Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• I just want to say ... Rubber galoshes ...
    rg.jpg 27.4K
  • T.C.E said:

Finding out one of my dogs is allergic to tree's FFs

Had a uncle, he was the same and he worked for the forestry.
  • Carter said:

Greenie said:

Real Ale drinkers babbling on about it like its the elixir of youth when in reality it's horse piss consumed by tubbies in badly fitting jumpers.

People with the palate of a sixteen year old who get all cross when they can't join in conversations about grown ups beer...
    I sit both sides of this fence and both equally annoy me

Drink what you like, you look like a little girl drinking alcopops though......
    Exactly.

Who worries about what other people drink? Strange behaviour.
  • Midnight news bulletins that describe things that happened 10 mins ago as yesterday.

Getting less sleep on a weekend than on a weekday

Richard from Sooty. He's no Matthew Kelly
  • Carter said:

Greenie said:

Real Ale drinkers babbling on about it like its the elixir of youth when in reality it's horse piss consumed by tubbies in badly fitting jumpers.

People with the palate of a sixteen year old who get all cross when they can't join in conversations about grown ups beer...
    I sit both sides of this fence and both equally annoy me

Drink what you like, you look like a little girl drinking alcopops though......
    Exactly.

Who worries about what other people drink? Strange behaviour.
    Typical Fosters attitude.
  • Being on a train that isn't moving, being stuck there for ages and the driver doesnt even bother to give an explanation as to why. Then the train does eventually move the driver pulls in to the wrong platform.

This is very annoying, why don't the teach those train drivers to steer properly?

;-)
  • MrOneLung said:

Grown men wearing trainers with suits because their feet are too feeble to endure the 4 minute walk from the station to the office. What would they have done in the trenches.

Grown men riding children's foot scooters.

Grown men in suits and trainers riding children's foot scooters.

I wear trainers with business casual attire as I walk to and from work which is a 1.5 mile walk each time. No way i'm going to do this wearing shoes or my feet will be coated in blisters, far more comfortable to wear for a long distance walk. Also keeps the shoes clean to wear in the office.
    You need shoes that fit.

Don't understand all this I walk a mile/mile and half/ do a triathlon on the way to work excuses. Your shoes shouldn't hurt your feet from walking in them.

No the shoes don't hurt when walking long distances I just find trainers far more comfortable and I can guarantee new shoes always means blisters for me.

Also to the poster above I usually spend about £50 on a pair of shoes. If I'm going to spend £90 on footwear I'd rather spend that on a nice comfortable pair of trainers than shoes which do just as good a job for £50.

But if you can't walk in them, they aren't doing their job. Sorry if I came across as patronising. My missus says I do that too. I have to explain to her at some length why that isn't the case, bless her.
    As I said already, I can walk in them but it comes down to preference. If I'm going to walk 1.5 miles I'd rather wear trainers then change into shoes. I appreciate the picture you posted but they wouldn't be suitable to wear around the office, same goes for black trainers or that would be the ideal fit.

When I used to commute into London I always wore shoes then.
  • The question is though... Leather or rubber soles? Got both in my rotation, but if it's raining it screws the whole thing up
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

Which branch?........................

Sorry. ;)
  • MrOneLung said:

Grown men wearing trainers with suits because their feet are too feeble to endure the 4 minute walk from the station to the office. What would they have done in the trenches.

Grown men riding children's foot scooters.

Grown men in suits and trainers riding children's foot scooters.

I wear trainers with business casual attire as I walk to and from work which is a 1.5 mile walk each time. No way i'm going to do this wearing shoes or my feet will be coated in blisters, far more comfortable to wear for a long distance walk. Also keeps the shoes clean to wear in the office.
    You need shoes that fit.

Don't understand all this I walk a mile/mile and half/ do a triathlon on the way to work excuses. Your shoes shouldn't hurt your feet from walking in them.

No the shoes don't hurt when walking long distances I just find trainers far more comfortable and I can guarantee new shoes always means blisters for me.

Also to the poster above I usually spend about £50 on a pair of shoes. If I'm going to spend £90 on footwear I'd rather spend that on a nice comfortable pair of trainers than shoes which do just as good a job for £50.

This - but exactly the opposite.

£90 on plimsoles - no wonder the country's going to the dogs...

:wink:
  • I get annoyed by discussions that go on and on about footwear.

Yes that's a lovely pair of running shoes you have on, totally set off the pinstripes. Grrr
  • And hangovers, I know the solution is to drink less but that's no use remembering the next day.

Normally while trying to piece together who it was who suggested the first round of shots. And usually either failing or remembering it was me.

And flaming sambuca.

Most of these are next day annoyances linked to the hangovers.
  • While I'm at it, how much does it cost to remove the annoying adverts before YouTube viewings?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yoN6XfyQsr4

And if I post that can people just click on the link?
  • Threads people think everyone has to agree on :wink:
    Missing out on banta with a troll or two :wink:
    Both of the above :wink:

• Drivers who think that by putting on their hazard lights it entitles them to drive like w*****s and even worse, park like a ****!
  • People stating their dislike of someone in RIP threads.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• IA said:

People stating their dislike of someone in RIP threads.

RIP
    ??
  • T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

Sorry. ;)
    Took me a while to twig that joke.
    He used to get all Spruced up for work , as well.

On a more serious note, I work in the timber industry and visit a lot of sawmills - and am allergic to Pine - if I touch Pine or go into a sawmill when they are cutting Pine logs, everything swells up in the wrong places.
  • purdis said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

Sorry. ;)
    Took me a while to twig that joke.
    He used to get all Spruced up for work , as well.

On a more serious note, I work in the timber industry and visit a lot of sawmills - and am allergic to Pine - if I touch Pine or go into a sawmill when they are cutting Pine logs, everything swells up in the wrong places.
    You should have thought of that before you signed your conetract.
  • Fir gods sake can we stop these tree jokes!!!!
  • iaitch said:

Fir gods sake can we stop these tree jokes!!!!

Yeah, leaf it out ffs
  • Barking mad the lot of ya!!
  • Yew started you sap
  • People who say they are being very reasonable
  • Oak ffs, give it a rest.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!