Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People that start every sentence with 'so'.

• McBobbin said:

People, who, when recounting a conversation say "I turned around and said" more than once. I can very well believe that initially you had to turn around to say something, but after that? Were you in a queue? Or just standing on the spot rotating?

Haha, I totally agree! It's bizarre how often people use it - do a lot of people conduct their conversations back-to-back?!
  • McBobbin said:

People, who, when recounting a conversation say "I turned around and said" more than once. I can very well believe that initially you had to turn around to say something, but after that? Were you in a queue? Or just standing on the spot rotating?

Yes that's a good 1I hear this all the time.
  • People that come back from holiday & insist on showing you their holiday photos.

I wasn't there, I really couldn't give a shit

I know you don't give a shit but this is a good one, I was having a beer on the the beach at the time. I think it was about 1.00pm, I thought about having a tube of Pringles but they weren't on the all inclusive menu which I thought was wrong. What do you think?

• T.C.E said:

People that come back from holiday & insist on showing you their holiday photos.

I know you don't give a shit but this is a good one, I was having a beer on the the beach at the time. I think it was about 1.00pm, I thought about having a tube of Pringles but they weren't on the all inclusive menu which I thought was wrong. What do you think?

I am thinking a decent chip onto the green for a birdie....
  • When I clean my hedgehog out and she's shed a quill, which then ends up sticking out of my finger. They're bloody sharp.

When I clean my hedgehog out and she's shed a quill, which then ends up sticking out of my finger. They're bloody sharp.

is that something to do with your other halves pubes?
  • When someone compares a current Charlton player with a Footballing legend i.e.

Thierry Henry used to be a winger yet has been pushed up front and scores goals so why not X Charlton Player

Its not that sort of comment that annoys me its always the response along the lines of: Oh yeah, the said Charlton player is going to be the next Henry, yeah right... they're not bloody saying that the Charlton player will be as good as Henry, they're saying that changing from a Winger to Striker means they might score some goals at our level
  • Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:

T.C.E said:

People that come back from holiday & insist on showing you their holiday photos.

I am thinking a decent chip onto the green for a birdie....
    Cant see birdie for that man. If he was any good he would have missed the bunker, although I might be a tad harsh there it is one hell of trap.
  • When I clean my hedgehog out and she's shed a quill, which then ends up sticking out of my finger. They're bloody sharp.

Stick to pigeons and whippets :smile:
  • No fixtures at Easter. Oh for the good old days with 3 matches in 4 days.
  • Liverpool, Spurs and Man Utd fans moaning about being in the Europa cup because it's too difficult to play on a Thursday and then a Sunday.

Bizarre how Europa League games on a Thursday night have such a negative impact on Sunday matches but you never hear the same complaint about playing on Wednesday in the champions league and then Saturday in England.
  • Ironic that the English clubs view of the Europa league and the idea of being happy to go out etc. is contributing to Italy possibly taking the coefficient.
    Then the same clubs will be moaning that they can't get into the champions league with only 3 slots available.
  • People who display semi-meaningful posts on Facebook.

However, Charlton Life is different because Charlton Life is like a tree where all the branches feed back to a solid root where we are all at one with the world and love our football, our club and each other.
  • MrLargo said:

Liverpool, Spurs and Man Utd fans moaning about being in the Europa cup because it's too difficult to play on a Thursday and then a Sunday.

Bizarre how Europa League games on a Thursday night have such a negative impact on Sunday matches but you never hear the same complaint about playing on Wednesday in the champions league and then Saturday in England.
    Exactly what I had in mind. Odd - psychological I am sure.
  • Tim Peak
  • Open letters
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    Rare bird egg collectors
  • Weddings in "posh" (usually pretentious, rather than really posh), out of the way country hotels, where it either costs you a fortune in a cab to get there, or an arm and a leg to stay there. The staff look down their nose at you, and after the one drink the hosts have been able to afford to give you (after spending the equivalent of a deposit on a house to have a wedding more suited to Donald Trump), you pay about eight quid for a pint of freezing cold, nitro-keg creamy brown beer. And the fuckers expect a present...
  • I'm sure its been mentioned before but the fact that Track Cycling gets its Olympic programme cut when there are about 20,000 swimming events, its not like they have to share the same arenas so why cut either of them?
  • Weddings in "posh" (usually pretentious, rather than really posh), out of the way country hotels, where it either costs you a fortune in a cab to get there, or an arm and a leg to stay there. The staff look down their nose at you, and after the one drink the hosts have been able to afford to give you (after spending the equivalent of a deposit on a house to have a wedding more suited to Donald Trump), you pay about eight quid for a pint of freezing cold, nitro-keg creamy brown beer. And the fuckers expect a present...

Best thing to do is turn up already wankered and just be rude to everybody, be sick in the corner and then go home.
    Ah, so that was you...

Best thing to do is turn up already wankered and just be rude to everybody, be sick in the corner and then go home.
    Ah, so that was you...
    Well, it's a day that the happy couple will always remember, why not treat them to an everlasting memory.
  • purdis said:

iaitch said:

People that start every sentence with 'so'.

Was watching 8 out of 10 Cats the other night with my beloved when Susie 'thinking man's, after a couple of sharpeners and with beer goggles on, crumpet' Dent commented how irritating she finds people who start every sentence with 'So'.
    She then went on to do the very same thing herself.

Anyway, was watching the news last night before venturing out to Ipswich Regent with the Mrs to see the lovely Leona Lewis and they interviewed a financial guru from Canary Wharf, throwing half a dozen questions at her about Banker's accountability and, without exception, she commenced answering each and every question with the word, 'So'.

Then Leona Lewis was doing the same last night every time she related the story of her life journey.

From one day not even noticing it, in an instant my life has changed for the worse as I am now honed in to picking up the word 'So' at the beginning of anybody I hear's sentence - hopefully it will pass or word will get round how irritating it is.

Same as Americans who use the word, 'like' every third word.

Here endeth my minor rant for the day - off to Royal Wootton Bassett now, via Gloucester and then up to Charlton.
    so, what you getting at mate?
  • It must have come up before but people who use the phrase / word "Correct" when commenting on something you've said or written. Like, "well done you've caught up". Fcuk off.

Pompous, self important bullshit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!