Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People who stand and have a piss in a toilet cubicle yet dont close the door... Almost just walked into the back of someone at work because I didnt realise it was occupied

i have mentioned it on here before, but why are they using a cubicle for a piss in the first place?
    I have to admit... I use the cubicle when I go to the toilet as dont like the thought of someone watching me perform the duty, but because of that I close the door!!
    That's just odd
    Why? - Some of us just like a bit of privacy
  • McBobbin said:

When someone says they have a theme tune stuck in their head because usually it'll end up in mine too...

Thankfully I dont know the tune to "Whose Line is it Anyway" though

It goes dodoodoo doodoo doodoo dadoo da da dadooo dadoodoodoodoo dadadoo dadadadadadaaaaa
    Currently sitting at my desk going doodoo da da dadoo but not getting anywhere with it as a tune
  • edited February 2016
    Drivers who queue across traffic light controlled junctions thus blocking the whole feckin junction when they change and they haven't moved forward a single foot in the meantime.

Might be my rose tinted specs but I'm noticing this increasingly happening these days when in the past if the exit wasn't clear you waited, regardless of any yellow grid thingy being there or not.
  • Drivers who queue across traffic light controlled junctions thus blocking the whole feckin junction when they change and they haven't moved forward a single foot in the meantime.

Might be my rose tinted specs but I'm noticing this increasingly happening these days when in the past if the exit wasn't clear you waited, regardless of any yellow grid thingy being there or not.

This. I get really tempted just to slam the accelerator down and drive in to the side of them.
  • Greenie said:

People who put a picture up on the likes of ArseBook of a British Soldier or Nurse accompanied with the following guff, "share if you think that soldiers/nurses should earn more than Wayne Rooney and other overpaid and pampered footballers"

No they shouldn't, why? because no one wants to watch a soldier marching about and a nurse changing a 90 year old coffin dodgers catheter (apart from Mehmet, he would).

Or any, "share if you think W should get X before Y gets Z" post . If you think soldiers/nurses/policemen are undervalued, fine, so do I, but I don't have to compare them with someone else* to tell you that.

* I make an exception with bankers. They are all cnuts. :wink:

• McBobbin said:

When someone says they have a theme tune stuck in their head because usually it'll end up in mine too...

Thankfully I dont know the tune to "Whose Line is it Anyway" though

It goes dodoodoo doodoo doodoo dadoo da da dadooo dadoodoodoodoo dadadoo dadadadadadaaaaa
    Currently sitting at my desk going doodoo da da dadoo but not getting anywhere with it as a tune
    Give it more trumpet
  • McBobbin said:

Greenie said:

People who put a picture up on the likes of ArseBook of a British Soldier or Nurse accompanied with the following guff, "share if you think that soldiers/nurses should earn more than Wayne Rooney and other overpaid and pampered footballers"

No they shouldn't, why? because no one wants to watch a soldier marching about and a nurse changing a 90 year old coffin dodgers catheter (apart from Mehmet, he would).

Or any, "share if you think W should get X before Y gets Z" post . If you think soldiers/nurses/policemen are undervalued, fine, so do I, but I don't have to compare them with someone else* to tell you that.

* I make an exception with bankers. They are all cnuts. :wink:

I saw one those comparing junior doctors to tube drivers. Tube drivers are hardly the enemy. They won't become consultants and are unlikely to get much private work to supplement their incomes either.

Divisive politics... Now there's an enemy
    Spot on!
  • Think I might have said this one before but I keep seeing it. The twitter phrase 'gonna bang'. Makes my teeth itch.
  • Sponsored links:

• The cafc OS. If it wasn't so clunky I might visit a bit more but gives me headache on the rare occasions I look at it.
  • Self appointed speed police, specifically self appointed speed police sitting in the outside lane when not overtaking.

Now I'll quantify this slightly before it all gets militant.

I was making a journey today on one of our nations motorways as I do most days. I approach a glut of lorries in the inside lane (so I'm also in the inside lane. I indicate and move right to overtake these slower moving vehicles. I'm doing less than 70, but the traffic in next lane is moving slower than me. I indicate and move over another lane. Which is empty. I've not accelerated at this point, just maintained speed. Outside lane is clear for about 400 yards except for a vectra doing 60. Which is now a problem because he is going slower than the inside lane.

Now. I'm not driving up this guys chuff, I can undertake him but that is potentially dangerous. He could and should move over a move over.

And I should probably get off my phone, finish my brew and put my fag out
  • Carter said:

Self appointed speed police, specifically self appointed speed police sitting in the outside lane when not overtaking.

I was making a journey today on one of our nations motorways as I do most days. I approach a glut of lorries in the inside lane (so I'm also in the inside lane. I indicate and move right to overtake these slower moving vehicles. I'm doing less than 70, but the traffic in next lane is moving slower than me. I indicate and move over another lane. Which is empty. I've not accelerated at this point, just maintained speed. Outside lane is clear for about 400 yards except for a vectra doing 60. Which is now a problem because he is going slower than the inside lane.

Now. I'm not driving up this guys chuff, I can undertake him but that is potentially dangerous. He could and should move over a move over.

And stop giving the bird in the Ford Ka the eye.
  • Carter said:

Self appointed speed police, specifically self appointed speed police sitting in the outside lane when not overtaking.

What is it with women in Ka's they always look like they could suck a cricket ball through a hosepipe
  • Carter said:

Carter said:

What is it with women in Ka's they always look like they could suck a cricket ball through a hosepipe

'full time mummy'

Fuck off.

"Dad bods". We've become a nation of cretins.
  • edited February 2016

Daddy day care or my husband/partner (or father of said child/children) is babysitting.

Erm, he's just looking after your children after you both created them.

Babysitting is looking after someone else's children.

Ha! Was rushing out the door of work tonight and a colleague grabbed me about something... I said I can't chat for long as the missus is off out and I'm babysitting my daughter. Now I understand why he looked at me like the utter **** I must have sounded ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Any Halifax advert

First it was all of them handpumps singing 'I'll be there' now it's them giving it a load of bollocks about looking after some chump with a beard who puts more effort into the family holiday that most do at work.

Just lower the mortgage rates and stop taking the piss
  • 'full time mummy'

Fuck off.

This one had me in stitches.
  • Daddy day care or my husband/partner (or father of said child/children) is babysitting.

Ha! Was rushing out the door of work tonight and a colleague grabbed me about something... I said I can't chat for long as the missus is off out and I'm babysitting my daughter. Now I understand why he looked at me like the utter **** I must have sounded ;-)
    Fair play for recognising that RTC. Though as a "militant childless", I probably shouldn't say that at all.. :wink:
  • edited February 2016
  • People who says

Every industry has it's pointless award ceremony. "Cheese maker of the Year", "Car of the Year", "Paper Merchant of the Year". It's all cock. It's just actors and musicians are (supposedly) more interesting than funeral directors to Joe Public...

@Algarveaddick, I propose you are Poster of the Year.
  • Daddy day care or my husband/partner (or father of said child/children) is babysitting.

i doubt he was even listening to you

i doubt he was even listening to you
    Ha! Probably not. My reputation precedes me
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!