Cashpoints.

Three main options: 1. Cash and View Balance; 2. Cash and Receipt; 3. Cash withdrawal

I'm in a hurry so I don't want to see how little money I've got in my account, and I don't want a paper souvenir to remind me of that great Thursday morning when I took £30 out - therefore I select option 3. Cash Withdrawal, i.e just money. Enter pin, get finger ready to press £30 button but no, it's decided to ask me if I want to see my balance. Idiot machine. Press no, then select £30. "Do you want a receipt with this transaction?" Are you f*cking joking?

Unbelievable. I reckon it was designed by a Charlton-lifer who's sole ambition in life was to invent something that featured in this thread.

Sounds a bit like the toaster in Red Dwarf...

Bus wankers, hate em.
  • People who call League One 'Division One'. Makes no sense. I could almost understand it if the Chanpionship sometimes got called 'division one' as it used to be called that, but calling League One Division One is just confusing.
  • What I find strange is that the winners of the Championship still lift the old First Division trophy (the same one that the great Liverpool side would have lifted back in the 80s) surely that should have become the Premier League Trophy?
  • I think the Premier League have enough money to get a new trophy.
  • What I find strange is that the winners of the Championship still lift the old First Division trophy (the same one that the great Liverpool side would have lifted back in the 80s) surely that should have become the Premier League Trophy?

It should, but Sky and Murdoch and their ilk have no truck with tradition. I expect he rather likes Duchatalet...
  • Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Yes. As far as I am aware they are the only two ending in -wegians but the endings of both words are completely different. Ever since I realised it has been on my tits.

I also realise that this is General Things that annoy you as opposed to linguistic inconsistencies.
    I don't know for sure, but it might be because the Norwegian word for Norway is 'Norge' - pronounced 'Nor-guh', so not too dissimilar from the Glaswegian pronunciation of Glasgow - 'Gles-geh'.
    Maybe the 'wegian' bit is borne out of this?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!