Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Grown men wearing trainers with suits because their feet are too feeble to endure the 4 minute walk from the station to the office. What would they have done in the trenches.

Grown men riding children's foot scooters.

Grown men in suits and trainers riding children's foot scooters.

I wear trainers into work but thats because I've got to drive and find it easier when I'm wearing trainers to do so.

I also used to wear trainers into London but then if I needed to run for the train I'd stand a chance of catching it, running with shoes and I look like I'm doing the goose-step really fast.
  • Grown men wearing trainers with suits because their feet are too feeble to endure the 4 minute walk from the station to the office. What would they have done in the trenches.

I thought the reason for this was to protect the shoes, not the feet.
  • People wearing hats indoors.
  • Greenie said:

Real Ale drinkers babbling on about it like its the elixir of youth when in reality it's horse piss consumed by tubbies in badly fitting jumpers.

People with the palate of a sixteen year old who get all cross when they can't join in conversations about grown ups beer...
    Nice jumper! ;o)
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Real Ale drinkers babbling on about it like its the elixir of youth when in reality it's horse piss consumed by tubbies in badly fitting jumpers.

People with the palate of a sixteen year old who get all cross when they can't join in conversations about grown ups beer...
    Nice jumper! ;o)
    Too hot for jumpers here - but as for the "tubby" bit...
  • Lager, alcohol for those who don't like alcohol.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016

IA said:

Grown men wearing trainers with suits because their feet are too feeble to endure the 4 minute walk from the station to the office. What would they have done in the trenches.

Most scruff bags spend £100+ on their overpriced plimsoles and £25 in Primark on their "work shoes", and you can't re-sole trainers. Almost anyone who invests in a decent pair of Churches or Loakes wouldn't wish to be seen in a suit and trainers at anytime.

Therefore I reject your suggestion, IA... :wink:
    Grenson or Alfred Sargent and shoes should not be worn on consecutive days - need to be allowed to breathe for at least 24 hrs after use - and use decent cedar shoe trees and shoe cream, not wax polish.
    That way the shoes will last miles longer and justify the extra cost.

Thinking of walking the mile and a half to work to lose some weight and trainers were in my thoughts for this return-based journey - sounds like I need a re-think? I don't wear a suit, though - generally smart casual for our office.

Trainers with suits does look odd, imho - see an increasing number of women wearing trainers with business apparel, too.

• purdis said:

IA said:

Grown men wearing trainers with suits because their feet are too feeble to endure the 4 minute walk from the station to the office. What would they have done in the trenches.

Most scruff bags spend £100+ on their overpriced plimsoles and £25 in Primark on their "work shoes", and you can't re-sole trainers. Almost anyone who invests in a decent pair of Churches or Loakes wouldn't wish to be seen in a suit and trainers at anytime.

Grenson or Alfred Sargent and shoes should not be worn on consecutive days - need to be allowed to breathe for at least 24 hrs after use - and use decent cedar shoe trees and shoe cream, not polish.

Thinking of walking the mile and a half to work to lose some weight and trainers were in my thoughts for this return-based journey - sounds like I need a re-think? I don't wear a suit, though - generally smart casual for our office.

Trainers with suits does look odd, imho - see an increasing number of women wearing trainers with business apparel, too.

I have said before, some wear high heels in the office for eight hours during the day, but have to put trainers on for the ten minute walk to the tube... Just wear a pair of flats.
  • People that over use the word 'scenes'
  • IA said:

Protect their shoes? What, from the ground? What are their shoes made of, Rose petals? Rice paper? Stuff that melts on contact with asphalt?
  • edited January 2016

purdis said:

IA said:

Grenson or Alfred Sargent and shoes should not be worn on consecutive days - need to be allowed to breathe for at least 24 hrs after use - and use decent cedar shoe trees and shoe cream, not polish.

I have said before, some wear high heels in the office for eight hours during the day, but have to put trainers on for the ten minute walk to the tube... Just wear a pair of flats.
    Have you seen the price of flats in London these days? Unrealistic.
  • purdis said:

IA said:

Have you seen the price of flats in London these days? Unrealistic.
    Alright - one flat then...
  • IA said:

It is indeed and at the rate my shoes fall apart I really should partake but you can't help but look like a knob so for now I'll continue to buy cheap shoes in the knowledge that they will fall apart fairly soon.
  • IA said:

It is indeed and at the rate my shoes fall apart I really should partake but you can't help but look like a knob so for now I'll continue to buy cheap shoes in the knowledge that they will fall apart fairly soon.
    I'm exactly the same. Never have done it because it looks stupid. But it makes sense.

If you're spending hundreds of pounds on work shoes to look good (I had to google the brands being named on this thread) and you have a long walk on concrete footpath, then I think it's logical to want to avoid wearing out the sole or getting street dirt in them. Especially on my walk to work as the footpath is uneven, presumably damages faster and I have to cross over muddy grass for a part. But I stick with cheap shoes, though a small step above Primark/Asda.
  • Americans calling the hash key, the pound key
  • Sponsored links:

I wear trainers with business casual attire as I walk to and from work which is a 1.5 mile walk each time. No way i'm going to do this wearing shoes or my feet will be coated in blisters, far more comfortable to wear for a long distance walk. Also keeps the shoes clean to wear in the office.
  • Greenie said:

I sit both sides of this fence and both equally annoy me

Drink what you like, you look like a little girl drinking alcopops though......

I wear trainers with business casual attire as I walk to and from work which is a 1.5 mile walk each time. No way i'm going to do this wearing shoes or my feet will be coated in blisters, far more comfortable to wear for a long distance walk. Also keeps the shoes clean to wear in the office.
    If you were to buy decent shoes they would be adequate for walking to the office in. They don't have to be rifdiculously expensive. Up to £90? Have you tried Clarke's? A good pair will last you for a couple of years as long as you look after them.. If you wear those stupid things that come to a point about a foot beyond your toes then I suppose there is nothing more to say.

Oh my god. I have turned into my dad.

You need shoes that fit.

Don't understand all this I walk a mile/mile and half/ do a triathlon on the way to work excuses. Your shoes shouldn't hurt your feet from walking in them.

• MrOneLung said:

You need shoes that fit.

Don't understand all this I walk a mile/mile and half/ do a triathlon on the way to work excuses. Your shoes shouldn't hurt your feet from walking in them.

Damn it, MrOL you are right. I used to walk miles in plimsolls. For two years the only shoes I had were a pair of donated paratrooper boots that were a size too large. Without socks. I walked all over London.

As soon as I started earning a wage I began buying proper walking shoes. Even if the arse was hanging out of my jeans, I was well shod.

It made me the man I am.
  • MrOneLung said:

You need shoes that fit.

No the shoes don't hurt when walking long distances I just find trainers far more comfortable and I can guarantee new shoes always means blisters for me.

Also to the poster above I usually spend about £50 on a pair of shoes. If I'm going to spend £90 on footwear I'd rather spend that on a nice comfortable pair of trainers than shoes which do just as good a job for £50.

• edited January 2016
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!