Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited January 2016

The fact that companies like BT can get away with having their customer services in India.

When you first join them, everyone speak fluent English but when something goes tits up you can't understand a word they are saying.

Agree. Place where i used to work had their IT call centre in India. Was an absolute nightmare when you needed to call them. I hung up a fair few times.
  • The fact that companies like BT can get away with having their customer services in India.

When you first join them, everyone speak fluent English but when something goes tits up you can't understand a word they are saying.

Interesting you should say that.

There's been a few members of staff at the TalkTalk call centre in Calcutta arrested, linked with the big hack attack last year.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35425275

Due to the geographic issues, the investigators don't think they'll have this case wrapped up in 2016 - so it will be at least 15 months since the incident occurred. You would hope this would encourage UK providers to switch their call centres back to the UK..

This also leads me to something else that pisses me off, government backed organisations doing diddly squat. The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) is also refusing to get involved despite people's personal data being leaked; instead advising customers to get their own lawyers involved.
  • When I put a radio station on the tv & find I keep looking at the bloody telly.
  • When Charlton Life members refuse to consider a new thread because they feel there is already an existing thread in place on that subject - even though the person who started the new thread may not be a regular visitor to the site and therefore not aware.
  • edited January 2016
    purdis said:

When Charlton Life members refuse to consider a new thread because they feel there is already an existing thread in place on that subject - even though the person who started the new thread may not be a regular visitor to the site and therefore not aware.

Http://Charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/repeatingthreads

;-)
  • Mark 'Lawro' Lawrenson - just the sound of his voice winds me up - and that's before I've attempted to digest the drivel he invariably and incessantly spouts.

Also, he's a member of the most irritating BBC Clique in TV history - Lineker, Shearer, Hansen & Lawro.

Thanks be to SKY Plus so I can fast forward to avoid that lot.
  • About time addison Lee drivers reappeared again
  • McBobbin said:

About time addison Lee drivers reappeared again

Any cabbie who needs directing. There are loads round my way, I love cabbies who know short cuts and alternative routes. They are tradesmen as far as I am concerned.

Someone who doesn't know where they are going in the area which they work should be struck off.
  • Sponsored links:

• The orgasmic close up shot on a TV chefs face as they shovel their own food into their own cake holes.

Self praise is no recommendation.
  • I really should look at this thread more often. Haven't checked this thread since before Christmas so thought I'd have a look on my commute to work.

A couple of personal favourites:

The person who thinks it's ok to leave your mess on the table in McDonald's because "it's someone else's job to clear it up" - wow

the person who listed "Homosexuality" as a thing that annoys them - wow

Absolute gem of a thread!

• When you just start seriously dating a new bird but an American bird you've not seen for 10 years but have been liking and perving over her pictures on Facebook the whole time is in London for a week and wants to meet up.

Twosome?
  • Full grown adults who like a lay in, what a waste of a day

See, when you've got a job and work Monday to Friday, it can make you feel a bit tired.

Depends what you call a lay-in... On a Saturday / Sunday I'll usually sleep in until about 9am yet although I dont live with my sister anymore I know she wont get up until gone midday which I certainly see as a waste

See, when you've got a job and work Monday to Friday, it can make you feel a bit tired.
    Oh right, I only graft the 6 days a week
  • ....next thing you'll be telling me is that you 'work' in an office an all
  • I was joking?!
  • Sponsored links:

• People that say "fact" at the end of a sentence/statement

Saying fact to emphasise your personal opinion does not make it a fact!!
  • People that say "fact" at the end of a sentence/statement

Saying fact to emphasise your personal opinion does not make it a fact!!

Is that a fact?

Ah, but it depends on who you are having a lay in with.

Depends what you call a lay-in... On a Saturday / Sunday I'll usually sleep in until about 9am yet although I dont live with my sister anymore I know she wont get up until gone midday which I certainly see as a waste
    Did you have to be careful not to wake her when you got up? ;)

One of my mates does this - she's 50 and sleeps until the afternoon. In an adult I think it may be a medical condition... :smile:
  • Carter said:

So I was doing a quick shop for fresh stuff in pikey morrisons earlier.

I've noticed this before and not thought about it for long.

Families who regardless of surroundings conduct all of their communication with each other via the medium of loud argument. The kids are permanently being screamed at, the mother and male are screaming at each other about a yoghurt or what alcopop they require. The kids are screaming. I mean fucking hell, I think we can all agree kids can often be arseholes and perhaps this family were having a really, really bad day but I didn't get that impression. They didn't give one shit about anyone in that shop, I wouldn't even say they cared about each other the way they were carrying on. This was normal service. And it is throughout the medway towns unfortunately.

I'm taking my custom to marks and Spencers in future for food, it may cost a lot more but at least I'll only have to listen to little Tarquin Farquar asking mater if he can go out on the hunt with papa and the rest of the gentry. Not overhearing Wayne and Waynetta bellow aimlessly and call their baby a cunt

This reminds me - in Asda at Charlton a few years ago, I witnessed some pikey woman screaming at her tantruming child. Her line to encourage the little feral beast to get off of the floor was, at the top of her voice:
    "Get off the facking floor you facking slag."

I stared open mouthed for a good 30 seconds. Couldn't believe my ears.
  • .Key performance indicators, especially the ones that contribute nothing towards doing a good job.
  • Been mentioned already about grown men on scooters and it's not that that bothers me, if you want to look like a complete mook then fair enough.

When these grown ups ride them like complete dick heads that's another matter!

seeing them trying to nip in and around congested pavements and wooshing straight up to the station entrance at speed before hopping off thinking they look cool whilst other, normal people are walking in just makes them look like complete arseholes!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!