Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Barely did any University work last year and now I am in the library a fair bit and EVERY SINGLE TIME somebody i know see's me the first thing they say is 'What are you doing here?!'

ermm im going for a run why do you think im here...?

guess I only have myself to blame though.
  • I posted quite a while ago about lazy people who leave there receipts behind at self service tills in supermarkets.

Well the tables have turned on this one now. Every night this week someone has left there receipt behind only to also leave behind unclaimed Tesco clubcard points. My tally is now adding up nicely!

Still an annoying habit of people though.

I'm one of these lazy people sometimes.

Self-service tills should have a button before or after you've paid asking if you want a receipt. ATMs introduced this several years ago and it works well.

The more nuisance it causes supermarkets, the more likely they are to sort it.
  • Barely did any University work last year and now I am in the library a fair bit and EVERY SINGLE TIME somebody i know see's me the first thing they say is 'What are you doing here?!'

ermm im going for a run why do you think im here...?

guess I only have myself to blame though.

Just say "Burying lies" and wait to see if they can work it out.
  • IA said:

I posted quite a while ago about lazy people who leave there receipts behind at self service tills in supermarkets.

Well the tables have turned on this one now. Every night this week someone has left there receipt behind only to also leave behind unclaimed Tesco clubcard points. My tally is now adding up nicely!

Still an annoying habit of people though.

I'm one of these lazy people sometimes.

Self-service tills should have a button before or after you've paid asking if you want a receipt. ATMs introduced this several years ago and it works well.

The more nuisance it causes supermarkets, the more likely they are to sort it.
    But the receipt is your proof of purchase. If you got stopped by security leaving a supermarket and you don't have the receipt to prove you paid for the items on you then it could take a while to prove you did indeed pay which would certainly inconvience you (while at the same time i'll be claiming your clubcard points ;-)

Agreed you don't need them with ATM's but they have a place still at self service tills.
  • MrLargo said:

When you completely fall off the wagon.

Supposed to go to the gym at lunchtime - sacked it off in order to go and get my mum a card and Mother's Day present. Now sat and my desk, just finished a very nice Thai curry and now working my way through some very expensive Italian biscuits that my mum would have really enjoyed. Feel fat and ashamed.

I was supposed to go the gym tonight but fucked off from work early and am now on my 4th pint of Estrella in all bar one Canary Wharf.
    At 3.05? Good work.
  • Roy Hodgson says Marcus Rashford is in contention for a place at Euro 2016.

Typical England, building up any young player too quickly. He's played 4 games ffs!

"Roy, I was thinking, maybe we should take someone who's scored a lot of goals in the Premier League this season?"
    "Mmmm.... no... let's not do that. We'll take a teenager who's played 4 games, and a 30-year old who hasn't been in form for about 5 years and never scores at major tournaments."
  • Sponsored links:

• Roy Hodgson says Marcus Rashford is in contention for a place at Euro 2016.

Typical England, building up any young player too quickly. He's played 4 games ffs!

Agree. However, maybe he is eligible to play for another footballing giant such as Scotland or St Kitts and Nevis and Roy want to get In first.

• Can't help think it should be sung by Peter Griffin instead.

That's brilliant!! Although now I'm picturing that in my head & keep chuckling away to myself. I'm getting a few strange looks in the office!
  • edited March 2016
    The Friday Five
    It was a simple request, answer the question, dont elaborate no one gives a toss if your not sure, if you cant answer dont play....jockeys.
  • edited March 2016

Roy Hodgson says Marcus Rashford is in contention for a place at Euro 2016.

I believe what actually happened is Roy was asked if Rashford had a chance of making the Euro squad and replied that he has a chance just like a lot of other players. Certain headlines make it sound as if he has purposely came out to say that Rashford is in contention.
  • Lookie Lookie Men.

Ok, if I went to a really crap club, I might expect to see a man in a leather jacket attempting to sell me deodorant and lollipops in the men's room. But when I go to what I consider to be a fairly nice restaurant and the prices I'm paying, I do not expect to be accosted by some complete random in the toilets in between the starter and main.
  • Fiiish said:

Lookie Lookie Men.

Ok, if I went to a really crap club, I might expect to see a man in a leather jacket attempting to sell me deodorant and lollipops in the men's room. But when I go to what I consider to be a fairly nice restaurant and the prices I'm paying, I do not expect to be accosted by some complete random in the toilets in between the starter and main.

Where did they serve pudding?
  • Fiiish said:

But when I go to what I consider to be a fairly nice restaurant and the prices I'm paying, I do not expect to be accosted by some complete random in the toilets in between the starter and main.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.
  • Greenie said:

The Friday Five
    It was a simple request, answer the question, dont elaborate no one gives a toss if your not sure, if you cant answer dont play....jockeys.

People who go WAY over the top about something that is just a bit of fun, and cannot comprehend that when someone is given two choices and has never tried one of them they are unable to make an informed decision... :wink:
  • Have you got xxxx?
    Yes I do.

No you freaking don't
    The correct answer is Yes I have or No I haven't.

Stupid brainwashed by American TV generation :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Ikea getting the go ahead for the Bugsby's Way site. Because traffic on a Saturday isn't bad enough. Fackin ell.
  • Have you got xxxx?
    Yes I do.

No you freaking don't

Forgive me if I've got this wrong, but surely "do you have" is a perfectly good substitute for "have you got"? In which case, "yes I do" is an adequate substitute for "yes I have"?
    Admittedly, in the example you gave, it's slightly awkward as the question is worded one way and the answer the other, but that presumably would mean you should answer "yes I do" if the question is "do you have"?

I find these discussions on language, grammar etc interesting.
    Many of us have a disliking for certain phrases, sometimes irrationally.
    I know I do...

:wink:
  • Have you got xxxx?
    Yes I do.

No you freaking don't

Have you got xxxx?
    Yes, I do (have xxxx).

Nothing wrong with that.
  • My missus getting the poxy Hoover out just I'm about to watch a match on the telly..... Go away woman!
  • T.C.E said:

My missus getting the poxy Hoover out just I'm about to watch a match on the telly..... Go away woman!

Admin - "other brands of vacuums are available"
  • Have you got xxxx?
    Yes I do.

No you freaking don't

Forgive me if I've got this wrong, but surely "do you have" is a perfectly good substitute for "have you got"? In which case, "yes I do" is an adequate substitute for "yes I have"?
    Admittedly, in the example you gave, it's slightly awkward as the question is worded one way and the answer the other, but that presumably would mean you should answer "yes I do" if the question is "do you have"?

I know I do...

To be honest the winky at the end was meant to hint that I don't really take myself too seriously with this.
    I generally think most of my generation would say have and most of my kids generation say do.
    I also think my vocabulary is littered with "Americanisms" that I was probably whinging about a few years ago.
  • MrOneLung said:

T.C.E said:

My missus getting the poxy Hoover out just I'm about to watch a match on the telly..... Go away woman!

Sorry, gets the Miele out to vacuum. ;)
  • Have you got xxxx?
    Yes I do.

No you freaking don't

I know I do...

To be honest the winky at the end was meant to hint that I don't really take myself too seriously with this.
    I generally think most of my generation would say have and most of my kids generation say do.
    I also think my vocabulary is littered with "Americanisms" that I was probably whinging about a few years ago.
    Likewise. My response was, to an extent, tongue in cheek. Hence the attempt at a joke at the end... :smiley:
  • T.C.E said:

MrOneLung said:

T.C.E said:

Sorry, gets the Miele out to vacuum. ;)
    Is that the Katrien Miele? Picks up a load of rubbish and comes from Europe.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!