Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Discussions that have a familiar feel about them.
  • People who say very similar things to the post directly before.
  • The way teenage girls dress.

I was at Bluewater with the Mrs earlier & the amount of young teenage girls I saw wearing, well....not a lot.

It might sound like a strange 1 but it did annoy me. Knee high boots, short skirts and see through tops on girls that age is just not right.

I appreciate that, as a parent, it's impossible to know what your kids are doing all the time but, the fact they're allowed to leave the house looking like that just baffles me!

Mini rant over

I was at Bluewater with the Mrs earlier & the amount of young teenage girls I saw wearing, well....not a lot.

It might sound like a strange 1 but it did annoy me. Knee high boots, short skirts and see through tops on girls that age is just not right.

I appreciate that, as a parent, it's impossible to know what your kids are doing all the time but, the fact they're allowed to leave the house looking like that just baffles me!

Mini rant over

Good job Bluewater isn't in North London!

Mini rant over

Very clever!
  • The Barca penalty tonight.

There's showboating and then there's being an uneccasary cocky prick.

BUT, as some guy pointed out, does it go down technically as a missed penalty?
  • I was fairly certain that after the Henry/Pires cock up, the rules changed and a penalty had to result in an attempt on goal

It annoys me if I've just dreamt that up
  • The Barca penalty tonight.

There's showboating and then there's being an uneccasary cocky prick.

BUT, as some guy pointed out, does it go down technically as a missed penalty?
    Flashscore have it down as a Messi missed penalty.
  • edited February 2016

The way teenage girls dress.

Mini rant over

I don't suppose Adam Johnson was doing a book signing in waterstones was he?

But seriously, you're absolutely correct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Self Service payouts. You attempt to put in a note and it snatches it from you like Arkwright's till. How rude.
    Next time i am going to feed it with five pence pieces, that will teach it.
    Should have posted on signs of being an old git!
  • People who take ages at the Self-Service Checkouts because they're paying for items with 5p's

If they dont want their notes to be snatched they should use the normal checkouts
  • People who take ages at the Self-Service Checkouts because they're paying for items with 5p's

If they dont want their notes to be snatched they should use the normal checkouts

Ouch!
  • Every industry has it's pointless award ceremony. "Cheese maker of the Year", "Car of the Year", "Paper Merchant of the Year". It's all cock. It's just actors and musicians are (supposedly) more interesting than funeral directors to Joe Public...
  • Greenie said:

Awards ceremonies like the Grammys or Oscars. Totally pointless, other than to massage the fragile ego of Musicians or Actors.

If a musician sells millions of albums and thousands of fans turn up at every gig, the chances are then they are successful, they shouldn't need a pat on the back and an award. Its a pointless comparison and totally subjective, Ed Sheeran won yesterday and I and many others think he's pony.

Same with actors, your film has just grossed a sqwillion dollars, and yet your need a 12" statuette to underpin your success....really?

So are the PFA awards, the Ballon'dor etc the same then?

Most of these awards are decided by people within the same industry, so I'd imagine it means something different than when the public decide.

It's like footballers always find players player awards mean something different than fans player.
  • The worst ones are where you cant hear the Checkout beep as you put the item through so you have to wave it in front of the scanner and then pause for 5mins as you wait to see if it comes up on the list as being scanned before moving on to the next item
  • pettgra said:

Self Service payouts. You attempt to put in a note and it snatches it from you like Arkwright's till. How rude.
    Next time i am going to feed it with five pence pieces, that will teach it.
    Should have posted on signs of being an old git!

On the subject of self service tills, I don't have an issue with them in general, but the ones in B&Q really annoy me. It's mainly because the voice on it is so quick to remind you to put the next item through that it feels like being constantly nagged. While you're putting one item in a bag, it's already saying "please scan the next item". ALRIGHT! GIVE ME A BLOODY CHANCE! It makes me feel like one of those downtrodden henpecked husbands you used to see in seventies sitcoms.
    I wouldn't mind any of this if it weren't for the fact that whenever I use B&Q, the self service till is the only till available!
    Room 101 beckons.
  • People who stand and have a piss in a toilet cubicle yet dont close the door... Almost just walked into the back of someone at work because I didnt realise it was occupied
  • Sponsored links:

• People who stand and have a piss in a toilet cubicle yet dont close the door... Almost just walked into the back of someone at work because I didnt realise it was occupied

i have mentioned it on here before, but why are they using a cubicle for a piss in the first place?
  • edited February 2016

People who stand and have a piss in a toilet cubicle yet dont close the door... Almost just walked into the back of someone at work because I didnt realise it was occupied

You should have just pissed on him / her.

Mind you if it was a woman she was performing quite a party piece.

i have mentioned it on here before, but why are they using a cubicle for a piss in the first place?
    I have to admit... I use the cubicle when I go to the toilet as dont like the thought of someone watching me perform the duty, but because of that I close the door!!
  • When you're at a party or gathering of some sort and the host mix's 2 different flavours of crisp into 1 bowl.
  • Having the theme tune from "Whose Line is it Anyway?" stuck in your head
  • When someone says they have a theme tune stuck in their head because usually it'll end up in mine too...

Thankfully I dont know the tune to "Whose Line is it Anyway" though
  • When someone says they have a theme tune stuck in their head because usually it'll end up in mine too...

It goes dodoodoo doodoo doodoo dadoo da da dadooo dadoodoodoodoo dadadoo dadadadadadaaaaa

https://youtu.be/Tisjk7CqNsQ

I have to admit... I use the cubicle when I go to the toilet as dont like the thought of someone watching me perform the duty, but because of that I close the door!!
    That's just odd
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!