Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• LenGlover said:

Feeling guilty when innocent.

Took the grandson (aged 3) to the chip shop and placed our order which needed cooking so I took him to another shop to keep him happy and interested.

Duly returned to the chip shop and walked in to be beckoned to the counter as they were preparing my order. This bloke said in an aggressive tone 'oi you're pushing in!' I replied very politely actually 'I ordered a few minutes ago and the lady has just called me over' he said 'well it looked like you were pushing in' to which I replied 'well perhaps the moral is don't jump to conclusions.'

At that the bloke almost burst into tears, buried his head in his hands and started shaking.

I felt bad I made him feel like that but he started it guv...

You should have battered him.......

The first time you use a can of shaving foam and far too much comes out however gently and briefly you press it.

Is "can of shaving foam" a euphmism or pet name for something? ;-)
    You disgust me...

(Or am I the disgusting one?)
  • LenGlover said:

Took the grandson (aged 3) to the chip shop and placed our order which needed cooking so I took him to another shop to keep him happy and interested.

Duly returned to the chip shop and walked in to be beckoned to the counter as they were preparing my order. This bloke said in an aggressive tone 'oi you're pushing in!' I replied very politely actually 'I ordered a few minutes ago and the lady has just called me over' he said 'well it looked like you were pushing in' to which I replied 'well perhaps the moral is don't jump to conclusions.'

At that the bloke almost burst into tears, buried his head in his hands and started shaking.

Did anyone else read this and feel like he missed a crucial bit out of the story, right after "don't jump to conclusions"?
  • I've been screwing for the last 2 hours. I'm worn out, sweating hot & have sore fingers.

I hate flat pack furniture.

Did you read the instructions?
    #### off. I'm a bloke. Blokes don't read instructions.
  • LenGlover said:

That made me chuckle Len
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Was probably Pro-EU too Len. Sounds the sort.
  • DICKS THAT PLAY SOLLY IN MIDFIELD
  • People who make congratulations messages about them.

I have a friend who announced on Facebook this weekend that her boyfriend proposed to her atop the Empire State Building. Among the congratulation messages are lots of "That's where I was proposed to!" and "I called it right, I knew he'd propose!"

Why is that the first thing they're saying? Why not congratulations? Why take someone else's life-changing announcement and try to draw attention to yourself?

Don't quite know why, but it really angers me.

I have a friend who announced on Facebook this weekend that her boyfriend proposed to her atop the Empire State Building. Among the congratulation messages are lots of "That's where I was proposed to!" and "I called it right, I knew he'd propose!"

Why is that the first thing they're saying? Why not congratulations? Why take someone else's life-changing announcement and try to draw attention to yourself?

I just knew you'd say that!

I've been bang on about this for ages
  • Period Dramas (Dickensian I think this ones called.)

This telly we got given is on the blink. The sooner it does stop working, the better as far as I'm concerned. Then we'll be back to watching the log burner again
  • ^^ BBC's fault ^^
  • LenGlover said:

How many chips did you get?
  • Getting a present of some durian fruit from my brother in law. Stunk my entire house out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ungrateful people, buy them some stinky fruit and they have a moan up...
  • edited February 2016
    Anyone who responds to a forum post with 'yawn'.

Makes them sound self-important and I ,by default, assume they're a twat

• Fumbluff said:

DICKS THAT PLAY SOLLY IN MIDFIELD

Yawn.
  • people going on about how man city are still in every competition! not anymore :)
  • Teams like man city.
  • Period Dramas (Dickensian I think this ones called.)

This telly we got given is on the blink. The sooner it does stop working, the better as far as I'm concerned. Then we'll be back to watching the log burner again

This all day. Let's get another version of Jane Austen's pride and prejudice into production whilst we're at it, that doesn't come on enough.

• Football pundits talking about how much they love the FA Cup and how special it is. Ever since Man Utd decided to not enter it that year and you have incidents like Man City fielding youngesters y'day, pundits have been tripping up over themselves to declare their love for it.

Comments like - "it was a big day in my household (final day)"

"The magic of the FA Cup" (the most overused phrase associated with it

And then to top it all off BBC have picked that song 'anything can happen'

It's all quite over the top. The shocks and the magic can speak for itself
  • Teams like Man City picking a team of kids for an away cup match against strong opposition and mugging off their own fans.

To be fair to MP, he said he wouldn't buy a ticket for the match as he would be fielding a much weakened team.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!